TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
"Legalize It" Guarantees Itself A November Ballot

Well, in Arnoldland, the petition to legalize marijuana(besides medical use, but also for recreational purposes) has gotten almost 700,000 signatures and is 99.9% guaranteed to be on the November Ballot(midterm elections). If it can get this many signatures it definitely has a chance to pass. What are your thoughts?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

If it goes legit it gives me even more incentive to go out there.

Do it!
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

im moving! lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
x2 to what they both said!
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
99blazer
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6952

My Ride:
99 blazer

Yea Im out of here. And the Dea cant bust you anymore under federal law.
99blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #6
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:
'05 Toyota Corolla LE, '08 Pontiac G6 GT

Send a message via AIM to wonner Send a message via MSN to wonner
I'm all registered and ready to go.

Also on topic: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...-82942992.html Home Depot for potheads. Ten minutes from my house.

Last edited by wonner; 01-30-2010 at 06:41 AM.
wonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
TJs98GT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13569

My Ride:
2010 Evo X GSR WW

wow, thats awesome

D90
TJs98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

The economy sucks out there as it is... Pot won't saved them.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
The economy sucks out there as it is... Pot won't saved them.
makes things better though

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Those Californian idiots are shutting down farms that grow food every day because of the water shortage. Where are they going to grow their beloved weed?
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #11
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
Those Californian idiots are shutting down farms that grow food every day because of the water shortage. Where are they going to grow their beloved weed?
couldnt agree with you more, although i still think it should be legal.

my question is when are we going to give up and just let the peoples republic of CA become its own country and leave us all alone?
Old 01-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:

Quote:
Those Californian idiots are shutting down farms that grow food every day because of the water shortage.
Source?
Old 01-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
I say legalize it. its not as harmful as cigarettes and they are legal. I personally oppose most types of prohibition because it always causes more problems than if it didnt exist. Legalize it, tax it, it will put money into the economy (im talking throughout the whole country), and people who have really not done anything wrong can stop being harassed by all the Little Hitlers.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #14
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonner View Post
Source?
Although a year ago... a quick search from msnbc.com staff and news service reports updated 5:36 p.m. ET, Fri., Feb. 20, 2009:

Quote:
SACRAMENTO - Federal water managers said Friday that they plan to cut off water, at least temporarily, to thousands of California farms as a result of the deepening drought gripping the state.

U.S. Bureau of Reclamation officials said parched reservoirs and patchy rainfall this year were forcing them to completely stop surface water deliveries for at least a two-week period beginning March 1. Authorities said they haven’t had to take such a drastic move for more than 15 years.

The situation could improve slightly if more rain falls over the next few weeks, and officials will know by mid-March if they can release more irrigation supplies to growers.

Farmers in the nation’s No. 1 agriculture state predicted it would cause consumers to pay more for their fruits and vegetables, which would have to be grown using expensive well water.

“Water is our life — it’s our jobs and it’s our food,” said Ryan Jacobsen, executive director of the farm bureau in Fresno County. “Without a reliable water supply, Fresno County’s No. 1 employer — agriculture — is at great risk.”

The drought would cause an estimated $1.15 billion dollar loss in agriculture-related wages and eliminate as many as 40,000 jobs in farm-related industries in the San Joaquin Valley alone, where most of the nation’s produce and nut crops are grown.

'We're talking about a huge band of area that will be affected," Richard Howitt, professor of resource economics at UC Davis, told msnbc.com in an interview Friday. "I heard these predictions coming down the line, the $1 billion loss in revenue and 40,000 jobs, so I ran the numbers again. "

He delivered the grim statistics to the state Board of Good and Agriculture last week. He said new figures to be released later Friday showed even more trouble head for the state.

"As far as job losses? The answer is the majority of losses will be related to farms and farm work, the processing done for all farm commodities, and all those secondary jobs that roll through the valley economy," Howitt said.

California's sweeping Central Valley grows most of the country's fruits and vegetables in normal years, but this winter thousands of acres turned to dust as the state hurtles into the worst drought in nearly two decades.

The state's agricultural industry typically receives 80 percent of all the water supplies managed by the federal government — everything from far-off mountain streams and suburban reservoirs. The state supplies drinking water to 23 million residents and 755,000 acres of irrigated farmland.

Farms supplied by flows from the state’s system of pumps and canals would also see cutbacks but still get 15 percent of their normal deliveries, said Lester Snow, director of the Department of Water Resources.

This year, both the state and federal reservoirs have reached their lowest level since 1992.

Dwindling supplies would have to be routed to cities to ensure residents, hospitals and fire crews have enough to meet minimum health and safety needs, said Don Glaser, the federal reclamation bureau’s Mid-Pacific Region director.

The water shortages are so severe most cities will have to start mandatory ration programs by summertime, and residents will be asked to reduce their usage by 20 percent, Snow said.

“You’ve got to think about water as a precious resource,” he said. “It may seem a stretch to conserve 20 percent of your water, but that’s nothing in comparison to the consequences of the drought and job loss in agriculture.”
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #15
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

Quote:
The scope of the marijuana growth industry I dont think will flux greatly. Individuals who imbibe and use and don't feel like growing, won't. And thats most of them.

Its not like half the state will blow up with ganja farms. THat would make it unprofitable since they can't distribute on a national scale.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #16
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
Quote:
The situation could improve slightly if more rain falls over the next few weeks
Well, it's be raining most of the past month here. And due to recent technology and legislation, recycled water has been approved for agriculture use...it's just not "drinkable". So this info may be dated. I haven't heard of any crisis about closing farms, at least not in this area. And for what it's worth, hydroponic systems use 10% less water than standard growing methods.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #17
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

One of the wisest people I have ever met said this: Weed is illegal, but is a herb from mother earth. It should be as legal as it lettuce or tomatoes.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #18
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

I don't think it should be legal to purchase only because its a gateway drug. But for medical reasons sure. There's nothing wrong with smoking it, but lets not make it available to the general public... Not a good idea.

OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #19
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawzPrez View Post
I don't think it should be legal to purchase only because its a gateway drug. But for medical reasons sure. There's nothing wrong with smoking it, but lets not make it available to the general public... Not a good idea.
Well, a lot of illicit things are gateways to other things. It is relative to the individual. You could say alcohol is a gateway to spousal abuse or that growing up in a poor neighborhood is a gateway to being involved with crime, etc. It is a very broad statement.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #20
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawzPrez View Post
I don't think it should be legal to purchase only because its a gateway drug.
And alcohol's not? Or cigarettes? The "gateway" excuse is as old as Nancy Reagan.