TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #61
Yes SiR
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14707

My Ride:
some kind of Honda

Maybe they're loading this boat like you build a shed.... just sayin'
1991 Honda CRX
1990 Honda CRX
Yes SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #62
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes SiR View Post
Maybe they're loading this boat like you build a shed.... just sayin'
OK Miss "I can't do any manual labor that involves hand tools because I don't have a pink tool belt". Why you didn't just borrow Cory's is beyond me.

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #63
Yes SiR
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14707

My Ride:
some kind of Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by twastheglow View Post
OK Miss "I can't do any manual labor that involves hand tools because I don't have a pink tool belt". Why you didn't just borrow Cory's is beyond me.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be fashionable while working.

And at least I know HOW to use hand tools, unlike someone..... I didn't hear you complaining about my handy skills while my Mexican and I were putting your shed together.
1991 Honda CRX
1990 Honda CRX
Yes SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #64
DownforceTom
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7090

My Ride:
05 STi

So I got a sticker in the mail today. I feel like I drunkenly ordered more than that but we'll see. Did you get your wheels yet Mike?

Quote:
did that STi make your dick grow bigger too?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DownforceTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 AM   #65
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownforceTom View Post
So I got a sticker in the mail today. I feel like I drunkenly ordered more than that but we'll see. Did you get your wheels yet Mike?
No I did not. On top of that, my tracking numbers haven't shown ANY progress since the 4th when they were first scanned in.

With that being said, I made some phone calls to the USPS last week and I did some reading yesterday. Here's what I've figured. Firstly, the USPS doesn't have possession of the packages yet...the Polish mail system does. The scan on the 4th was actually done using their system and the USPS was electronically notified. The USPS won't get them until after they reach the US shore and after they are released from customs.

Originally I had read that it's a 6 day trip by ship to get a package from Poland to the US...BUT...I found that's not accurate. By air, which is basically a straight line, it's 4,200+ miles from NY to Warsaw. I estimate it's roughly 5000 miles by sea. I also read that cargo ships travel at an average speed of 15-20 mph. So if I use an average of 17 mph, it takes a little over 12 days to get from Poland to NY by sea. That's not including a day or two to load the ship and a day or two to unload it and hand the packages over to customs. That's a rough total of 16 days...which takes me to August 20th (give or take a day or two I would assume).

*sigh* I should have chartered a small TST party boat and gone over and picked them up after picking up a bunch of members from here.

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #66
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
hey Mike....as someone who works in international transportation, I can tell you vessels from Gdansk/Gdynia, aren't as frequent as ships from places like Japan/China. Once it hits the water, expect up to 20-30 days before it hits a US port.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #67
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonivory View Post
hey Mike....as someone who works in international transportation, I can tell you vessels from Gdansk/Gdynia, aren't as frequent as ships from places like Japan/China. Once it hits the water, expect up to 20-30 days before it hits a US port.
Ah, got ya. That's actually what the seller originally told me...it was going to take roughly 3 weeks from when it was scanned in on the 4th. That would take me to the 25th. So that seems accurate to you? The only problem is it was scanned in as leaving Pruszcz Gdanski on the 4th. That city isn't RIGHT on the coast. So I don't know if it left that city on the 4th and say, maybe was put on a boat yesterday, thus making the "3 week wait" start from yesterday rather than the 4th. Know what I mean?

I can definitely believe and understand the frequency or ships from that area being much less. But out of curiosity, why does it take 3 weeks once it hits water?

Quote:
Old 08-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #68
DownforceTom
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7090

My Ride:
05 STi

Bad news Mike, all of my stickers came in and not a single one said anything about gayness or manlove involving you. I'm totally disappointed.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #69
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownforceTom View Post
Bad news Mike, all of my stickers came in and not a single one said anything about gayness or manlove involving you. I'm totally disappointed.
What the ****?! Return them. Return them all! That's absolute bull**** and you know it!

According to what Poisonivory said about shipping from Poland, I should see those wheels hit US soil this coming week *crosses fingers and ****ing toes*

Quote:
Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #70
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

3 weeks and still no new ****ing news! What the **** Poisonivory!? Any inside info you can offer?

Quote:
Old 08-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #71
DownforceTom
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7090

My Ride:
05 STi

Damn... I just keep getting more and more stickers in the mail. Sorry bro.

Quote: