TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
i_ride_fieroGT
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10595

My Ride:
Does not hit mivec anymore.(DD) 06 solstice 5 speed. 84 IMSA Fiero5 speed. 87 Fiero GT 5 speed

2 questions,

The 1st one is an informational question the second one is a small prediciment im in.

1. How do traffic cams and stop light cams work. Say im going down R BVD in philly and run a redlight. We all know theres redlight cams all over the place and its not smart to run one but. How do these tickets work. If i were to get one would points follow or would it be a pay and forget because there was no on site arrest. Also traffic cams on major highways way up high on street lights like the ones you see on 202. What are they used for?

My second question is a little odd... I keep getting payment notices from NY because I suposedley ran an easy pass in my 87 Fiero GT. Now heres what im not getting. I have never even had my 87 anywhere near new york in fact it still has yet to even cross over to NJ. They said i ran a booth i think in the lincon tunnel and as statet i have never even had my fiero anywhere near NY much less trust it to drive up there. In fact the last time i was in NY was in my company crane truck well over 2 years ago. Also they failed to provide a pic of the plate and a front pic of the car. Its just a paper saying I suposedley did it and even still my fiero was stored in my garage for the winter when the infraction took place.. How do I handel this?
i_ride_fieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
scout
[TST] Police Officer

Member #15563

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-spec, 2002 WRX ppg'd (sold), 1999 Legacy wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_ride_fieroGT View Post
The 1st one is an informational question the second one is a small prediciment im in.

1. How do traffic cams and stop light cams work. Say im going down R BVD in philly and run a redlight. We all know theres redlight cams all over the place and its not smart to run one but. How do these tickets work. If i were to get one would points follow or would it be a pay and forget because there was no on site arrest. Also traffic cams on major highways way up high on street lights like the ones you see on 202. What are they used for?

My second question is a little odd... I keep getting payment notices from NY because I suposedley ran an easy pass in my 87 Fiero GT. Now heres what im not getting. I have never even had my 87 anywhere near new york in fact it still has yet to even cross over to NJ. They said i ran a booth i think in the lincon tunnel and as statet i have never even had my fiero anywhere near NY much less trust it to drive up there. In fact the last time i was in NY was in my company crane truck well over 2 years ago. Also they failed to provide a pic of the plate and a front pic of the car. Its just a paper saying I suposedley did it and even still my fiero was stored in my garage for the winter when the infraction took place.. How do I handel this?

The cameras work just as you would think. Snap a shot of your plate and a ticket is mailed. The dept that runs the "automated red lights" has 30 days to mail from the time of the incident or 30 days from the time the identity of the registered owner is established. There are no points and shall not be made part of your operating record. Also it will not impose surcharges to your insurance. The cost of the ticket is no more than $100, but may be less depending on the ordinance.

Traffic cams up high like you were talking I know have been put there by PENNDOT for traffic studies. To see when the heaviest traffic is or the lightest ect. Also some cable companies put them up and show them on their local news feed channels as well as News stations for traffic reports.

As for the fiero incident I would contact the issuing authority. They would be the best in answering any questions about interstate tolls and such. Esp. since its NJ/NY border.
scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:30 AM   #3
i_ride_fieroGT
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10595

My Ride:
Does not hit mivec anymore.(DD) 06 solstice 5 speed. 84 IMSA Fiero5 speed. 87 Fiero GT 5 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
The cameras work just as you would think. Snap a shot of your plate and a ticket is mailed. The dept that runs the "automated red lights" has 30 days to mail from the time of the incident or 30 days from the time the identity of the registered owner is established. There are no points and shall not be made part of your operating record. Also it will not impose surcharges to your insurance. The cost of the ticket is no more than $100, but may be less depending on the ordinance.

Traffic cams up high like you were talking I know have been put there by PENNDOT for traffic studies. To see when the heaviest traffic is or the lightest ect. Also some cable companies put them up and show them on their local news feed channels as well as News stations for traffic reports.

As for the fiero incident I would contact the issuing authority. They would be the best in answering any questions about interstate tolls and such. Esp. since its NJ/NY border.

Awsome thanks for the info Scout.
i_ride_fieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote