TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Appl3
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8363

My Ride:
My 2 feet

Ranting about tint tickets

so i just got pulled over for my tints. i thought i had to be doing something wrong like speeding or something but he said it was just the tints. so i got a ticket 54$ and i dont have to go to court to prove that its off i just pay it he said. but is there a way to not pay the ticket? also this was stupid nj state trooper. i was arguing wit him back and forth after he gave me the ticket and he took my FOP card!
Appl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
ricky2i5
Tri-State Addict

Member #9510

My Ride:
11 outlander

Send a message via AIM to ricky2i5
54 bucks is pocket change, i got one on the turnpike for 109.50 3 weeks ago. how dark is ur tint?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
it doesnt make any sense? Why does she have a huuuuge boner and why is she scrubbing the floor with it?
ricky2i5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
92sileighty
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #6020

My Ride:
05 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appl3 View Post
so i just got pulled over for my tints. i thought i had to be doing something wrong like speeding or something but he said it was just the tints. so i got a ticket 54$ and i dont have to go to court to prove that its off i just pay it he said. but is there a way to not pay the ticket? also this was stupid nj state trooper. i was arguing wit him back and forth after he gave me the ticket and he took my FOP card!
dunno if they can take your fop card, not for something like tint. but if you got one before you can probably just get one again. why would you argue with a cop? it's common sense, accepting responsibility is the best thing you can do when it comes to a cop on the street. that's like your teacher giving you all the answers to the test, then you not studying them and fail. he pulled you over, so your gonna get something. why not try to make it as less as possible instead of trying to piss him off more. and its only 54 bucks, so you should feel lucky because he could have made you scrape the tint off right there. sounds to me like he was pretty cool and gave you a break. i've been in situations where cops would see my friends car with tint, literally pull an instant u-turn to pull us over, scream at him for having tint, give him all kinds of worthless tickets and on top of that make me drive his car home.
92sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

i drive by cops all the time in king of prussia and i don't have any issues... until i said that, now tomorrow i'm going to get ****ed with tickets lol
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
They can absolutely take your FOP card... and in PA the fine is roughly $100 per window thats tinted... I have 5 of them tinted personally so I don't see a reason for you to be mad that you have to pay $50 for a law you are knowingly breaking. Plus if I could, I'd make it illegal to call it "tints"... maybe thats what the fine is for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
Rush
Tri-State Addict

Member #2869

My Ride:
'05 G35 Coupe 6MT [om-nom]; '00 Protege [DD]; Former MSP Driver [RIP #1276]

$54? Really? You're complaining about $54?

I personally have never gotten a ticket for tint, but my boyfriend got one for his. He has 35% on his IS300 -- which is next to nothing, IMO -- and got pulled over and given a ticket. He paid the ticket but left the tint on. And **** if the SAME cop didn't pull him over six months later, REMEMBER him, and slap him with a new $700 ticket!

So really, don't bitch about $54. You tint your car, you run the risk of being nailed for it. Plain and simple. Pay it and go on with life.

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
92sileighty
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #6020

My Ride:
05 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
They can absolutely take your FOP card... and in PA the fine is roughly $100 per window thats tinted... I have 5 of them tinted personally so I don't see a reason for you to be mad that you have to pay $50 for a law you are knowingly breaking. Plus if I could, I'd make it illegal to call it "tints"... maybe thats what the fine is for
well yea they can take it, but for tint? really?

come on now, there should be no reason your fop card as taken for a $54 tint ticket unless you were being a real big ......... (this is where creativity goes)
Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Well I think its safe to say that the cop took the FOP card for arguing with him... not for the tint.

"i was arguing wit him back and forth after he gave me the ticket and he took my FOP card! "

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
92sileighty
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #6020

My Ride:
05 S2000

Quote:
Well I think its safe to say that the cop took the FOP card for arguing with him... not for the tint.

"i was arguing wit him back and forth after he gave me the ticket and he took my FOP card! "
like he was surprised or something lol
Old 09-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #10
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
i like how people think they can bribe their way out with a stupid card. it only really works if you were/are actually a cop, that associate member card is a joke.
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

if you really want to waste a day to go and fight this over a $54.00 ticket than yes, you can get out of paying it. go to court and request that the meter be present at the time of your hearing that was used to see how dark your tint is. also the latest calibration records for said meter. if they cant produce these items than you should get off.

but really....$54?? you'll lose more than that takin off work. moral of the story here is, if you want the "tints" than dont complain if you get the "tickets".
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
you'll pay and not go, but get pulled over and ticketed over and over again and keep paying and paying.

a legal, legit way to get around tint is if you're like me and have vision problems. my eye doctor gave me a waiver that states bright light is harmful to my eyes, therefore making tint actually beneficial to my vision.

i've had friends get them from their eye doctors without even actually needing them.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #13
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

is there a specific reason tint is illegal? is it seeing in, or seeing out that is the issue?

seeing in i can understand... an officer should know what is coming. seeing out... i don't get it... i got my 30% on the stang and i really really thought it was going to be darker looking out from the inside. I have no issues in any sort of light. in fact, i think it is a benefit at night on the road because i get waaay less glare on the rear glass from other lights. i can see outline of cars instead of that... light flare i guess you could call it... from the headlights.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
jen.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7345

My Ride:
'07 si coupe!

Send a message via AIM to jen.
Quote:
Plus if I could, I'd make it illegal to call it "tints"... maybe thats what the fine is for
Haahahahahahaha. My first thoughts, as well!
jen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #15
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
is there a specific reason tint is illegal? is it seeing in, or seeing out that is the issue?

seeing in i can understand... an officer should know what is coming. seeing out... i don't get it... i got my 30% on the stang and i really really thought it was going to be darker looking out from the inside. I have no issues in any sort of light. in fact, i think it is a benefit at night on the road because i get waaay less glare on the rear glass from other lights. i can see outline of cars instead of that... light flare i guess you could call it... from the headlights.
Seeing in is the issue. Police officers have to be able to see you through your front windows with out any difficulty.

Also a 50 dollar ticket for tint is nothing... You would be stupid not to just pay it and walk away.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #16
Appl3
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8363

My Ride:
My 2 feet

he took my fop card before i argued wit him and the reason i was arguing with him was because he was being so disrespectful to me when he walked up to my car and i asked what i do wrong and he just started screaming saying hand over your license and reg,ins. and i just wanted to know what i did wrong before i handed it over and hten he saw my fop card in my wallet and asked for it and took it. so after that when he gave me the ticket and my stuff back my fop card wasnt there and thats when i started arguing about how disrespectful he is this and that
Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
Appl3
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8363

My Ride:
My 2 feet

btw i have 15%
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #18
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

Where do you live?

If you're in NJ then expect many many more. 15% is just asking for it. 35% is conservative, but I had 35% on my Civic and cops pulled me over once a month. When I put tint on the Evo I kept the front legal. It looks perfectly fine to me.

I do, however, get pulled over once a month for no front license plate. $54 a month. I could easily drill holes and show the cop at court that I put it on and the ticket would be dropped, but it's my choice to keep it as is. You have to pay to play.
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #19
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

You have dark ass windows. Deal with it.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #20
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

Send a message via AIM to sherwood
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Quote:
But I am sure the exhaust is angled for back pressure to have a faster spool-up for larger size turbochargers @ low RPM
sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote