TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 07:40 PM   #41
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawzPrez View Post
People experiment with what is often thought of as a "harmless" drug. Then, after using it for a while, a bigger "high" is sought; people then turn to the harder s*** like heroin, LSD, nose candy, etc.
Again, all of that is relative. It doesn't mean that every person will use it as a gateway drug at all.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 PM   #42
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
your argument of accessibility doesnt work. as a pot smoker, and in a family that sold wholesale liquor, it was always easier for me to buy a bag of weed than to get booze as a minor, because its regulated. and at times my parents couldnt park in our 2 car garage because PALATES of liquor would be in the way, grabbing a bottle or two usually went unnoticed. but buying pot, just as easy.

with legalization, comes regulation, including how it is distributed. you can be sure that the fine for selling legal pot to a minor would be far more harsh than cigarettes or alcohol just because of the stigma it will still carry once legalized, regardless if it is worse for you than booze/cigs.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #43
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:
'05 Toyota Corolla LE, '08 Pontiac G6 GT

Send a message via AIM to wonner Send a message via MSN to wonner
Quote:
People experiment with what is often thought of as a "harmless" drug. Then, after using it for a while, a bigger "high" is sought; people then turn to the harder s*** like heroin, LSD, nose candy, etc.

What happens when a kid smokes a cigarette for the first time? THEY GET HIGH! That is a legal "gateway" drug...has been for years. So what makes cigarettes any different than weed? And how many cigarette smokers do you know boot heroin or sniff coke? It's all relative to the person's "personality". I know PLENTY of potheads out here that wouldn't touch anything BUT weed.

There is also a huge culture difference out here. Most kids have ex-hippie parents and drugs are explained to their children. They're taught why certain things are bad and why they should be avoided, mostly from experience. Knowledge is power.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #44
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonner View Post
What happens when a kid smokes a cigarette for the first time? THEY GET HIGH! That is a legal "gateway" drug...has been for years. So what makes cigarettes any different than weed? And how many cigarette smokers do you know boot heroin or sniff coke? It's all relative to the person's "personality". I know PLENTY of potheads out here that wouldn't touch anything BUT weed.

There is also a huge culture difference out here. Most kids have ex-hippie parents and drugs are explained to their children. They're taught why certain things are bad and why they should be avoided, mostly from experience. Knowledge is power.
Like I said before, one of my biggest concerns are kids. Even unhealthy legal stuff such as cigs and alcohol are prohibited from being sold to kids. This is because kids generally don't exhibit the same reasoning, responsibility, and judgment of an adult.

The problem is even worse for weed use. Any time you make something legal, you increase the accessibility to children. All too often kids and teenagers get their hands on alcohol or cigarettes. We shouldn't let the same thing happen with weed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #45
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:

I'm done. I guess just be glad you don't live in CA.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:56 PM   #46
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

But there are some pro's to legalizing it...

Police and court resources would be freed up for more serious crimes.
Drug dealers (including some terrorists) would lose most or all of their business.
Border/transportation officials & related resources could focus on immigration enforcement and protecting against terrorism.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #47
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

I think it will be an excellent opportunity to point out hypocrisy in government. Smoking cigarettes is known to cause cancer and is being banned in public buildings everywhere....but smoking weed? that only screws up your brain/thoughts....have at it.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #48
tr4c3
Tri-State Addict

Member #1039

Send a message via AIM to tr4c3
Used to smoke when I was younger, no longer do it. Don't have any desire to start again. I wouldn't care if it was legal or not, but would definitely hope it's at least regulated in designated spots. I would prefer to not smell it nor be around it every time I go out.
tr4c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #49
99blazer
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6952

My Ride:
99 blazer

Quote:

The problem is even worse for weed use. Any time you make something legal, you increase the accessibility to children. All too often kids and teenagers get their hands on alcohol or cigarettes. We shouldn't let the same thing happen with weed.

Not true. Since I went into high school it has been way easier to get weed over alcohol any day of the week. The reason I don't drink is because it was so hard to get a hold alcohol compared to weed so I just never drank.
99blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #50
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
As long as I can keep blazing in Philly, that's cool, but I hope if it's legalized in cali doesn't mean it will be deemed more of a "devils drug" here.

People against pot: think hard about how many problems society has with alcohol, deaths, addictions, violence, and it's sold over the counter, meantime pot which is near harmless is illegal. When is the last time you've heard of someone pulled over for bad driving while high? Personal experience = driving high makes people more aware of others on the road, I've never been in the car with someone high and driving like a madman.

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 02-02-2010 at 12:31 AM.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #51
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
As long as I can keep blazing in Philly, that's cool, but I hope if it's legalized in cali doesn't mean it will be deemed more of a "devils drug" here.
If anything, I believe legalization will spread. Fourteen states have already legalized it for medical use.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #52
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

It's really not bad of a "drug"...after a hard day at work when my back and legs hurt and I'm falling asleep, a smoke makes the pain better and I can see at night like during the day, one time driving onto 676 in the city, I looked over at the skyscrapers and saw the world in HD, I could literally see every single detail. Great thing about pot is it's not addictive, I can go weeks without smoking...dunno why the government doesn't realize this, though I'm sure they are making money through all of the arrests for it and don't want that to stop, and it seems that in America, pot smokers are the biggest criminals, or so they make them seem.

