TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: How long did it take for you to get your license?
1 Week 4 30.77%
2 Weeks 5 38.46%
3 Weeks 1 7.69%
4 Weeks 1 7.69%
Longer 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #21
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1

Took me about 20 minutes to get mine.

Went to the downstairs office in the Doylestown courthouse. Handed them my application. They took 5 min for the backround check. Waited 5 min for them to move the prisoners there for court out of the hallway where the room to take pictures for the I.D. is at. 10 minutes later I had my permit card with my picture in hand and walking out the door. The most time consuming thing was finding parking around the courthouse haha.

The Story Behind My Avatar
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #22
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

Reading, PA and it took me < 5 minutes on my 21st bday. The guy at the counter said "Going out for some drinks today?" My reply was "NO...going to the range". He chuckled snapped my picture and handed me my license.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #23
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
What??

Open carry is perfectly legal while on foot in Pittsburgh without a LTCF and also perfectly legal in Philadelphia with a valid LTCF (because it's the only City of the First Class in PA). There is no superseding the Uniform Firearms Act... it is the law. The Philadelphia's Police Department, which is made up of barely educated, corrupt thugs who couldn't care less what the law says, have been told numerous times about open carry in Philly being legal with a LTCF... specifically during their 2009 MPOETC training. It's those warped individuals who have completely distorted the law and have some sort of false impression that open carry is illegal and who wrongly arrest/detain/steal openly carried weapons from people who are well within their rights to open carry within the city because they hold a valid LTCF.

Because of recent events, they have been updated yet again, but they have chosen to write it into their "department policy" that officers are to stop, disarm, and check for LTCF if they see someone open carrying. That's against the law, but they will continue to break the law until someone steps in and puts up a legal fight. Fortunately for all of us, whether we choose to open carry or not, that's happening right now.

Basically, after a long winded post, everyone needs to understand that open carry IS legal in both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and there is nothing in case law or otherwise that says anything about it being illegal. If you happen to get hassled by either department or at worst, detained or arrested or have your weapon confiscated, well then you might just end up with a good chuck of money for your troubles.

ETA: I didn't see your other post.. I thought you were saying don't OC in either city at all. I see that you understand that LTCF is required to OC in Philly, but it is not required in Pittsburgh unless you hop in a car.
ill never understand you open-carry nutjobs. why would you go through all that hassel just so you can proove how big your dick is?
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #24
3rdGenMr2Girl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9924

My Ride:
1993 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to 3rdGenMr2Girl
it took me two weeks to get mine
)
3rdGenMr2Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #25
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
ill never understand you open-carry nutjobs. why would you go through all that hassel just so you can proove how big your dick is?
first of all, nice spelling.

second of all, when a woman OCs, is she also doing it to prove how big her dick is?

The small penis gun carrier argument is really old and played out at this point anyway. You need to get with the program and start belittling gun carriers for things like the florida "loop hole" and the castle doctrine.

Better luck next time.

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #26
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC View Post
I said don't open carry in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh county without a LTCF. It is legal in every county but those two without a permit. The are considered cities of first class, and require permit.

And I live in Bucks County.
I see this has been corrected already, but please don't post information that you haven't personally verified as fact.

A city of the first class (over 1 million residents) is the only place in PA that requires a LTCF for open carry. Philadelphia is the only city of the first class in PA. Pittsburg isn't even close.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #27
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Also, don't let anyone tell you that a LTCF is only for concealed carry. It is simply a "License to Carry Firearms".

Old 11-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #28
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodder View Post

second of all, when a woman OCs, is she also doing it to prove how big her dick is?

The small penis gun carrier argument is really old and played out at this point anyway. You need to get with the program and start belittling gun carriers for things like the florida "loop hole" and the castle doctrine.

Better luck next time.
Quote:
I see this has been corrected already, but please don't post information that you haven't personally verified as fact.

A city of the first class (over 1 million residents) is the only place in PA that requires a LTCF for open carry. Philadelphia is the only city of the first class in PA. Pittsburg isn't even close.

Quote:
Also, don't let anyone tell you that a LTCF is only for concealed carry. It is simply a "License to Carry Firearms".
^^^What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
You obviously haven't seen/heard me describe what I really think of open carrying. Personally, although I do OC on occasion, I don't really enjoy carrying that way and I think that a lot of people who do, do so for the wrong reasons. However, if you fight for the rights of one, you must fight for the rights of everyone. It's not about what you or I think of OC, it's about the fact that it's legal and those who are in city-paid positions who are trying to carry out their own interpretation of the law are in fact breaking the law... they are the criminals, not the people who choose to carry openly. If for no other reason, that alone makes defending open carriers' rights worthwhile.

As for your specific insult, I can look at your car and ask why you need to go through all the hassle of upgrading it just so you can 'prove how big your dick is'. Why swap motors? Why lower the car? Why put a loud ass exhaust on the car? Why are the hot rodders fighting against emissions law changes so that they can keep driving their obnoxiously loud/fast cars legally? Must be to prove how big your dick is... it can't possibly be because it's something you love and feel strongly about. The difference? Carrying a firearm is a Constitutionally protected right and driving a car is just a privilege. Next time you feel like throwing out an insult, how about you use your head and at least attempt to think about the reason someone does something. It's not always to prove something to someone. Sometimes 'just because' is enough.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 11-24-2010 at 03:07 PM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #29
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

well, glad i live in bucks county now... should i just go to d-town? or will any court house in bucks county do? ie: the place i went to fight my traffic ticket?
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #30
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
well, glad i live in bucks county now... should i just go to d-town? or will any court house in bucks county do? ie: the place i went to fight my traffic ticket?
http://www.buckscounty.org/governmen...onsPermit.aspx

Just ignore the lack of proper terms on that page and completely disregard any and all bulls*** paperwork they hand you while you're there. A good number of counties hand out almost anti-gun propaganda with your LTCF that states some ridiculous 'rules' and guidelines for carrying in PA. Ask here or research on PAFOA for the actual laws.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #31
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

sweet thanks. i need to update my driver's license asap... still says hershey... they hasn't been true in years
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #32
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

Lawrence county ------> 15 min tops
cavillac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #33
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Quote:

Better luck next time.
Oh cool. Attack me for the one word I misspelled. You must be real happy with your life. And no, I've never seen a civilian woman open carry. So I can't answer that. But what I was trying to say (I'll spell it out for you since it probably applies to you) is that people who oc almost always have something to prove. Believe me I didn't come in here to start an arguement. For the most part, I agree with you. The more guns in the hands of qualified responsible law-abiding citizens the better. I just don't see the point in showing it off to complete strangers. Especially in philly, where you know its gonna be a problem. To prove a point to the police? I know the last thing I want people to know is thatg I'm armed.

Last edited by ThePrimerSuspect; 11-24-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #34
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

In order to stay on topic, it took me 2 months in Philly.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #35
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Took me about 1 week in Chester County.
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #36
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Oh, and go join PAFOA.org if it hasn't been said already.
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote