TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #21
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slowMX5
Na I wasnt talking about the cutoff. Look at the 2nd pic down. Look at the perfectly level "lines" on the wall, where the cinderblocks are stacked on top of each other. Ok, those "lines" are perfectly straight, now look at the light at the bottom and top of the cutoff. Comparing it to the wall its crooked. Mine is the same way. Just wondering why this is.
Maybe it's just how the car is sitting?
I'll have to take a picture of mine, they're the same European design, but they are level where you're talking about.

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Gone
2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #22
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

I am currently in the process of getting a quote to do this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (56.8 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by WRXD; 02-04-2006 at 08:00 PM.
WRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #23
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
marc- unless your headlights were intended to be used in europe, they are not the same e-code beam pattern. i know they have little mini slants but its not the same... they are made to abide by the DOT codes set forth for the US. my lights have a great pattern, but are technially not legal in the US because they were made for the eurupean market. just wanted to clarify that...
and i'm really not sure about the slant... maybe they figure the lowest point is about where oncoming traffic lies and farther to the left is more off to the side of the road so it gradually raises to illuminate a bit more over there. just a guess, i have no idea...
bryan
p.s. my mommy has a Lexus ES330 and it has some awesome projector HIDs... they are perfectly flat all the way across... its interesting to compare mine to hers. I should take photos comparing the pattern and brightness of hers and mine but it might be a little upsetting for me though

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #24
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
marc- unless your headlights were intended to be used in europe, they are not the same e-code beam pattern. i know they have little mini slants but its not the same... they are made to abide by the DOT codes set forth for the US. my lights have a great pattern, but are technially not legal in the US because they were made for the eurupean market. just wanted to clarify that...
and i'm really not sure about the slant... maybe they figure the lowest point is about where oncoming traffic lies and farther to the left is more off to the side of the road so it gradually raises to illuminate a bit more over there. just a guess, i have no idea...
bryan
p.s. my mommy has a Lexus ES330 and it has some awesome projector HIDs... they are perfectly flat all the way across... its interesting to compare mine to hers. I should take photos comparing the pattern and brightness of hers and mine but it might be a little upsetting for me though
Yeah, I simply meant that they have the same __/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ design. It may be slightly less exaggerated, but it's pretty close.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #25
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

yeah your slant is about 2 inches tall and mine is about 3 feet... yup.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 02-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #26
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:

Quote:
yeah your slant is about 2 inches tall and mine is about 3 feet... yup.
Heh, just for that, I'm taking a picture later today and posting it.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #27
TehWagon
The Calendar Master

Member #34

My Ride:
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon MBP

Send a message via AIM to TehWagon
i'll volunteer my whorish light spray in a pic if you want, maybe we can do it thursday if i come to the meet.
~Ashley *formerly CarWidow* {TST Orig No. 34 / HP#002}
{{{---MPIBTY

My favorite wagon quote:
Quote:
I needed to both haul stuff and haul arse.
TehWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:16 AM   #28
2slowMX5
Tri-State Addict

Member #1351

Quote:
bryan

And they will NOT pass inspection due to 3 little letters D O T ....not being etched into the headlight housing.

ask me how i know
2slowMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:20 AM   #29
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Thats if u go for a legit inspection.

Quote:
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:16 PM   #30
TehWagon
The Calendar Master

Member #34

My Ride:
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon MBP

Send a message via AIM to TehWagon
cool, note to self to take them out before i go!
~Ashley *formerly CarWidow* {TST Orig No. 34 / HP#002}
{{{---MPIBTY

My favorite wagon quote:
Quote:
I needed to both haul stuff and haul arse.
TehWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #31
WRX27
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #363

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX Sedan

Send a message via AIM to WRX27
I have the stock HID's from an STI - What brand/temp bulb should i go with if i want to upgrade a little and is it worth it? Also any recomendations on a high beam/fog light bulb so they are not so crappy compared to my low beams?
WRX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #32
Timbo101
Noob-Jersey

Member #5078

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

I just ordered some EDM Headlights and I want to put HID's in them. Do you know the size of the low-beam light, so that I can order my HID's and have them in around the same time?

Tim
Timbo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #33
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Like this? Here's the beam pattern on my 04 MSM (6000k bulbs)

i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #34
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

yeah i wish i had a white wall to do this on, would be better for the color, but those bricks were like a light tan color. and yeah that light cutoff is pretty sick.

and tomboy... the lights are H1s... i think wkderf might have a set for sale cheap if you're interested, otherwise i guess its up in the air on the brand and the shop you go with.

|

Quote:

|
Old 06-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #35
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
yeah i wish i had a white wall to do this on, would be better for the color, but those bricks were like a light tan color. and yeah that light cutoff is pretty sick.

and tomboy... the lights are H1s... i think wkderf might have a set for sale cheap if you're interested, otherwise i guess its up in the air on the brand and the shop you go with.
Wait, is he selling the hid's I gave him for free?

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #36
WKderF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #30

My Ride:
Taste The Beast

Send a message via AIM to WKderF
no, they are going into my foglights.
WKderF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #37
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Ok, that's what I originally thought, reason being why I gave them to you for free. It's all good, carry on.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #38
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKderF View Post
no, they are going into my foglights.
atta boy

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #39
WKderF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #30

My Ride:
Taste The Beast

Send a message via AIM to WKderF
WKderF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #40
fastjim
Tri-State Addict

Member #708

My Ride:
05 WRX

edit: i got HIDs now in my stock housing with 10000k bulbs.. give off the best lighting i have ever seen and all the signs on the road glow its pretty cool.. and they are pretty much aimed to the ground cuz if they are at level hight everyone high beams me its cool tho.. let me know if yous are still gonna compare still

fastjim is offline   Reply With Quote