TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > European > Audi / Volkswagen Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #81
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
well what? i'm supposed to go look at that gti on friday, thats all i've got on my plate right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #82
Broken5hift
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #397

My Ride:
08 Scion Xb & 06 TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
well what? i'm supposed to go look at that gti on friday, thats all i've got on my plate right now.
what about the bmw
Broken5hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #83
Broken5hift
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #397

My Ride:
08 Scion Xb & 06 TSX

btw brian did i ever mention you look like the drummer for alien ant farm?

Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #84
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

too bad no hot 18 year old girls have never confused me for him.

and there is no BMW... i said if i found one i'd be interested.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 06-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #85
Broken5hift
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #397

My Ride:
08 Scion Xb & 06 TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
too bad no hot 18 year old girls have never confused me for him.

and there is no BMW... i said if i found one i'd be interested.
well then stop wasting your time on here and find one

then find me one
Old 06-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #86
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
im excited to see where this goes, i wish i could afford an old gti now, i put 5k miles on my car in 2 months
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #87
naDintheHat
Tri-State Addict

Member #2360

My Ride:
94 GTI - Br0ke, 98 GTI - Stock..

Send a message via AIM to naDintheHat
Quote:
Originally Posted by den9 View Post
im excited to see where this goes, i wish i could afford an old gti now, i put 5k miles on my car in 2 months
But you do it with style and crazy gas mileage.

Keep us posted Brian, once you drive it, i am sure you will either love it or hate it.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #88
1_badimport
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5224

My Ride:
1987 mazda rx7 /sbc

i sold my 92 gti with a fresh motor ,tranny with a diff ,lowered ,fresh paint ,head ported ,cam ,techtonics 1 3/4" jet hot coated race header ,and an nx nos system ..2.0 8v with forged pistons ,sct rods for $6500 last year ..
the 2.0 8v motors are indistructable and hold well to boost ..i went 11.4 for a few years on junkyard high milage motors ...
heres what i sold look to spend around 4 -6 k for a nice mk2..ive had 5 turbo vw and 9 all together 2 were nos the gti listed below went high 12,s

like you said before look for rot ..and check for smoothness in the tranny they are vw weakest point ..ive seen a few electrical problems but most were due to seals that started leaking and werent taken car of in a timely fashon and the water in the car lead to problems ..also no other cars handles qite like an mk2 gti ..i had a 95 integra back in the day but it was a not so close second ..

Last edited by 1_badimport; 06-30-2007 at 11:04 AM.
1_badimport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #89
naDintheHat
Tri-State Addict

Member #2360

My Ride:
94 GTI - Br0ke, 98 GTI - Stock..

Send a message via AIM to naDintheHat
I think i might have just crapped myself. That GTI was clean.
Bumping to see how troll liked it.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #90
92dxman
Tri-State Addict

Member #470

My Ride:
10 Mazda 5.

A friend of mine has an 85 Gti 8v as a rallycar and has a couple others he is going to turn into street cars. He knows quite a bit about mk2's in general. I can shoot you his email if you want it. An 8v is def the way to go for a daily driver as has already been said before. I've rode in 8v's before and they had plenty of go for driving around town. My dad had an 87 Golf Gt (4 door Gti basically) and it's a shame that car was gone before I could get it as a hand me down.
92dxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:46 AM   #91
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

love that gti 1badimport... i've got rpf-1s on my wrx

i'm still talking to the guy with the 1991 16v that i posted photos of earlier... going to try to check it out this week. he's desperate to sell and price has been dropping, so it really depends how bad the paint turns out to be. i'd prefer an 8v but i dont think i can lose either way.

|

Quote:

|
Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 AM   #92
95s10
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #2687

My Ride:
1995 S10

my roomate, will sell his 97 gti, 103k miles, he is a mechanic at colonial vw, its a vr6, lowered, magnaflow catback, cams, chip, black leather, tint, thing is very clean!
95s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #93
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

no thanks... wrong bodystyle, wrong engine, too many mods. thanks though...

i'm going to look at the black 91 gti i posted info about tomorrow... cross your fingers for half decent paint and a really decent price.

|

Quote:

|