TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

I'm so impatient I cry myself to sleep

Why must USPS mind **** me? I bought wheels from a guy in Poland back in mid July. On July 21st I received my USPS tracking numbers. Those damn numbers didn't even show up in USPS's website until August 4th stating my items left Pruszcz Gdanski Wer, Poland. I have not seen an update since!!!! Ugh! I'm not even sure my wheels are on a ship yet...although I'm assuming so since it's been a week now with no new progress. Has anyone ever bought anything from eastern Europe and had to wait what seems like forever to get it?!?!

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.

Last edited by twastheglow; 08-11-2010 at 06:39 PM.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:
Just a Lancer and a Civic

Send a message via AIM to J.Ralli Send a message via Yahoo to J.Ralli
i ordered a lip from japan.... took 2 months lol
Quote:
CleanNeon98 is the kind of guy that wold sit in the corner crying if the world would ever be ending and he would want someone like J.Ralli to bring him a razor.
J.Ralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ralli View Post
Yeah, see that's the thing. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think this was a huge deal or even that out of the ordinary...but the guy I bought the wheels from refinishes wheels and sells them to people in the US all the time. He said the last time he sold wheels to a guy in the States it took 20 days to get to California.

Hey, J, did the 2 months begin when you placed the order or after you received any sort of tracking numbers?

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twastheglow View Post
Yeah, see that's the thing. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think this was a huge deal or even that out of the ordinary...but the guy I bought the wheels from refinishes wheels and sells them to people in the US all the time. He said the last time he sold wheels to a guy in the States it took 20 days to get to California.

Hey, J, did the 2 months begin when you placed the order or after you received any sort of tracking numbers?
After i placed the order and paid. Atleast you got a tracking number, all i was told was that its on their next shipment and its sitting with customs and blah blah blah. try paying for it and not having a tracking number or anything lol
Quote:
CleanNeon98 is the kind of guy that wold sit in the corner crying if the world would ever be ending and he would want someone like J.Ralli to bring him a razor.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #5
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
After i placed the order and paid. Atleast you got a tracking number, all i was told was that its on their next shipment and its sitting with customs and blah blah blah. try paying for it and not having a tracking number or anything lol
Yeah, I wouldn't be able to handle that. I paid way too much for these wheels not to know what's going on with them (tracking numbers). LOL But in all honesty, I still don't know. hahahaha

Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
2 months? well thats your fault then, you screwed up, you should have asked for the 'overnight parts from japan' option when ordering.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
2 months? well thats your fault then, you screwed up, you should have asked for the 'overnight parts from japan' option when ordering.

hahahahahah Touche!

Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post

lol i dont have connections to get thru US customs like that!
Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

with something like wheels.. being large boxes and heavy.. its going to take awhile..... thats what happens when stuff is shipped overseas with the postal service vs a shipping company....
mitsuboost30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuboost30 View Post
with something like wheels.. being large boxes and heavy.. its going to take awhile..... thats what happens when stuff is shipped overseas with the postal service vs a shipping company....
What's an appropriate amount of time it should take (before I get too annoyed)?

Like I said, I'm really just a baby whom has no patience.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

Quote:
What's an appropriate amount of time it should take (before I get too annoyed)?

Like I said, I'm really just a baby whom has no patience.
haha like i didnt notice :D

ATLEAST a month
Old 08-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
haha like i didnt notice :D

ATLEAST a month
hahahaha Indeed. I'm wearing big boy Pull-Ups as we type.

Should I count the 2 weeks between when I received the tracking numbers and when they were scanned in? LOL! The seller called them up on August 3rd asking them what the ****'s up and they told him they were just about to be loaded on a ship. Then the very next day they were showing up in the USPS system.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

I guess my lack of understanding the time line/process is what frustrates me.

For example, now that they're in USPS possession, are they going to be scanned again before being put on a ship...are they already on a ship? How long does the trip take by ship from Poland to the US (I read roughly 6 days)? Once they are received in the US, will they be scanned again before going through customs...just to let me know they've made it to US soil? If they get scanned before customs, do they get scanned again after they've been released? I guess my point is, they were scanned in on August 4th...are they just going to magically show up on my doorstep without me knowing they're even here?

Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #14
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

depending on how long it takes to load that ship.. then a few days to reach the us.. then customs.. then the usps time to get it to you...
Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
depending on how long it takes to load that ship.. then a few days to reach the us.. then customs.. then the usps time to get it to you...
So let's say 2 days to load the ship...ie, the ship left on the 6th. Then 6 days to reach the US...ie, the 12th. Then 2 days for US customs to release the items...ie, the 14th. Then 2-3 days max to get the items on my doorstep...ie, the 16th/17th. Am I within the realm of normal calculations?

Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #16
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

I was so glad to find my EDM headlamps locally. I've read about people who still have headlamps caught up in customs somewhere.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #17
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
I was so glad to find my EDM headlamps locally. I've read about people who still have headlamps caught up in customs somewhere.
Oh man, don't even tell me that!

Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:

Quote:
Oh man, don't even tell me that!
ive had stuff get held up at customs, all you have to do is go up to JFK and pick it up
Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
ive had stuff get held up at customs, all you have to do is go up to JFK and pick it up
If that's a serious statement, I definitely would. But how would I know?

Quote:
Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #20
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:

Quote:
If that's a serious statement, I definitely would. But how would I know?
your tracking number will tell you it is at JFK airport customs, 90% of stuff into the US comes through customs in NY. all you have to do is contact them. If it is something illegal and you shouldnt be getting it they will send you a letter to pick it up where you get questioned and arrested, ignore those letters and take your loss! lol
Quote: