TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #41
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
hope you find your car. my friends 240sx was stolen one day. lol a few days later he found it by the train tracks with just the radio stolen. the reason they left is because he knew his tranny was going bad so he drained the fluid and when they stole it the tranny blew XD. now he has a viper alarm.
No tranny fluid in my car either, I was getting ready to pull the trans. The fact that they broke into my daily driver to move it just to gain access to the Si makes me believe they were pro's and would have towed the car. After all that I can't imagine they would just dump it due to a trans going bad.

I understand the security issues and my next car will be secured somehow (also parked in a garage), but a tracking device is what I'm looking for. I want to find the theives, not just stop them from getting my car.

I'll update if I hear anything.
SiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #42
icedout
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1105

My Ride:
Supra

my buddy at work told me about this. Said u were in philly that night. possible that someone followed you home?
icedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #43
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

I wasn't in Philly that Tuesday night, it was the Saturday night before. The Si hasn't been out of my area (10 mile radius) for years. The only place it goes is local streets with me in it or races tracks with me in it. I went to Englishtown once and Maplegrove twice this year. All three times I was there racing, so the car was never left alone. My last trip out of the area was Maplegrove in June.

Nobody follows me home, I know better. Plus I always make at least one stop before going to my house. I also ALWAYS drive my stock 95 Civic to Philly and nobody would have any reason to follow me in that. There is no private info (name, address, phone # etc..) given out on honda message boards so IDK how the car or location would be known by anyone.

If the theives have a way of running a plate number anyone can write it down at the track and look me up later. I guess I am saying the car hasn't been exposed to people outside this area since Mid June (3-3.5 months), so I am starting to think it was a local who may have friends outside the immediate area.

I'm open to any thoughts or suggestions. Keeping this at the top for a few more days can't hurt.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #44
gotvtec?
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16013

My Ride:
2012 AUDI S4 3.0T 6SPD

Last Saturday night hmm... Pr parade weekend and u were visiting the meadows?
Sounds like your on track to blow motor #2 already.
gotvtec? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #45
b16-crx
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3264

My Ride:
02 Civic SI ( *EP3 )

Send a message via AIM to b16-crx
sorry man, but ill keep my eyes peeled. My friend had his civic (stock other than slammed on ebay coils) stolen twice and got it back!
b16-crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #46
oneday
Tri-State Addict

Member #5367

My Ride:
E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiMike View Post
Nobody follows me home, I know better. Plus I always make at least one stop before going to my house. I also ALWAYS drive my stock 95 Civic to Philly and nobody would have any reason to follow me in that. There is no private info (name, address, phone # etc..) given out on honda message boards so IDK how the car or location would be known by anyone.
I can't imagine being that paranoid, careful or suspicious about anything, let alone driving _any_ car. While I am sorry you had your car stolen (and I hope the thieves get caught and/or die a painful death) I find it almost comical that someone with a 10+ year old Civic goes to such lengths when they drive their car.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #47
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

It is not out of paranoia, it's the fact that I always go to the city with someone. If I drive I have to drop them off first, so I never go directly home. Not to mention once your back in town late at night it is easy to notice a car following you, even if you're not looking for it.

Age has nothing to do with it. 20 year old Civics/Integras are stolen everyday. EM1's, Type-R's, new Si coupes or sedans and RSX's are stolen even more so. The K-series motor is what everyone wants now.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #48
3rdGenMr2Girl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9924

My Ride:
1993 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to 3rdGenMr2Girl
stripped in philly or reading by now
)
3rdGenMr2Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #49
gotvtec?
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16013

My Ride:
2012 AUDI S4 3.0T 6SPD

Cant forget somewhere in nj
Sounds like your on track to blow motor #2 already.
gotvtec? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #50
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

There are too many dump spots to look myself. I'm sure the police would locate a stripped shell before I would. Plus I think most thieves have a connection with a scrap yard. Otherwise the streets would be littered with shells.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #51
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Quote:
There are too many dump spots to look myself. I'm sure the police would locate a stripped shell before I would. Plus I think most thieves have a connection with a scrap yard. Otherwise the streets would be littered with shells.
It's not the streets where they dump 'em, it's the woods. Being an off-roader for 10+ years, I've seen hundreds of abandoned and burnt out shells of cars, boats, SUV's, etc.
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #52
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpecV03 View Post
i really hope this car is found, i used to see this car around hatfeild area all the time. totally awesome car. i really hope you find it, and i hope more they catch the people who took it.
Thanks
Old 10-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #53
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday View Post
I can't imagine being that paranoid, careful or suspicious about anything, let alone driving _any_ car. While I am sorry you had your car stolen (and I hope the thieves get caught and/or die a painful death) I find it almost comical that someone with a 10+ year old Civic goes to such lengths when they drive their car.
If you had a passion for a certain kind of car would you keep building it no matter what? And if you did build it, would you do what ever you needed to do to protect it from all the ****ty people out there? Of course you would.

It sucks for us Honda guys, but do what you need to do to protect your ****. That's about all you really can do.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #54
AxelaChic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14676

My Ride:
'07 MazdaSpeed3

Send a message via AIM to AxelaChic
I just read this whole thread. I'm sorry to hear what happened. People these days are complete ass holes. Hopefully the car turns up somewhere!
AxelaChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #55
06slow6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16493

My Ride:
is slow

another security measure, get a camera and mount it somewhere high to a tv with a vcr, my house is like a military base with all the cameras i have, all color, and all have night vision they're pricey but worth their weight in gold IMO, the ones out front show my car and my moms, my garage and my front door plus the ones i have in the back...
06slow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #56
cupofnoodles
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14330

My Ride:
is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06slow6 View Post
another security measure, get a camera and mount it somewhere high to a tv with a vcr, my house is like a military base with all the cameras i have, all color, and all have night vision they're pricey but worth their weight in gold IMO, the ones out front show my car and my moms, my garage and my front door plus the ones i have in the back...
about to give you a call my friend hahah
cupofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #57
06slow6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16493

My Ride:
is slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupofnoodles View Post
about to give you a call my friend hahah
big PITA climbing up and down the ladder with a camera and all the tools and then running all the wires but its 100% worth it, i have two dirtbikes occasionaly my race trailer is here too, which after the failed attempt at stealing that made me decide that people know what i have so im gonna do everything i can to protect it, then the mustang, and my moms car so we have alarms in the house, including the garage and all cars have factory alarms, and the mustang has lojack. in the morning ill get the name of the cameras i have for you if your interested
Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #58
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

It's stupid what you have to do to protect yourself these days. This makes me feel like changing careers and becoming a detective. I would love to put people like this behind bars for a living. I'm sure our some what crappy system would then piss me off at how easy they get out or how little punishment they actually receive.

Thanks for keeping this up. I'm sure the car is long gone, but this thread might be an eye opener for some considering the car was stolen from a residential area in Telford. It truely is amazing how quietly it was done and the lengths they went to get it. Three of my surrounding neighbors have dogs (5 dogs between the 3) and none of them made a peep.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #59
06slow6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16493

My Ride:
is slow

Quote:
It's stupid what you have to do to protect yourself these days. This makes me feel like changing careers and becoming a detective. I would love to put people like this behind bars for a living. I'm sure our some what crappy system would then piss me off at how easy they get out or how little punishment they actually receive.

Thanks for keeping this up. I'm sure the car is long gone, but this thread might be an eye opener for some considering the car was stolen from a residential area in Telford. It truely is amazing how quietly it was done and the lengths they went to get it. Three of my surrounding neighbors have dogs (5 dogs between the 3) and none of them made a peep.
same here i live in a good neighborhood and someone tried to steal my trailer it 12,000+ worth of dirtbikes and gear the night before one of my races, if it wasnt for thier loud diesel and inability to hook a trailer up, it would be long gone
Old 10-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #60
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Eh, dogs in residential areas aren't very good watch dogs. They're too used to noises going on all day and all night to really care unless someone comes knocking on the door.

Sucks man, I feel for ya. Only way you can really keep a Honda now is to lock it away from view. You don't need to be followed anymore, someone just needs to drive past your house while you have it out and they'll be back to get it.

PS. When I go to the track, the plate comes off.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote