TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
Permit To Carry

ive been wondering this for a while, but i was in jersey tonight and it got me thinking. i live an PA and have my CCW. i know i cant carry in jersey and i hear that they are very strict when it comes to having a gun in NJ. first of all, if i get stopped, when they run my license does it come back and say that i possess my CCW? and at that point would they find a reason to search me? and what would happen to me if i got caught with my gun in jersey? i find myself crossing the bridge a lot since i started my new job and it has me a little concerned. thanks sarge.
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

1st off let me say that it would be best to leave you gun home when going out of state. The computer check can tell the officers that you have a carry permit and if the officers had probable cause you could be searched and you could be in a bunch of trouble. I know its not a good clear answer but it would really depend on the incident you are involved in.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

thats pretty much all i needed to hear. i try not to take my gun out of state, but there have been situations. thanks sarge.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:32 AM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Ah, I really try to resist responding to these but I think I might have something helpful to add, just in case you wouldn't already do this.
Definitely make every effort not to take your gun across the river, but if you find yourself in any situation (in PA, NJ, or wherever) where you do get pulled over and you do have a gun anywhere on you or in the car at all, keep your hands in plain sight and calmly tell the officer first thing that you do have a gun and where it is located. Expect them to react to that a bit as they need to worry about their own safety, but it is the best thing for you to do if you do find yourself in that situation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:51 AM   #5
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Ah, I really try to resist responding to these but I think I might have something helpful to add, just in case you wouldn't already do this.
Definitely make every effort not to take your gun across the river, but if you find yourself in any situation (in PA, NJ, or wherever) where you do get pulled over and you do have a gun anywhere on you or in the car at all, keep your hands in plain sight and calmly tell the officer first thing that you do have a gun and where it is located. Expect them to react to that a bit as they need to worry about their own safety, but it is the best thing for you to do if you do find yourself in that situation.
yea ive been there too. never had a problem, but you are absolutely right. the worst thing would be for the officer to see it without me having told him. then i deserve a beat down.