TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #101
BluS2k
Tri-State Addict

Member #4973

My Ride:
02' Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyturbo View Post
I wouldn't call it hate, at least not from my end, but sometimes it's fun to "ruffle feathers" lol..But I will say that this is one of the stupidest things you can say while we are on this subject:
What variables do you have on the street that you don't on a track? It's actual driving right?? You get an ET and you get a trap speed, they tell you exactly how powerfull your car is and how well you can drive it period..More times then not people refrain from going to the track in order to avoid dissapointment and embarrasment, theese are the same people that love to ROLL race on the street..Needless to say it is not rocket science to step on the gas in 4th gear or whatever..Didn't you ever back those dyno numbers up??

Please don't take anything I say offensively, I just want to see what your car runs at the track that is all
i agree with the ruffling feathers thing, this thread is the most entertaining one i have been a part of in a long time. by variables at the track i mean the track is usually prepped in some way, am i correct? plus just being at the track usually gives me goosebumps, its just a very exciting atmoshpere. then you have to worry about reaction time. usually on the street there are no times, its just whether or not you win. also on the street you don't have a marker that you are racing to most of the time. sometimes you have someone that lets off and the other guy goes flying by thinking he won.

i guess i am one of those people that refrain from driving at the track, not because of embarrasment or dissapointment, but because of my seemingly fragile differential. (not about to pay a flatbed for two hours of driving me home) and i'll admit that i am one of those that love to roll race because of my diff. and that is absolutely the only reason i roll race. but as ray will tell you, we did race from a dig, and i got beat fair and square.

as for the what variables do you have on the street that you don't have at the track comment... i wouldn't say it was stupid, just misinformed on my part. i agree that its not rocket science to just step on the gas in any given gear. although i haven't backed up my dyno numbers at the track, i have backed them up with multiple wins on the street and some losses too.

i will also admit that i did get offended initially, but after thinking about it i calmed down. its just difficult to judge someones tone of voice while reading what they said. i am sorry if i came off as an asshat, i'm def not one.

if anyone is going to a track sometime soon i will def go, i just won't launch my car. i guess from that i will get an estimation of what my car can do on the track. there have been many people asking me what my car can do in the quarter mile but i don't have an answer because i have never taken this car there. maybe its about time. let me know
BluS2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #102
BluS2k
Tri-State Addict

Member #4973

My Ride:
02' Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91aser View Post
is your bottom end built ??
no my bottem end is not built, but is pretty stout from the factory. i have a 3mm headgasket installed which lowers the compression from 11:1 to roughly 9:1. its basically a factory engine with the gasket. there are many many people with the same basic setup i have that are pushing over 500whp on pump, and several others with plenty more. there is even one pushing over 600whp on a completely untouched engine, meaning he is still running the factory 11:1 compression. its all in the tune really.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #103
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluS2k View Post
i agree with the ruffling feathers thing, this thread is the most entertaining one i have been a part of in a long time. by variables at the track i mean the track is usually prepped in some way, am i correct? plus just being at the track usually gives me goosebumps, its just a very exciting atmoshpere. then you have to worry about reaction time. usually on the street there are no times, its just whether or not you win. also on the street you don't have a marker that you are racing to most of the time. sometimes you have someone that lets off and the other guy goes flying by thinking he won.
The tracks are never prepped any time I go during test and tune, I usually go twice a month or so. You do not have to worry about reaction time at all, it makes NO difference in your time. All cars on street or slick tires have times posted unless specified that you want n/t. You are more or less racing to get a good ET or MPH.

Quote:
i guess i am one of those people that refrain from driving at the track, not because of embarrasment or dissapointment, but because of my seemingly fragile differential. (not about to pay a flatbed for two hours of driving me home) and i'll admit that i am one of those that love to roll race because of my diff. and that is absolutely the only reason i roll race. but as ray will tell you, we did race from a dig, and i got beat fair and square.
You can ease your car off the line like you would on the street, your 1/8, and1/4mile trap speed will tell the TRUE tale of power. I'm not too worried about the race with ray, I was just givin you a hard time.

Quote:
as for the what variables do you have on the street that you don't have at the track comment... i wouldn't say it was stupid, just misinformed on my part. i agree that its not rocket science to just step on the gas in any given gear. although i haven't backed up my dyno numbers at the track, i have backed them up with multiple wins on the street and some losses too.
You must agree though that you cannot use someone elses car as a benchmark..Could very easily be a fluke. I have experienced it on the good and AND on the bad end..Mabye the guy can't drive, ect?