Medical benefits are there...

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 02-02-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #53
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:

Quote:
...dunno why the government doesn't realize this...
They know. In the past, large timber companies basically paid to keep weed illegal because they were afraid hemp would replace wood-based paper. Search Harry J. Anslinger and William Randolph Hurst.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #54
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
You can control how much alcohol you consume & how it effects you. One shot doesn't get you drunk, but one hit can get you high... Wouldn't you agree?
One hit doesn't do anything, even to a novice smoker...marijuana use is plenty controllable, at least among people who have any kind of willpower...if I'm smoking and I feel I've had enough, I stop. On alcohol with the other hand, once I have a few drinks my decision making abilities become thinner and thinner, and I end up not stopping...I don't think Marijuana affects people's decision making at all for the worse, I know guys who smoke who don't even think to try harder drugs like coke, crack, heroin, meth, X, etc. You're making these statements based on assumption, not experience, and though smoking has different effects on different people, if you tried it you'd be surprised as to how functional you can still remain while "high", in fact, if leaving a bar after some heavy drinking, a light smoke sobers me up like I never took a sip.

Don't just assume ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonner View Post
They know. In the past, large timber companies basically paid to keep weed illegal because they were afraid hemp would replace wood-based paper. Search Harry J. Anslinger and William Randolph Hurst.
Yea I heard something about that, I think in one of Ron Paul's interviews about marijuana.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #55
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Quote:
One hit doesn't do anything, even to a novice smoker...marijuana use is plenty controllable, at least among people who have any kind of willpower...if I'm smoking and I feel I've had enough, I stop. On alcohol with the other hand, once I have a few drinks my decision making abilities become thinner and thinner, and I end up not stopping...I don't think Marijuana affects people's decision making at all for the worse, I know guys who smoke who don't even think to try harder drugs like coke, crack, heroin, meth, X, etc. You're making these statements based on assumption, not experience, and though smoking has different effects on different people, if you tried it you'd be surprised as to how functional you can still remain while "high", in fact, if leaving a bar after some heavy drinking, a light smoke sobers me up like I never took a sip.

Don't just assume ****.

Yea I heard something about that, I think in one of Ron Paul's interviews about marijuana.

So if smoking weed doesn't really have any affect, what is the point in growing it, buying it, smoking it, etc??
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #56
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

There are already areas in the US that it is legal to have i think its like under 5 grams for personal use.. i believe its in Cali and one other state only certian counties tho.. i know in northern Cali its legal to grow.. for the shops that sell only if you have a lisence for it
mitsuboost30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #57
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
legalize it
heck I don't even smoke it.

pot related deaths are far lower than alcohol or tobacco. It may be due to lack of clear information (not everyone will tell physicians they are big pot smokers).

Hey look at cheech and chong- they're still hanging around.

I hate seeing the sensational view of pot which gets mixed in with drugs that can really kill you.
heck there have been more emergency room visits on VITAMIN C overdose than steroid abuse but that can be another thread topic.

EDIT: IBAlexgetsquotedinthenews
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #58
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
its decriminalized in MA. the most you can get for any amount under 1oz is a 100 fine.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #59
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuboost30 View Post
There are already areas in the US that it is legal to have i think its like under 5 grams for personal use.. i believe its in Cali and one other state only certian counties tho.. i know in northern Cali its legal to grow.. for the shops that sell only if you have a lisence for it
I was reading on CNN some guy actually started an online trading website for growers and retailers in markets where it is legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
So if smoking weed doesn't really have any affect, what is the point in growing it, buying it, smoking it, etc??
What I mean is there are no real adverse effects. It doesn't affect decision making, doesn't affect body functionality, all it does is makes your eyes red and heavy, relaxes your joints and muscles, and would probbably make Ben Stein laugh out loud.

Some say it's addictive, I disagree. There is no real dependance on pot, most that I know smoke when they want to relax or have that extra mile of fun with friends, they don't smoke it cause they NEED to, rather because it's enjoyable as a recreational drug, much like a glass of wine. In fact, I don't think there is any evidence of marijuana being addictive unless it is not pure, after all, it is a natural herb, you could compare it to spices you cook with. I don't think cigarettes would be addictive either if there weren't so many additives in them, 100% natural tobacco probbably tastes much better than the junk that Philip Morris put out on the market and probbably doesn't cause dependance.

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 02-02-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #60
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Quote:
I was reading on CNN some guy actually started an online trading website for growers and retailers in markets where it is legal.

What I mean is there are no real adverse effects. It doesn't affect decision making, doesn't affect body functionality, all it does is makes your eyes red and heavy, relaxes your joints and muscles, and would probbably make Ben Stein laugh out loud.

Some say it's addictive, I disagree. There is no real dependance on pot, most that I know smoke when they want to relax or have that extra mile of fun with friends, they don't smoke it cause they NEED to, rather because it's enjoyable as a recreational drug, much like a glass of wine. In fact, I don't think there is any evidence of marijuana being addictive unless it is not pure, after all, it is a natural herb, you could compare it to spices you cook with. I don't think cigarettes would be addictive either if there weren't so many additives in them, 100% natural tobacco probbably tastes much better than the junk that Philip Morris put out on the market and probbably doesn't cause dependance.
my brother was at a point he couldn't sleep without smoking pot.
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote