TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > (Past Vendors)
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
Verocious
Vendor

Member #3950

Go VF43 go.

Had a 07 STI in this morning for a tune. The car only had 7,000 miles on it but the clutch was already hurting. Bolt ons were SPT intake, 3in downpipe without a cat and a SPT cat back exhaust. Boost was set to 21psi. The dip in torque from 3200 to 4300 is the clutch slipping on the dyno. I had it up to 362 torque but the clutch was not happy. So I pulled a pound of boost at peak torque.

p: 302.472.8888 (local)
p: 877-VMS-1320 (toll free)
e:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Shop online at:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Troll's going to love this.

Figure with him being ewg, meth, plus fmic he should put down a good amount more power and torque.

The title should really say, Go Andy, Go!!!

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

the other run on the chart... is that untuned and modded? j/w

insane numbers... that car has to haul.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
Verocious
Vendor

Member #3950

The other graph is just the base line with no flash.

e:

Shop online at:

Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Send a message via AIM to Jeffros Spec V
Damn 07's are tq monters. Troll is going to make 400wtq.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
nice andy... looking forward to getting my crap finished up... waiting on some ceramic coating now then gotta get the alky installed... i think i've done everything i can do for the stock turbo though so we'll see what she can put out

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 09-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
Verocious
Vendor

Member #3950

I really think we might be able to see an honest 400wtq with the alky and EWG.

e:

Shop online at:

Old 09-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
If that's the case, then I want 500wtq.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

I'm looking into rolling with you for my tune.... I should be ready at some point next month. Got a VF-43, modded stock injectors, Tial 38MM EWG, Perrin Inlet hose, P&P & coated x-over pipe all going in next month. From there I plan to get it towed right to you!

Old 09-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #10
Verocious
Vendor

Member #3950

Sounds good to me. The 07's are awsome. They make great power.

e:

Shop online at:

Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 AM   #11
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

wait a sec, i just thought of something... is his clutch in good shape and cant hold the torque or is his clutch on the way out? i was thinking i should be good on the stock clutch but that would suuuuuck if i have to upgrade... 1) unexpected cost and 2) i just had the damn thing out!

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #12
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
wait a sec, i just thought of something... is his clutch in good shape and cant hold the torque or is his clutch on the way out? i was thinking i should be good on the stock clutch but that would suuuuuck if i have to upgrade... 1) unexpected cost and 2) i just had the damn thing out!
That would SUCK. Hopefully that dude beat the crap out of his clutch,.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #13
HuffRex
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #757

My Ride:
2004 WRX/2002 P/T Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to HuffRex
Troll that stock clutch is pretty beefy. I doubt you would need to upgrade unless you've been beating on it. Which I highly doubt!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #14
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffRex View Post
Troll that stock clutch is pretty beefy. I doubt you would need to upgrade unless you've been beating on it. Which I highly doubt!

Troll doesn't beat on his meat!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #15
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Unless they've changed the stock clutch on the 07's, you should be fine, Troll.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 09-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #16
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ok, which is what i was thinking all along, but just rereading this thread i was like 'wait a tick...'

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
ok, which is what i was thinking all along, but just rereading this thread i was like 'wait a tick...'
haha yeah me too.

i've been at 342wtq for over a year now and a handful of autox and drag passes...the stocker is doing great.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 09-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #18
Verocious
Vendor

Member #3950

Bryan

I would not worry about the clutch. The owner of the car was very rough on it. Alot of hard launchs from some one with little AWD experience.

e:

Shop online at: