TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

Liberta's SRT-4

This is my 2004 Neon SRT-4. I've been meaning to make one of these since i bought it in march.

Bought it from an old man with 3 of them with just under 60k miles. Car was dirty from being outside, but in really good shape. Inside was flawless and shifted smooth as butter.

Pics from day one.

Then after lowering the front, eyelids, and removing the bumper mesh

And how it sits now with the new wheels.

Current mods as of 8/29/12
Power:
Mopar Stage 2 w/o
Mopar 682cc Injectors
Mopar Blue Plate BOV
3 Bar MAP/TIP w/ MPx MAP Adapter
Forward Motion WGA
AGP Solid Engine Mounts
MPx BFMIC
aFe Stage 2 CAI
Ported Exhaust mani on Stock turbo
Spiking 22, holding 19-20 to redline.
No dyno #s as of yet

Wheels/Suspension:
Mopar S1 Lowering springs(25mm drop)
Mopar F/R Sway bars
17x7.5 ASA LW5's wrapped in 205/50/17 Eagle GT's

Exterior:
Wingless
Debadged w/ Viper front badge
Other random DIY mods(rolled rear bumper, front mesh delete etc)
Custom Redout tails
S-Style Eyelids

It pulls pretty nice for a daily, but it could use a tune. Just waiting on a new exhaust and wideband o2 before i let that happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Liberta you are the SJ meet president. You're supposed to be at every meet. No excuses.
Quote:
someone comes up to you at a meet, you think he's gonna talk about your car but then he's like "this is your car right? i saw your car in traffic one day and some blonde bitch was sucking your dick....*high five*"
liberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

looks good, but i think it needs a bigger intercooler.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Mishimoto
Vendor

Member #12742

My Ride:
2008 EVO X, 1991 RHD J-Spec S13 (566RWHP)

Looks like a fun daily!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
|
|
|
]

The Leader in Aftermarket Performance Cooling Technology
Offering Aluminum Radiators, Intercoolers, Silicone Hoses & Cooling Accessories
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Im not a huge fan of wingless cars, but I approve.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

WTF is up with that CAI?!?!?! Looks like its routed directly into the cold side pipe and then back up into the engine bay?!?! Also ditch the blue plate and you'll see a lot better results and less boost loss to redline.

Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

Thanks guys. It really is a fun daily. But it's more or less that. It isn't a racecar, and the OEM SRT4 wing isn't really functional for anything other than a towel rack or a police magnet. I eventually plan on grabbing a PVO wing(duckbill) if i can find one for the right price. That wing is both classier and provides more downforce(yes it actually does) at speed than the basket handle did.

And believe it or not Jim, they make them considerably bigger for this car. My core is 3.5" thick. The Tunergeeks BFMIC on DaBombDiggidy's is 5" thick. But his car is actually fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post
WTF is up with that CAI?!?!?! Looks like its routed directly into the cold side pipe and then back up into the engine bay?!?! Also ditch the blue plate and you'll see a lot better results and less boost loss to redline.
CAI actually makes a 90 right into the box, the catch can makes it look crazier than it really is.

Reference pic

And as far as the blue plate, I'd need a flanged hard pipe for my cold side, which i really don't feel like buying atm. It's holding 19-20ish to redline, which is really good for stock turbo. But if(when) i upgrade my turbo, I want to find a Greddy Type R bov. I know they're hard to find, but it isn't played out. Every SRT4 has either the SSQV or the Greddy Type S.

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Liberta you are the SJ meet president. You're supposed to be at every meet. No excuses.
Quote:
someone comes up to you at a meet, you think he's gonna talk about your car but then he's like "this is your car right? i saw your car in traffic one day and some blonde bitch was sucking your dick....*high five*"

Last edited by liberta; 08-29-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
tigasTT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21356

My Ride:
8thgen SI

loooks good man

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
tigasTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

Ahhh I see what you're talking about now. Man when I had mine those were called short ram intakes and the CAI were routed down into the fender so it actually got cold air and not all the hot air inside the engine bay. Seeing these pics makes me miss mine...DAMN YOU!!!

Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

The aFe setup is supposedly the best intake for a factory sized turbo. My old intake was a short(hot) ram. This one has a plastic tube and the box is insulated to keep the heat out. Also where the fender hole is to run a normal cai, that feeds air into the box. Its a noticable difference too. And I dont have to worry about puddles.

It can be disputed whether its a sri or cai, its only 2.5"(turbo inlet is 2.5" so anything bigger would just bottleneck anyway) but it makes the engine bay look soooo much cleaner

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by liberta; 08-31-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
boostedfury
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1389

My Ride:
99 Z51 Corvette & 2003 Explorer XLT

Send a message via AIM to boostedfury
Looks great man they sure are fun cars! If you ever need any stock parts hit me up

boostedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedfury View Post
Looks great man they sure are fun cars! If you ever need any stock parts hit me up
I still have a few injector covers laying around somewhere in my shed/garage and like 4 stock shift knobs. I dunno why...people just always left them here when I would change theirs out.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

I miss my skittle. Looks good though did i miss how much you paid out of curiosity?

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGz Turbo View Post
I miss my skittle. Looks good though did i miss how much you paid out of curiosity?
you know you want another one.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #14
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslow95 View Post
you know you want another one.
True....But i also want AWD...Although the SRT with snow tires was a monster.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

I actually JUST bought that injector cover like 3 weeks ago lol. And i'd rather not put the price on the internet lol. Got family friend pricing tho. I didn't really want black at first, but it was so clean i couldn't turn it down. And how often to you get lightly modified cars like this that haven't been beaten on without paying an arm and a leg?

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

Thread bump! Got my new diffuser mounted.

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
Mishimoto
Vendor

Member #12742

My Ride:
2008 EVO X, 1991 RHD J-Spec S13 (566RWHP)

Looks great!
|
|
|
|
]

The Leader in Aftermarket Performance Cooling Technology
Offering Aluminum Radiators, Intercoolers, Silicone Hoses & Cooling Accessories
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Looks good bertz
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
tristatesentra
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5347

My Ride:
2010 Honda Civic EX

Send a message via AIM to tristatesentra Send a message via MSN to tristatesentra Send a message via Yahoo to tristatesentra
nice!!!! looks good man

You Tuneit.com

Quote:
I want to gouge out my eyes with a hot spoon
tristatesentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

Thanks guys. I just got different springs for it. Keeping the front the way it is, but this should lower the rear another inch and a half to get rid of the horrible SRT rake.

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Quote: