TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drifting
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2007, 03:13 AM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
2008 D1GP Locations Announced, US Finals at NJ Motorsports Park in Millville!

First off, here is the 'hot off the presses' info about the 2008 D1GP season, but the best part about it is that they will be at the New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville! I had no idea that the track would be ready to go so soon but thats awesome news...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Michael Mucklin
D1 Grand Prix USA
mike@d1gp.com

D1 GRAND PRIX ANNOUNCES NEW USA CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS SERIES AND 2008
SERIES EVENT SCHEDULE

TORRANCE, CA (October 23, 2007) - D1 Grand Prix USA is pleased to announce a new professional drifting competition series format for 2008 along with the release of the new season event schedule.

For the first time ever, the North American arm of the famous D1 Grand Prix professional drift series will operate a championship points-based series designed to graduate the top scoring drivers in the U.S. series, along with the top drivers from other D1 Grand Prix series around the globe, to a season-end D1 Grand Prix World Championship match which will also be held in the U.S. in 2008. The 2008 schedule for the U.S. will be as follows;

March 8-9, 2008 - Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, California

May 10-11, 2008 - Moroso Motorsports Park, West Palm Beach, Florida

July 12-13, 2008 - Location TBA

September 13-14, 2008 - New Jersey Motorsports Park (Lightning Course), Millville, New Jersey (USA Series Final Round)

November 22-23, 2008 - Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, California (Japan series final points round on Saturday and the D1GP World Championship match on Sunday)

"We are very excited to continue to bring the absolute best drifting content and youth lifestyle events to the markets we're already well established in, as well as expanding the geographical coverage of the D1 Grand Prix USA brand into new markets where demand for high quality drifting events is high.", stated D1 Grand Prix President Takeshi Hidesato.

In addition to adapting the unparalleled drifting entertainment made famous in the previous five seasons of D1GP USA exhibition matches into a genuine points chase format, D1 Grand Prix will also develop and evolve new and existing D1 Grand Prix international franchises to standardize vehicle and sporting regulations and judging standards globally. A pool of professional and highly-skilled judges will be hand picked and trained by Keiichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya himself to provide high-quality, standardized judging for all world-wide D1 Grand Prix competitions.

Following the successful event format established during the 2007 season, all D1 Grand Prix USA events in 2008 will include a Ikaten (driver search) portion in which new, up-and-coming drivers can compete in front of the distinguished D1GP judging panel for the chance at a coveted D1 Grand Prix USA annual competitor license. The Ikaten will be followed the next day by the professional D1 drift competition, lifestyle show and other exciting and exclusive content.

Additional announcements regarding the 2008 D1 Grand Prix USA Series and World-Championship event, including purses, sponsorship announcements, domestic and international television coverage and additional event content will be released over the next several weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

It's impressive when a track isn't even open yet and can manage to attract an event like that.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
thewake
Tri-State Addict

Member #385

Expect more announcements as the organizers start the publicity for next year.

http://www.grand-am.com/Events/Event.asp?ID=220 (Not available through the 2008 schedule menu), but it is mentioned here http://www.grand-am.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9209

Both NJ SCCA regions should have dates as well. I don't know what events will be held yet, but look for 2 SJR and 2 NNJR weekends.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Any idea on when tickets will be available?
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
Wiisass
Tri-State Addict

Member #744

Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
At NJMP and within a week of Formula D. Something doesn't sound right about any of that.

Just put the TIP In.

Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:32 AM   #6
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

I see it all falling apart drifting is a fake sport, next year I see the sport falling off the face of the earth what a dumb idea
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #7
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
I see it all falling apart drifting is a fake sport, next year I see the sport falling off the face of the earth what a dumb idea
That's what someone says every year. I mean I know it's no driving in a circle in a car with painted on headlights but how bout you respect what other people enjoy and keep your opinions to yourself.

Last edited by Ender81; 10-26-2007 at 09:45 AM. Reason: damn typo lol
Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 AM   #8
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

njmp isnt even done yet! thats crazy! id love for grand am to race there, id def go to watch but id really go nuts if rolex's racing series went there and competed. i want to see a rolex race so bad.

personally i dont really care about drifting but its pretty fun to watch bc those dudes who do it well have some awesome skill and i gotta respect what they do.

and the crashes are awesome too
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #9
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

njmp i can't wait road coursing,time attack and my personal favorite drifting.evo mike didn't we have this conversation before.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #10
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

probably i always make fun of drifting i actually really do hate it, i go to alot of events get stuck working on cars but i think its kinda dumb, if anyone really knows me they will understand what im talking about, american drifting was cool when it was all grassroots and it was all about chaos and rock and roll on the east coast what it has become is a god damn shame.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

grassroots drifting what could i say,i miss it.sponsored sanction events judging blows ballz.it all about who could be the next poster child.who got the best sponsors are normaly on the top 10.my friends damien and chelsea are by far better then those you see in the top 10.but since they drive down to every event non stop.get ther set up check ther cars and finally get out to track.they are so beat and the only thing that keeps them going is the love they have for drifting .

this past year they were in the top ten in the nopi series.but lack of money,sponsors,time etc etc.they barely finish the season.you go to these events and you could tell who does it for the love of it.and who does it for the money.at least chelsea got his d1 license over in etown.and that was with a underpowered miata stuck open trottlebody and control the car with by shutting on and off the ignition.

i beleive drifting is going to go mainstream.but its up to us to keep it f***ing rockandroll.

Last edited by jdmwill; 10-26-2007 at 06:45 PM.
jdmwill is offline   Reply With Quote