TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #41
Blink_GSX
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #20110

My Ride:
98 mitsubishi eclipse gsx

the guy that live's around the corner from me is always buying up honda parts. about 2 years ago, he came outside one morning to find his teg striped down and up on blocks. then about a week later he bought back his own wheels lol. he told me that he reported it right away and they eventually they caught the guy.. but i'll defiantly tell him to keep an eye out for this
Blink_GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #42
theantirotor

Member #20347

My Ride:
90 mazda rx7 ls1/t56

theres a honda chop shop on rt 130 in camden pennsauken area they stole my buddies car and when he got the shell back he went there and they tried to sell him his parts back. not sure of the addy but i know it next to a purple stereo shop between betsy ross and ben franklin bridge. i talk to him and try to find out the exact location. sorry for your loss someone once kicked in the back door of my house to steal a built turbo b18.
90 rx7 gxl ls1 t56, granny's deluxe kit, ls6 intake, bbk 80mm tb, cold air intake, ceramic coated long tube headers, dual 2.5 with x pipe magnaflows, msd plug wires, 00 mustang gt wheel w/ 275/40r17 nitto 555r, t2 rear swap delrin diff and subframe mounts welded front diff mount, custom diff brace, diamond stage 2 clutch w/ 15lb billet flywheel, full sport comp instruments, tuned by race proven motorsports in claymont de
theantirotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #43
JankyS13
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #15373

My Ride:
91.S13.KA-T

Not trying to take this thread off track, but if people know about these "chopshops" how come no on has reported them to police? Being a enthusiast, Nothing pisses me off more than some low life POS car thief. Like they piss me off more than asshats that tailgate.
JankyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #44
lepichichi
Tri-State Addict

Member #15232

My Ride:
RotAry :)

^^ +1

Freaking thieves, they make me sick.!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lepichichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #45
pos1g

Member #16920

My Ride:
1992 Eclipse Gsx

i highly dubt wilsons shop has your car. considering hes been on vaction all month. i would check trenton/morrisville area they find alot of car on philadelphia ave inmorrsvle becaueitsright off rt1 also check linden n torredale we ound my buddys teg backed up against a fence..or honda-tech.com
pos1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #46
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Send a message via AIM to Spawne32
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantirotor View Post
theres a honda chop shop on rt 130 in camden pennsauken area they stole my buddies car and when he got the shell back he went there and they tried to sell him his parts back. not sure of the addy but i know it next to a purple stereo shop between betsy ross and ben franklin bridge. i talk to him and try to find out the exact location. sorry for your loss someone once kicked in the back door of my house to steal a built turbo b18.
cops werent notified or anything?
Spawne32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #47
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by JankyS13 View Post
Not trying to take this thread off track, but if people know about these "chopshops" how come no on has reported them to police? Being a enthusiast, Nothing pisses me off more than some low life POS car thief. Like they piss me off more than asshats that tailgate.
I ask this question all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pos1g View Post
i highly dubt wilsons shop has your car. considering hes been on vaction all month. i would check trenton/morrisville area they find alot of car on philadelphia ave inmorrsvle becaueitsright off rt1 also check linden n torredale we ound my buddys teg backed up against a fence..or honda-tech.com
All the more reason some shady employees might be using it for illegal activites. Just a thought....
SiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #48
PunkboySL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7050

My Ride:
Saturns> 94' SW2, 94' SC2

Send a message via AIM to PunkboySL2
sounds like it's time for some justice

96 Saturn SL2m - built, then wrecked [RIP]
PunkboySL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #49
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by theantirotor View Post
I wouldn't doubt that one bit. A lot of cars turn up in Camden.
SiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #50
Diablo2424
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1423

My Ride:
16 Jetta GLI

Send a message via AIM to Diablo2424
That sucks man, one more reason I'm not a fan of Philly, or owning a Honda as they have the highest steal rate... I hope you find it in either good condition or at least decent condition.

Why don't people report these shops? They need to be shut down, fined and jailed, such scumbags!! I don't understand how you could just steal someone else's car, esp. when it's clear how much hard earned money, time and work they put into it...
Diablo2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #51
Rado_VR6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #17048

My Ride:
.:R32 #3006

If Hondas keep getting stolen, why don't the owners invest in LoJack, or even better, big boy cars.
Rado_VR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #52
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Big boy car? an 06 s2000 would own your S4
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #53
Rado_VR6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #17048

My Ride:
.:R32 #3006

Wouldn't know, never raced one with this. I did with my SRT and wasn't impressed. But in his defense I was running an S360 at the time. Personally I'd never spend over 4 grand on a Honda. 30k on an S2000, no thank you. Give me an Evo all day or an E46 M3. Not saying they aren't great cars, but let's be real, there are better equipped cars out there. The new SI's are a complete joke, look at them! We all know the ONLY reason Hondas are ridiculous track monsters, is because they're extremely light. Doesn't take much to move a 2000 pound car. Argue with me if you like, but it's the truth.

To each their own though, and it's sad to see that so many of these are stolen. No one wants a fellow enthusiast to go through that type of hardship, but there's a reason why thieves target them. They're a dime a dozen, uber cheap, and uber simple.
Rado_VR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #54
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
lojack has blackout spots around philly.. if the thieves get the car, I bet they go to those spots.

lojack is also $1k....

you can get a GOOD alarm for $200.... but no, people buy wheels, or seats, or get their car tinted first. There's even CHEAPER ways to protect your car.

and even worse, people cant grasp the concept of security layers. killswitches, passive ignition disablement, active alarms, steering wheel locks, etc... its pretty simple to protect your car.

its ****ing stupid.... ugh i better get out of here before I rant.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 04-22-2011 at 03:13 PM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #55
fitftw
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15351

My Ride:
96 Miata 2,040lbs full tank, hardtop, half-cage

^ you really think alarms do ****? If a thief wants your car, they'll take it. Best thing you can do is hope they don't have a tow truck. Buy a steering wheel, NRG hub lock. Nobody can ever drive your car away, but they can still tow the damn thing. Alarms won't stop ANYBODY except small-time radio-stealers. A good thief won't even let your alarm go off.

fitftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #56
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I disagree... but this isnt the thread for a debate about it... nor do I feel like arguing a beaten to death subject. if you have an alarm and the thieves can put your car on a tow truck, then you have the wrong alarm or it is installed VERY poorly. I am not saying an alarm is the jesus of your car not getting stolen, but saying it wont stop "ANYBODY" is ridiculous.

and ok, "the car doesn't have to move to get stripped".... true, but again, if the thieves can strip your car with not a peep from your alarm... I stand by my above comment.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 04-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #57
fitftw
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15351

My Ride:

locking lug nuts help. Removing the steering wheel and radio at night helps. Relocating the battery to the trunk and only have the trunk accessible by key helps. Only thing you'll then have to worry about is what's under your hood.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #58
cfyella
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16627

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe

Why not get an alarm with proximity sensors? That way, if they even get near your car, it'll go off. Doesn't matter if the theives decide to tow or drive it away, it'll still go off before they can even touch the car.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #59
BlkWhtTSI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7329

My Ride:
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, '701/2 Camaro RS, '85 Mustang GT

Send a message via AIM to BlkWhtTSI
Batmobile cocoon... /thread
Quote:
Get some signatures in so you can post pics of your car.
BlkWhtTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #60
fitftw
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15351

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfyella View Post
Why not get an alarm with proximity sensors? That way, if they even get near your car, it'll go off. Doesn't matter if the theives decide to tow or drive it away, it'll still go off before they can even touch the car.
if you park in a parking lot and not a garage, it'll go off during the night randomly when cars and people go by and annoy everybody. Not a good idea.