Quote:
i will also admit that i did get offended initially, but after thinking about it i calmed down. its just difficult to judge someones tone of voice while reading what they said. i am sorry if i came off as an asshat, i'm def not one.
lulz

Quote:
if anyone is going to a track sometime soon i will def go, i just won't launch my car. i guess from that i will get an estimation of what my car can do on the track. there have been many people asking me what my car can do in the quarter mile but i don't have an answer because i have never taken this car there. maybe its about time. let me know
You can go sunday to Englishtown. Not only is it the mitsubishi vs. subaru day, it is also open test and tune..There is no pressure to try and beat anyone..If anything just go out and take it easy off the line, but you will find you will have less traction then on the street. At least you can get an indication of where it stands just going by trap speeds, and you can watch some bad ass cars (mitsubishis) beat up on other cars (subaru) all day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #104
assault187
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2176

My Ride:
97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder AWD

Send a message via AIM to assault187
Blus2k, Roll to the track sunday! I'll be there but the engine is coming out friday night so my car wont be present. See what times you can shoot off!

If you have never raced at the track you'll love it!

World record holder for Quickest and Fastest 1/4 mile Spyder, 4 cylinder vert, 1st in 10's, 2.0L 4G63 Holset record, Modified Mag December 2010, Self built, self tuned.
assault187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #105
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Mike I think once you run at the track you'll stop wanting to run on the street. Totally different kind of racing and I think it's so much more fun than running on the street.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #106
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

They need a closer track lol, I know people have been saying it for years just sucks driving an hour an half to 2 hours to break down.
05 GTO - Push Button Performance w/ spooling action
SleeperGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:33 AM   #107
BluS2k
Tri-State Addict

Member #4973

My Ride:
02' Honda S2000

i would much rather go to the track on a saturday this time of year. i am a huge pro football fan and well, sunday is chock full of games. i have raced at the track before but that was with my protege, and all i could manage out of that was a 16 flat. its been a long time since i have been to any track. i guess the reason i don't to the track often is driving all the way down there, paying to get in, and between 9am and 1 pm only getting two runs in. i dunno, i will see how i feel when the weekend comes.

i was just told by a guy at work that if i run a 12.99 or better in a convertible that i would get booted from the track, is that true?

Last edited by BluS2k; 09-18-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #108
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
there is a closer track than Englishtown called island dragway, if you go during the week at night you be a lot more than 2 runs.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #109
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluS2k View Post
i would much rather go to the track on a saturday this time of year. i am a huge pro football fan and well, sunday is chock full of games. i have raced at the track before but that was with my protege, and all i could manage out of that was a 16 flat. its been a long time since i have been to any track. i guess the reason i don't to the track often is driving all the way down there, paying to get in, and between 9am and 1 pm only getting two runs in. i dunno, i will see how i feel when the weekend comes.

i was just told by a guy at work that if i run a 12.99 or better in a convertible that i would get booted from the track, is that true?
I think its 11.99 now for verts it did use to be 12.99 but so many stock cars come out running those times in vert form i guess they had to change it cause who the heck is going to cage a stock car.You just need a helmet you should be fine your car looks stock so i highly doubt they'd bother ya.
05 GTO - Push Button Performance w/ spooling action
SleeperGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #110
Sled
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZ05 View Post
I think its 11.99 now for verts it did use to be 12.99 but so many stock cars come out running those times in vert form i guess they had to change it cause who the heck is going to cage a stock car.You just need a helmet you should be fine your car looks stock so i highly doubt they'd bother ya.
its 13.49 for convertables. as for island drag way that place is ok. i raced there once and its hard to stop if you make big trap speed and theirs a dip in the right lane. I ended up getting kicked anyway, but i dont think id go back with anything faster than a 12sec car gain.

05-28-2010 Insubordination (Second-Degree)
05-18-2010 Disrespecting Another Member
08-20-2009 Dodging Swear Filter / Inappropriate lang
01-06-2009 Non-Vendor Advertising
Sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #111
BluS2k
Tri-State Addict

Member #4973

My Ride:
02' Honda S2000

well if its actually 13.49 for verts then i am not going because i know even with a conservative launch i will be faster then that. i have a helmet that i used when i went to atco a few times three years ago.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #112
91aser
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #8693

[QUOTE=BluS2k;1045653]no my bottem end is not built, but is pretty stout from the factory. i have a 3mm headgasket installed which lowers the compression from 11:1 to roughly 9:1. its basically a factory engine with the gasket. there are many many people with the same basic setup i have that are pushing over 500whp on pump, and several others with plenty more. there is even one pushing over 600whp on a completely untouched engine, meaning he is still running the factory 11:1 compression. its all in the tune really.[/QUOTE

cool, yea i was gonna ask how can you push that kinda boost with 11.0/1 compression.
91aser is offline   Reply With Quote