TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

JET02WRX's WRX Mafia Wagon - Post #60 -Whats in store in 2008

**A little history**
----PICTURES LATER IN THREAD AT POSTS: 17, 22----
In the summer of 2004 I finally decided I couldn't take driving my 'beater' anymore. That beater.... a 1986 Pontiac Grand Am... I know... awesome right? Its ok to hide your jealousy...
Believe it or not it served me well. Was my first car purchased in 1991, wrecked and revived 3 times, and when retired, clocked 150,000. Not bad for a mid 80's GM car. My 'baby' in 2003 was my 2001 WS6 Trans Am. The WS6 was cammed w/headers and other typical bolt ons. It made 365whp/426tq. It was the fastest car I had ever owned...and I had love hate relationship with it... GOD did it rattle....Anyways.. to replace the Grand Am as a DD...I wanted something that was reliable, had a little bit of power, could haul a decent amount of cargo, was on the small side, and AWD. What other choice did I have but Subaru? After looking I found a Black 02 Wagon up at Welsh Subaru. It was auto, which I wanted because I find stick annoying around here with 63,432 stop signs and stop lights. So I bought it and was happy. Well things change. In bringing our first child into the world, we had a few bumps along the way, so I sold the WS6 in the summer of 05. Now I was left with my beloved daily driver, but no "go fast" car. Knowing I couldn't afford a new "go fast toy" right now, I looked at the Wagon and thought... I'll do the next best thing... Sleeper. Soooo as I find my self with the extra cash, I'll put some into the wagon.

I'm happy to say all modifications thus far have been done by me, not a shop. I think it gives a better feeling of satisfaction to turn my own wrenches, rather than just pick out stuff and have someone else put it on. Anyone can pick out parts online and pay someone to install them. Wheres the skill in that?

As of Sept 07....
Deadbolt 16g Turbo - Monster ported / coated
Protune - tuned by Andy @ Verocious
Prodrive Boost Control Solenoid
JDM STI Hood Scoop
JDM STI TMIC
APS splitter
Perrin Turbo Inlet
Perrin Afta-maf hose
Walbro pump
Modified stock injectors
Innovate LC-1 Wideband
APS Uppipe
Maddad ver2 Catted Full Length Downpipe - w/divorced wastegate
Maddad Flex Intermediate pipe
Prodrive Axle-Back
17" Rota Tarmac II's on Falken 225/45/17's
Prodrive Springs
Whiteline rear strut bar
Autometer oem style gauge bezel
Omori EGT gauge
Omori Boost gauge
Innovate DB AFR gauge
Roof Rail Delete
GTSpec Grille
GTSpec Mesh Foglight Covers
Carbon Fiber Sidemarkers
Perrin Radiator Hoses
Samco Intercooler Hoses
Samco Ancillary Hoses
Tein Hood Dampers
SPT Heatsheild
Forester din pocket w/flip cover

Now to back track a bit....

8-5-05
Had the wagon dyno tuned at Xotic. All it had was the Accessport stage 1 flash. No other mods yet at this point. It put down 184awhp. Not bad for the 2.0 with a slushbox. It left me optimistic for the future additions to the car.

8-8-06
First large upgrades... Maddad steathback, boost & egt gauges.

10-1-06
I purchased the Street Tuner software to allow custom tuning and data logging to the car. I hope to have Andy at Xotic do a custom tune for me shortly. Coming soon will be a brake rotor, stainless lines, and pad upgrade, along with deleting the roof rails. I plan to drive on that till it gets old...then move to either a FP16G or a VF29 with all the supporting mods. I will most likely stop there. My current goal for the car is unlike most people. In the end...its still my daily driver, so I'm not all that interested in peak HP... I'm interested in usable midrange power. I want the wagon to be a car that might catch you with your pants down and surprise you off the line, but not necessarily beat you to the finish...I gotta keep that DD reliability.

3-27-07
Mod update - Post #4

4-17-07
Update - Stage 2 dyno tune - Post #11

5-14-07
Mod update & Pictures!!- Post #17

6-17-07
Mod update - Post #22

7-17-07
Big News - Post #26

9-3-07
Install - Post #41

9-17-07
Dyno Tune - Post #55, Chart Post #57

3-23-08
My "hope to do" list for 08

Last edited by JET02WRX; 07-26-2008 at 12:29 AM.
JET02WRX is offline   Reply With Quote