TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drifting
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #21
Luv4Boost
Noob-Jersey

Member #22266

My Ride:
92GTR 06 saab 9-3

J
apan drift all the way .. Us drift is turning to be all corporate..
Luv4Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #22
Ridachu
Tri-State Addict

Member #14535

My Ride:
...i dont have one 8'[

v8 swaps are pretty sweet...but its a lot of uneeded power

not saying i know everything about this drifting stuffs but anyone can powerslide through a turn without crashing...but to make a nice clean slide is beyond enjoyable....my first rwd car was an ka s13 with a vlsd....handled like crap but it got the job done the more and more you fooled around with it the "better" and better you got...to the extent of na ka

w/e long story short you really cant judge country's drifters, imo both countries are becoming more and more tools with this drifting stuffs, its fun and gets the addrenaline pmumpping but because of this "movement" the price of all these cars and parts are through the roof, and not to mention trying to buy an s13 that isnt molested is also very rare...

back on topic instead of us vs japan style drifting you should have
best car to drift and why
*cough* rolla *cough*
Ridachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
Reese
Tri-State Addict

Member #19347

My Ride:
TST Since Oct. 2006

Im still waiting for some sort of decent explanation on this......spare me the fan boy comments and throw some structure in your argument.

My

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
yo! --
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #24
Ridachu
Tri-State Addict

Member #14535

My Ride:
...i dont have one 8'[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
Im still waiting for some sort of decent explanation on this......spare me the fan boy comments and throw some structure in your argument.
this thread makes as much cents as the bums in baltimore...did i mention i gave them NONE
Old 12-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #25
mxkilla450
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #10350

My Ride:
96 s14 ka dohc sold,1jzgte s13 still going strong and sr20 s13 trying to sell :)

i retract my previous statement... to tell the truth there is no actual fact behind our retarded statement ... every country has great drivers to actually judge which ones better is almost nearly impossible..all tho they should make some kind of nation wide drift event .. they do it for motor cross http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSZ91rDpMQ
mxkilla450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #26
Teku18
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4895

My Ride:
2014 WRB BRZ, 1992 SVX

Send a message via AIM to Teku18
They actually did that. It was the Red Bull world drift championship. Had it a few years ago.

That's when I first herd this beast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuHWt4sUH_E
Quote:
yes this is ok with me, obviously but when someone is paying and i plasma their fender open and then duct tape it shut they might get upset while i am laughing.
Teku18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #27
Proven
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1547

My Ride:
99 RS-WRX

Send a message via AIM to Proven
As a spectator I prefer the way drifting was (Japanese style) as apposed to what its become after US Manufacturers and Corporations got a hold of it. Watching 2 clouds of smoke travel around a track (leader having full advantage blinding follower) makes no sense to me. I much rather see the battle of skill and talent done properly (evenly paired - J style) rather then two guys trying to through sand in each others eyes w/ who's got the bigger engine and tires that smoke the most (Advantage seeking - us style)..

p.s - Don't think that I think those running V8's lack talent, this is obviously not true! I just prefer to "see" the battle and know the Competition is evenly paired like it used to be.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:42 AM   #28
Reese
Tri-State Addict

Member #19347

My Ride:
TST Since Oct. 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proven View Post
As a spectator I prefer the way drifting was (Japanese style) as apposed to what its become after US Manufacturers and Corporations got a hold of it. Watching 2 clouds of smoke travel around a track (leader having full advantage blinding follower) makes no sense to me. I much rather see the battle of skill and talent done properly (evenly paired - J style) rather then two guys trying to through sand in each others eyes w/ who's got the bigger engine and tires that smoke the most (Advantage seeking - us style)..

p.s - Don't think that I think those running V8's lack talent, this is obviously not true! I just prefer to "see" the battle and know the Competition is evenly paired like it used to be.
As a Driver i could debate some of the things you said but i understand where you are coming from.......

My

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
yo! --
Old 12-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #29
Proven
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1547

My Ride:
99 RS-WRX

Send a message via AIM to Proven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
As a Driver i could debate some of the things you said but i understand where you are coming from.......
Glad you posted, No better person to rep. the drivers then yourself not to mention your looking all slim and handsome and sh**!! haha (haven't seen you in a bit man)

So from a drivers perspective, I imagine you would debate that the smoke isn't all that bad if your where you should be - on their a**? And that the introduction of V8's really only took away the stress of ringing out a 4cylinder and no real advantage is had besides maybe diggin out of a tight corner? If so, that does change my "advantage seeking" theory I had.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #30
Tyler
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6663

My Ride:
335i dd & SR'd Hatch

drifting is drifting.. no matter how or where it is awesome

Quote:
You should be doing chicks and drugs not engine swaps!!!

Last edited by Tyler; 04-15-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #31
Reese
Tri-State Addict

Member #19347

My Ride:
TST Since Oct. 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proven View Post
Glad you posted, No better person to rep. the drivers then yourself not to mention your looking all slim and handsome and sh**!! haha (haven't seen you in a bit man)

So from a drivers perspective, I imagine you would debate that the smoke isn't all that bad if your where you should be - on their a**? And that the introduction of V8's really only took away the stress of ringing out a 4cylinder and no real advantage is had besides maybe diggin out of a tight corner? If so, that does change my "advantage seeking" theory I had.

LOL i've been good bro just been working a lot at the office.

Yea from a Drivers perspective i dont think the smoke would be a problem as long as you take the right line. The line is a key factor is drifting and im afraid not many people understand it. The introduction of the V8s i understand why it may look like a USA corp take over but its really not. In japan they use the JDM motor platform, in the Euro comps you are seeing more and more german motor platforms (the falken E36 was a bmw V8 and won JDM allstars a while back), in Australia they have been using the V8 before us, and ofcourse here in the US we are seeing the movement happen.

I have used both a Sr20det and a Ka24det and all though i love using these platforms i saw it was more beneficial to switch to the V8 because of lower cost in parts and fast availability (IT WAS SIMPLY COST EFFECTIVE). Availability in the sense that at the track i will be able to find parts i need way faster and brand NEW compared to the other enegines i used in the past. Also yes the stress of clutch kicking is reduced a lot because we have the TQ to help us out. I am not to happy with the sound of a V8 but thats a small inconvenience.

The inline 6 engine are awesome but we once again end up with replacement issues. Done have much to say on these cuz i only drifted a rb25 but the 1JZs were something that i thought about until i found a killer deal with a V8.

^Ok now this only applys i think to people that beat the **** out of thier TRACK only cars. but dont get me WRONG i have seen some KAs and SR20s last forever but eventually as with all engines somethng breaks.

I get credit to 2 local bros that dont use V8s but still kill it and are really good.
Matt Walden- VQ boosted (import intelligence)
Nick Dalessio- 1JZ ( Elite JDm)

Styles-
I believe every part of the world has thier on style USA, UK, JP, NZ, AU, RU, IR, DR..i respect all of them and i enjoy seeing a change up every now and then.

My Favorie as of right now is the UK.

My

yo! --
Old 12-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #32
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Angle kits are slowing drifting down.
Truth.

Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #33
Ridachu
Tri-State Addict

Member #14535

My Ride:
...i dont have one 8'[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5aWA..._b6V8CUgN696h6
Old 02-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #34
Turbomkii
Noob-Jersey

Member #20643

My Ride:
1941 broomstick

japan is far ahead of us, hate to say it but its true!
Turbomkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #35
csmit27
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #22586

dfzg768=-p0=
csmit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #36
wagner
Noob-Jersey

Member #22793

merica' rules! if you don't like it get the **** out!
wagner is offline   Reply With Quote