TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
messeduprex
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #7581

My Ride:
'93 Honda Civic Ferio

here is a hard one!

ok before anyone calls me out yes i'm a dumb a**. about two years ago i got pulled over down the beach i had just got my car back together and haden't got the chance to get it inspected. my registration was out not by long though. i was pulled over for fictisious tags and registration. he said he ran my tags and the came back to a '07 lexus i had a '91 crx my registration clearly had my plate number on it and was in perfect condition so i get a summons to appear and my car impounded. here is where the real problem comes in. the officer writes the court date as thanksgiving day. i call the court and they said that there was no court on that day. so i ask when is my court date. they told me the tickets were never turned in and to call back another day to find out. i do this for 3 weeks. finally my lawyer tells me to send a notorized letter stating to let me know when the court date is. i send it and call them also. this is what the said " the tickets have not been turned in but if you want you can come down next tuesday" i told her i need my lawyer to go with me and that i would need to know when the court date is set. 3 days later i get a letter in the mail saying my lic. was suspended for failure to appear in court and it wasnt even tuesday yet. since then i found out my lawyer cant help me down there because he is not licensed in delaware. and i have no clue what to do i dont have alot of money for a lawyer and have no license. do you have any clue how they could do that?
messeduprex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
You need more than the advice of a police officer on this one... you need a lawyer. Sorry, just don't see a way around it.

if you really sent a notarized letter and they responded in a letter saying:
Quote:
finally my lawyer tells me to send a notorized letter stating to let me know when the court date is. i send it and call them also. this is what the said " the tickets have not been turned in but if you want you can come down next tuesday"
then it doesnt sound like there should be an issue, but you werent clear... do you have it in writing?

also, why ask now that its 2 years later?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

I don't know who you used as a lawyer the 1st time but he should have told you that he could not work in Delaware. At this late in the game Troll is right the only thing you can do now to dig yourself out of this is to get a lawyer and pay up.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
messeduprex

Member #7581

My Ride:
'93 Honda Civic Ferio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
You need more than the advice of a police officer on this one... you need a lawyer. Sorry, just don't see a way around it.

if you really sent a notarized letter and they responded in a letter saying:
then it doesnt sound like there should be an issue, but you werent clear... do you have it in writing?

first there was no response in writing from the court just verbel over the phone when i called. the only letter i recived was that i failed to appear for court.

Quote:
also, why ask now that its 2 years later?
Because It has Come Back To Haunt Me .

Quote:
I don't know who you used as a lawyer the 1st time but he should have told you that he could not work in Delaware.
He was Free A friend of the family
Old 04-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
sounds like your lawyer made a critical mistake... he told you to send a certified letter to them, but more importantly you would have needed a letter returned... in writing... proof. unfortunately now there's not much to argue your case... your only option is to find a lawyer who will follow up more thoroughly than the last... good luck.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
messeduprex

Member #7581

My Ride:
'93 Honda Civic Ferio

thanks