TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #121
FastEddie
Noob-Jersey

Member #26556

My Ride:
2005 Dodge Neon SRT 4

Hello,

I am very new to this forum. I have heard great things about your Spring Meet. I am from Ohio. I noticed that you may be having some issues nailing down a location. I know that considerable planning goes into such large car shows. I am from the Youngstown Area if you are familiar with that location. It is an hour from Cleveland. I don't know if this is the kind of site you are looking for
however here are some recommendations/ideas.

The Canfield Fairgrounds - Canfield, Ohio : This location is largely maintained flat grassy fields with a grid pavement system. It is has held many car shows in the past that can handle your needs. They should have access to food vendors as well. I am unfamiliar to the pricing. However, there is a local Ohio State Patrol not more than a 1/8 mile down the road from the fair grounds. They have been able to help with traffic. Again, I am unfamiliar with what contribution will be needed to acquire their services or if the Fairgrounds plan that for you.

It looks like there are available dates as well.

Salem MotorSports Park - Salem, Ohio: This is a very Popular local Drag Strip with plenty of car Parking. Again, we are looking at more maintained grassy fields. Many Car Shows take Place here. Obviously the Quarter Mile drag Strip is a great plus to this location. From their event schedule it looks to be well booked. However, many of the dates listed are for race nights. Maybe there is a possibility of having the show along side them? Just a thought. On site food vendors as well as Porta- Johns.

IX Expo Center - Cleveland, Ohio: this location is very large with a huge paved Parking Area. Mostly it is used for its large indoor facility. It has over 40 acres of outdoor space. I imagine this would be the most expensive option. However, you never know until you call!

Each of these locations are close to dining and hotels. I hope this helps with your search.

From one car enthusiast to another, Good Luck!

Eddie
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:52 AM   #122
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

tristatetuners... ohio..
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #123
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Yeah thats so far out of the way, that would be ridiculous for the TST meet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #124
Outlawstar98
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6940

My Ride:
06 BMW; 13 BRZ

Send a message via AIM to Outlawstar98 Send a message via MSN to Outlawstar98
Considering most of the people on this forum are from the Philly region. lol
Old 04-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #125
FastEddie
Noob-Jersey

Member #26556

My Ride:
2005 Dodge Neon SRT 4

Yeah, I totally understand.Tough times makes for some new ideas. I hope that wherever this meet takes place, it is a success.
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #126
Crash
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #26573

My Ride:
2011 Suzuki SX4 LE Anniversary Edition

Really hope this meet happens this year....me and my friends look forward to this one the most!
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #127
DC2papabear
Noob-Jersey

Member #26609

My Ride:
95 Acura integra

Carlisle Fairground

Honestly one of the places I could see it happen is the Carlisle Fairgrounds. It's where style and performance, a whole bunch of car shows. Big lot. Stands and whatnot.
DC2papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #128
TheAlchemist
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #24236

My Ride:
Procharged 2000 Trans Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2papabear View Post
Honestly one of the places I could see it happen is the Carlisle Fairgrounds. It's where style and performance, a whole bunch of car shows. Big lot. Stands and whatnot.
Problem with that, is now you are moving further away from the centralized location of where most people are coming from. So now it turns into a 2-3 hour drive one-way to get there and another 2-3 hour (or more) drive home. If you do that, you'll cut down on a lot of people who would attend, then it defeats the purpose of having it at a larger facility. The reason the Warminster site attracts such a large crowd is because it's centrally located to a large amount of people.

TheAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #129
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Thanks to those who continue to contribute.
As you probably can all tell already, we're running out of "Spring" to have the meet this year unfortunately. Been a tough road finding a location that will be well suited for us that we can call home.
We are however looking into holding the meet later this year... if anyone has any feedback about that, and what you think your interest, your friends' interest, and the public in general would think about doing that we'd appreciate the feedback.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:22 AM   #130
Crash

Member #26573

My Ride:
2011 Suzuki SX4 LE Anniversary Edition

This is one of the meets that my friends and I look forward to every year and I really hope it can still happen...the only thing that I could see that would change at this point is attendance numbers...since the meet would happen later in the year than usual that just means more time for people to get their builds together! Don't give up on this meet! Make it bigger and better than last year!

Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:35 PM   #131
brawl
Noob-Jersey

Member #20629

My Ride:
1994 Toyota Supra TT

Bryan, did you explore the option of Dover International Speedway?
brawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #132
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

I'm afraid how few of people will be on this forum next year... especially from not having this meet.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #133
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

Me and my friends were talking about this at fresh meet. It's not only one of the biggest but best organized. Even though spring is (almost) over, we all agreed that a summer kick off or even a fall meet would still be awesome to hold.

Also since this meet is greatly linked to giving to charity, a school or university would probably be able to support this. A university should have more than enough space to hold it

Quote:
My car remote died. I had to insert my key into the lock like some kind of animal.
holla@cha_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #134
vdcoff
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6984

My Ride:
2011 Impreza WRX Ltd / 2012 Yamaha FZ8

Ocean City maryland somewhere? on a weekend that doesnt have any other car activities such as h2o or the june car show
i dont think there are any car events in july

vdcoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #135
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdcoff View Post
Ocean City maryland somewhere? on a weekend that doesnt have any other car activities such as h2o or the june car show
i dont think there are any car events in july
OCMD is probably an expensive venue.. especially during vaca season. There is a reason Cruise Week and H2Oi are in out of season events.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #136
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:
'14 Fiesta ST, 93 Summit Coupe

Campbells field is the logical choice. its an hour from DE, IN Camden, and at most 20 min from anywhere in philly.

Guns, Girls & Cars...
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #137
JWatZ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #25781

My Ride:
vq35de powered grocery getter

This is still in planning mode? geez...

JWatZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #138
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Campbells Field is a great location, but in order to hold the number of cars our event brings it requires combining something like 7 different parking lots there from the ballfield all the way through the aquarium and over to the concert venue, with everything in between, and something across the street too. This meet is BIG. I worked hard to pull off this location actually but its a very tricky one and it just didn't fall in to place.

We are revisiting some of the venues we looked at for the spring to see if we might be able to do this year's event in the fall instead, and we're hoping that it will work out. It will still be a bit before we have any finalized details but we'll be sure to let everyone know how its looking. We really want to hold the meet and hope we can still get a great turnout later this year.

As always, if anyone has suggestions on parks, universities, or other venues where you think we can park 2000+ cars on either grass, gravel, or pavement, please throw the ideas out there and we'll add them to our list of potential locations.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #139
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

How about stabler arena at Lehigh University? Seems like the lot can hold about 1,000+ cars then there's a decent size stone lot right next to it

Quote:
My car remote died. I had to insert my key into the lock like some kind of animal.
holla@cha_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #140
masiegi

Member #20599

My Ride:
VW GTI MKV

They used to hold Eagles Training Camp there. There is a ton of space.
masiegi is offline   Reply With Quote