TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #21
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Send a message via AIM to Turbo_CitrusEs
Yeah thats originally where I started out and learned a ton about the lancer. The car deff. has come a long way since I bought it!!!
But like a fat bitch that is going out with her fist pumping girlfriends, she's going to take a long drink from a bottle filled with denial and try to squeeze in a size 6 when she's really a 16 and act like she's the baddest bitch on the block. So believe what you want Jersey peeps. Cause when you leave your state and people ask you where you are from, we all know you want to lie cause secretly you are embarrassed by how much it sucks.
Turbo_CitrusEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #22
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
btw; evos are my favorite car and that was the reason behind me getting a lancer, but i still wouldn't have ever put an evo body kit, hood, or spoiler on it
i hear ya EVO's are still my favorite car thats why i orginally wanted to get a 03 Lancer OZ, becuase i knew i would never be able to afford one.. but times have changed..
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #23
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
It's cheating, I swear.
ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #24
UGotSchooledByaGirl
Tri-State Addict

Member #573

Send a message via AIM to UGotSchooledByaGirl
Quote:
it isn't the same chasis IIRC

you can never turn a lancer into an evo, you can make it fast, but never an evo. i've only seen 1 lancer that actually had an AWD conversion

btw that lancer is hot, i think I saw it on evom ?
You are correct.. To a point.You can if you want to do a hell of alot of work.But to just frop everything in and go, it wont happen. the RA can be made to be as fast as an Evo ( stock evo anyways) But you cant do the AWD conversion to it.I dont know about the 02/03's I never got into that one much.Got rid of the one i had and got out of the payments at the time.. few years later got an 04 Ralliart. that I KNOW you cant do the AWD donversion on without having to do alot of work to make room for a driveshaft tunnel and all.

Quote:
pshh screw you scoobys. Who wants to drive around in mud, snow, deep water etc.. GET STUCK IN WEATHER CONDITIONS LIKE THE REST OF US!
UGotSchooledByaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #25
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

I would much rather have a lancer and turbo it then get an EVO. you could save so much money and have a way better car, I mean, it FWD so there would be less drivetrain loss!

dont get me wrong EVO's are good cars and all, its just that I would rather take the time and money to build a car instead of just buying it.
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #26
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
you can still build the **** out of an evo, the evo has a lot of things better about it other than just the AWD and turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #27
UGotSchooledByaGirl
Tri-State Addict

Member #573

Quote:
you can still build the **** out of an evo, the evo has a lot of things better about it other than just the AWD and turbo
If your talking about Mivec, the RA has that too...the RA and Evo are similiar in many ways yet so very different.IMO the RA is the CLOSEST you will get to an Evo and STILL get the same amount of performance out of it. There are many parts for the RA as well.you can build the **** outta both.. jsut depends on how much you are willing to spend on the car and the parts.

Quote:
pshh screw you scoobys. Who wants to drive around in mud, snow, deep water etc.. GET STUCK IN WEATHER CONDITIONS LIKE THE REST OF US!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #28
upperguy
Tri-State Addict

Member #375

Send a message via AIM to upperguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysinboost View Post
I would much rather have a lancer and turbo it then get an EVO. you could save so much money and have a way better car, I mean, it FWD so there would be less drivetrain loss!

dont get me wrong EVO's are good cars and all, its just that I would rather take the time and money to build a car instead of just buying it.
hahaha, I'm sorry thats just wrong. I can think of so many things to say to this but I dont want to come off like a ~complete~ asshole. But its the same concept as saying, why buy a Porsche when you can build a civic to be alot faster?

Sure you may be able to look like and go as fast as a stock evo, but they you will have people like the OP ripping on you because you aren't. Now go ahead and say that you don't care what people think because it's your car and that's what is important.

Quote:
If you are a racist, I will attack you with the north.
upperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #29
UGotSchooledByaGirl
Tri-State Addict

Member #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperguy View Post
hahaha, I'm sorry thats just wrong. I can think of so many things to say to this but I dont want to come off like a ~complete~ asshole. But its the same concept as saying, why buy a Porsche when you can build a civic to be alot faster?

Sure you may be able to look like and go as fast as a stock evo, but they you will have people like the OP ripping on you because you aren't. Now go ahead and say that you don't care what people think because it's your car and that's what is important.
Why build a Evo when you can build a DSM for ALOT less and be faster?

I had to be a smart ass.. Its so true tho.Take 2 people with a balance of say 50k INCLUDING THE CAR in this limit.. Say one buys an evo and throws the remaining 14k in it and one buys a 1G dsm for say 3k and throws the remaining 47k in it.Who do you think is going to be faster? ITs all in how you spend your $$. Someone can make a 1g dsm run 11's for alot less than what it would take an evo to run that. ITs all in the price of parts.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #30
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

there is always going to be a car that you could have gotten cheaper and built to be faster, it just comes down to preference

and how the hell did this thread get so derailed

Old 12-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #31
UGotSchooledByaGirl
Tri-State Addict

Member #573

Dunno.. people knocking on lancers,umm people knocking on body kits and making things look like something they aren't,etc... thats how.

Back to the subject at hand.. the kid was an ass.not only an ass but he was riding bitch.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #32
04BlueSRT4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1543

My Ride:
Figure It Out

Send a message via AIM to 04BlueSRT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGotSchooledByaGirl View Post
Back to the subject at hand.. the kid was an ass.not only an ass but he was riding bitch.
its sooo true

04BlueSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #33
EIXVO
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #1395

My Ride:
2008 BMW 335i Twin Turbo

drew, do you have alot of spare time on your hands?
EIXVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #34
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT350 View Post
drew, do you have alot of spare time on your hands?
not at all, volunteer at a FD and ambulance core, work part time, go to school, spend my free time looking at stuff for my car or doing online con ed

Old 12-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #35
hatchRus
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2740

My Ride:
04 CBR 600 F4i

Nice Lancer Cnfx_TurboEs.
I used to have a yellow RA. I loved that car but we
had to part ways.
I called it the CheapMansEvo.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #36
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

My buddy has a yellow lancer ralliart that is kitted and boosted. Mind you I hate kits with a passion, but something about his doesnt bother me too much.
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #37
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperguy View Post
For some people, building a car is more fun then just buying one of equal speed (or handling ability) from a dealership.

-

"The Corvette took nearly 25 years to sell 500,000 units; the Z does it in fewer than 10."
cburwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #38
Talon5spd90
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #160

My Ride:
1992 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to Talon5spd90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnfx_TurboEs View Post
Some people are just a**holes sometimes nothing much you can do.....Every lancer person although does not have bad taste.......
wow, i havent seen that car in forever. came out nice.
Talon5spd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #39
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Send a message via AIM to Turbo_CitrusEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon5spd90 View Post
wow, i havent seen that car in forever. came out nice.

Thanks, Im getting it back again monday....Did a few more things to it. I decided it wasnt fast enough so I went with a bigger turbo, decompression head gasket, and arp head studs!!!!
But like a fat bitch that is going out with her fist pumping girlfriends, she's going to take a long drink from a bottle filled with denial and try to squeeze in a size 6 when she's really a 16 and act like she's the baddest bitch on the block. So believe what you want Jersey peeps. Cause when you leave your state and people ask you where you are from, we all know you want to lie cause secretly you are embarrassed by how much it sucks.
Turbo_CitrusEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #40
RAdriver
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2139

My Ride:
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Send a message via AIM to RAdriver
dude i thought this thread was about me lol i was gona say i never remember flippin anyone off at wawa... or bottoming out... or staring cars down... or haveing a bosy kit