TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #21
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
I dont think it was the twin charged one otherwise sorry but the SRT4 unless you had some mods and whatnot it would of taken longer to catch. That twincharged was just fukin sick. I dont know if dude still has it. Also the Redline was a sleeper. I can't tell you how any stupid ass civics with exhaust and maybe intake and N/A Eclipses(couple friends) that laughed when I would pull up at the light. Always asked, why you put a body kit on a saturn. My answer always "so I can be cool like you (insert car name)" they laugh rev call me a slow saturn and then lights green I'm out, wind out every gear till I was a good 5 lengths and then slow up. I bet about 60% of the people I would beat wouldn't even look back over, specially wit there gurlz in the car. yall underestimate the power those little buggers can hold. I am hoping once I have a good job again and what not to get a Saturn Sky Red Line and boost the hell out of it, now thats gonna be a fun car, RWD baby

New DJ community being built,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #22
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBulletTSi View Post
I dont think it was the twin charged one otherwise sorry but the SRT4 unless you had some mods and whatnot it would of taken longer to catch. That twincharged was just fukin sick. I dont know if dude still has it. Also the Redline was a sleeper. I can't tell you how any stupid ass civics with exhaust and maybe intake and N/A Eclipses(couple friends) that laughed when I would pull up at the light. Always asked, why you put a body kit on a saturn. My answer always "so I can be cool like you (insert car name)" they laugh rev call me a slow saturn and then lights green I'm out, wind out every gear till I was a good 5 lengths and then slow up. I bet about 60% of the people I would beat wouldn't even look back over, specially wit there gurlz in the car. yall underestimate the power those little buggers can hold. I am hoping once I have a good job again and what not to get a Saturn Sky Red Line and boost the hell out of it, now thats gonna be a fun car, RWD baby

Not sure if its it or not! My best is a 13.1! So maybe that will help!
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
2drStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #23
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
i belive the term is viper with a diaper, right 4d?

you're the one that was giving me a hard time about stalling out on that fall run wern't you lmao. i was learning to drive a stick still and needed like 3 car lenghts behind me to roll back on a hill before i went forward

Yea that was me! So how are doing now with stick? Any better?
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #24
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

I'm a tech for saturn so I get to drive redlines every once in a while. Anyway I drove one like 2 months ago with the stage 1 pulley upgrade and ecu relearn and that thing was impressive. 1st gear was useless and 2nd gear spun half way through. I had fun driving that car. But I think I would rather the cobalt over the redline.
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #25
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

Yeah i couldnt drive in a Redline either...i think the fact that its a saturn...does that for me.

As per the comment of the redline being sexier than the cobalt ss i think thats false. The SS is definitely a better looking car
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #26
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:

well it def had something done to it, cause the ss/sc cobalt wasnt even close stock to stock to me!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #27
iso
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1566

Quote:
Wrong the Saturn ION is LIGHTER then the cobalt SS, Plus it looks way sexier to .
there is much debate to this, did you ever weight your redline at the track? my ss/sc weighs 2892 lbs with half tank of gas, spare tire and jack, a trunk full of **** in and me out.

the redline has plastic body panels but the cobalt uses more aluminum in the frame/suspension where the redline has steel. overall i believe they are within a closer margin than most think.

<<<< PINK DRIVEWAY'S FTW!!!
iso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #28
iso
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drstunner View Post
Not sure if its it or not! My best is a 13.1! So maybe that will help!
stock redlines/ss cobalts are capable of low 14 second passes. gm stage 2 will get a high 13. but intense racing makes kits that range from 3.0 inch blower pullies and 42.5 lb/hr injectors to 2.5 inch pulley and 60 lb/hr injectors (good for mid to high 12's on DR's) with other supporting mods. that guy was probly running a 2.8 pulley and 42.5's and some suspension mod to eliminate our awful wheel hop and traction issues (traction bars or etd).

sounds like a good run, congrats on the kill even though i'm biased towards the redline

Old 12-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #29
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iso View Post
stock redlines/ss cobalts are capable of low 14 second passes. gm stage 2 will get a high 13. but intense racing makes kits that range from 3.0 inch blower pullies and 42.5 lb/hr injectors to 2.5 inch pulley and 60 lb/hr injectors (good for mid to high 12's on DR's) with other supporting mods. that guy was probly running a 2.8 pulley and 42.5's and some suspension mod to eliminate our awful wheel hop and traction issues (traction bars or etd).

sounds like a good run, congrats on the kill even though i'm biased towards the redline
Thanks! Yea whatever it was it was damn fast! Like said earlier im a low 13 or high 12 car depending on traction! And he was trying like hell to win!

i think i told you before but again I like your car debadged looks clean as hell!
Old 12-11-2006, 01:13 AM   #30
SilverBulletRL
Tri-State Addict

Member #223

Send a message via AIM to SilverBulletRL
I miss my red line
Old 12-11-2006, 03:17 AM   #31
iso
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drstunner View Post
Thanks! Yea whatever it was it was damn fast! Like said earlier im a low 13 or high 12 car depending on traction! And he was trying like hell to win!

i think i told you before but again I like your car debadged looks clean as hell!
yeah, this is the first non cobalt related forum i've been on and i get pretty bored at work, so i've learned alot about these cars. now if only i could get mine to work right i'd be fine, lol.

and i def love the comm. look of your srt-4. the white with blue stripes is fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletRL View Post
I miss my red line
i've seen a lot of people get rid of these cars, and then say that. that's why i'm afraid to get rid of mine. i've had some problems with it and have considered multiple times taking the hit on trading it in for a wrx or something, but i haven't been able to bring myself to do it. i guess deep down i really do like this car a lot.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #32
JSeoul
Tri-State Addict

Member #2712

My Ride:
2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Send a message via AIM to JSeoul Send a message via MSN to JSeoul
Redlines are sweet. Good kill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

BBMessenger PIN: 24A39C04
JSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #33
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

My Wife has a Redline with a few upgrades on it, and it's a neat car to drive. I've definatley shocked a few people when they hear the supercharger wind up.

Yesterday I was lined up with a Turbo Trans Am, and he was very surprised when I started to drive away from him.

Car is running 17psi with a full ECU re-tune complete with 7k rev limit.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #34
OptiCon
Tri-State Addict

Member #768

They are stout little cars, but the added parasitic drag of a supercharger on car that has such a handicap making power to start with? That's just against my religion.

I have yet to run one of these cars, but i'm anxious to.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #35
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
My Wife has a Redline with a few upgrades on it, and it's a neat car to drive. I've definatley shocked a few people when they hear the supercharger wind up.

Yesterday I was lined up with a Turbo Trans Am, and he was very surprised when I started to drive away from him.

Car is running 17psi with a full ECU re-tune complete with 7k rev limit.
I was surprised myself that a Saturn was that quick. He was behind me for a little while on the Crab run that Craig put together. You can hear that S/C from a block away!

Dumb ass for not changing my password.

I lied about everything. All of it. I owned some great cars because my ex wife dedicated her life to me. I treated her like total sh**, because my d**k was more important than she was! She divorced me.

I am into drugs and Motorcycles, guns and my bff Brandon and girls that look just like my mother. Pronouns: they, them. hyper-sexual narcissist.

markley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:46 AM   #36
Focusst13
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #2331

My Ride:
2005 Ford Focus ST

Send a message via AIM to Focusst13
nice kill.
Focusst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #37
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

Send a message via ICQ to Twinz
Quote:
Wrong the Saturn ION is LIGHTER then the cobalt SS, Plus it looks way sexier to .
most of the body is f'ing plastic...my friend has one we used to call him tupperware. They're pretty decent tho...deff dont expect it from a saturn
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #38
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
I still have no idea why any of you would bother with that torque steer! Holy christ!

On the other hand, Redlines look better, but their interior. WTF is up with that, mates?

And I wouldn't touch a Cobalt b/c it reminds me of a Cavalier. Oi. lol.. jk

Nice recovery..had a similar incident with a Mustang GT a few weeks ago.

ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #39
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
The Cobalt is so bulky lookin in my opinion. LIke a fat kid with his face stuffed. The redline was so much more sleeker. Also You were saying about the interior of the redline.....what about it? I loved having the gauges and everything in the middle. I miss that a lot actually because when I drive I usually have my left hand at the top of the steering wheel when I drive and can never see the gauges or anything and it bothers me. Sitting in that thing it was easy to see out the corner of my eye everything that was going on at the time.

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #40
Lux
Tri-State Addict

Member #1290

My Ride:
03' Chrysler PT Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux
meh its still a neon.
Yeah, that's pretty new...happened the other day. Wedding's next week...you weren't invited?
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote