TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > Parts and Vendor Reviews
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

ground zero performance

has anyone on here delt with GZP? im going to get tuned there sometime this month or next month. just wanted some reviews
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:53 AM   #2
ur lozin
Tri-State Addict

Member #2737

My Ride:
95 Toyota Supra

Send a message via AIM to ur lozin
go to 3si.org and search for hans or gzp.

good luck
ur lozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:
17 Camaro 1LE || 17 Yamaha FZ10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur lozin View Post

good luck
He hasn't had the best rep.
I knew the dude personally. I wouldn't deal with him.
But... that was like 2-3 years ago. Maybe he changed his ways since.
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
Supdawg
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
He hasn't had the best rep.
I knew the dude personally. I wouldn't deal with him.
But... that was like 2-3 years ago. Maybe he changed his ways since.
I would stay far away from Hans and his shop. He is super shady and has screwed many people over. Be careful.
Supdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #5
xrturbo
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3145

My Ride:
98 LGT wag w/wrx driveline swap, lifted 98 Outback, 13 Legacy

i personally knew hans, he does good work.....when you can actually get him to complete something. there was one 3000GT at his shop that he was getting a lawsuit brought against him for a car being prepaid for a VR4 swap and it sat for about a year with no refunds. and i also heard something about hiding from people that he pulled shady stuff with. WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!
xrturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #6
90Laser
Tri-State Addict

Member #2279

My Ride:
1997 Subaru Legacy GT (Wagon)

Send a message via AIM to 90Laser
http://www.3si.org/forum/archive/ind.../t-349255.html

Look for yourself.

He stole myMoms 3k and 5,000 cash.
90Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:19 AM   #7
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

dear lord. thanks guys untill now i heard nothing but good things. i met hans at the jersey shore 3s gathering he and emlie seemed cool. im on the fence. i may still take it to him for a tune since my buddy had a good experence.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
Hans_GZP
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3230

My Ride:
94 Dodge Stealth Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrturbo View Post
i personally knew hans, he does good work.....when you can actually get him to complete something. there was one 3000GT at his shop that he was getting a lawsuit brought against him for a car being prepaid for a VR4 swap and it sat for about a year with no refunds. and i also heard something about hiding from people that he pulled shady stuff with. WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!

I never once had a law suit against me for work done to any car here at the shop. There was a car here for a turbo swap, but the kid never paid the required deposit, so his car didn't get done. He gave a $1,000 deposit (which was less then what we required to do the work) and his clutch gave out. So, we replaced his clutch, flywheel, and rear main seal and sent him on his way. I think the kid was going through some problems with the law because he needed to sell the car right away to pay for his lawyers fees.

I agree that some crappy stuff did happen in the old shop in allentown (about 3-4 years ago). To my knowledge, everything was fixed before we left allentown. Things have changed entirely and everything is running smoothly. If you need something, just contact me or stop by the shop and you can see everything with your own eyes.
Hans_GZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:57 AM   #9
Hans_GZP
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3230

My Ride:
94 Dodge Stealth Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Laser View Post
That car was fixed in the time period I gave him. There was also a major flood in Easton which shut down business for about 2 weeks. Yes, it took a long time to complete his car, but he also brought the car in because a dodge dealership said he needed a new engine (which was not the case). We fixed his problems without raping him like a dealership and we stood by our work when he had a problem.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #10
Girly VR-4
Tri-State Addict

Member #3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur lozin View Post

good luck
You'll find a lot of good feedback from the last year or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supdawg View Post
I would stay far away from Hans and his shop. He is super shady and has screwed many people over. Be careful.

Who are you?

I've known Hans for over a year and 1/2, and I have seen the goings-on at the shop every single day for the last year and 1/2. Nothing shady, and no one's been screwed over.

He had some bad dealings YEARS ago, but a LOT has changed since then. There are always unhappy customers, people who don't get what they want when they want it for one reason or another (vendors screwing up orders, taking too long to ship, he gets inundated with work all of a sudden, floods, etc), but he always does his best by his customers. He's worked on about 10 of my 3000GT's and Stealth's, my dad's stealth, and all of my friends cars. None of us have ever been dissatisfied with his work. Sometimes he's slow, but he's one person, working on 7 or 8 different MAJOR projects at once. It's inevitable.

So tell me, do you think it's reasonable to ask him to get every single car done within one weeks time of it arriving?

Come by the shop and see for yourself. Ask on 3si, you'll have good and bad responses. The people that dealt with him 5 years ago will probably chime in first, then you'll get everyone that's been in here the last 2 years giving good reviews.
Girly VR-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:27 PM   #11
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

emile. hanz. i havent seen you guys since the jsg. hans. i have a 93 vr4. kn intake. gutted cats. 3sx dp. im going to get a safc and probably a 255 pump. do you need me to supply a wideband to tune it. i know theres at least 40 hp hiding in there
Old 12-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #12
Hans_GZP
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3230

My Ride:
94 Dodge Stealth Turbo

We have a wideband, that's no problem. We can run one in your downpipe and one in your tailpipe... or just either one... depends what you want. The one in the downpipe is more accurate. Our tailpipe wideband reads a little off compared to the one installed in the downpipe. Are you running any sort of boost controller or is it still at stock boost?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #13
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

here are is my cars info

k&n intake.
turbo xs mbc. floats around 15psi then drops down to 12ish at redline
3sx downpipe
gutted precats
3sx testpipe(3in)
greddy rs bov
****tty narrowband on a o2 sensor.
im going to get a 255 lph pump and safc2.

any ideas on what you can do?
Old 12-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #14
Hans_GZP
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3230

My Ride:
94 Dodge Stealth Turbo

You'll make around 280-310 to the wheels depending on how healthy your engine is.
92 Galant VR4 FOR SALE
96 Montero SR
Old 12-30-2006, 02:05 AM   #15
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

i Picked up a pocket logger and a safc2 that are being installed monday when im off. then im just gonna order a new fuel pump and fpr and ill be up at your shop
Old 01-01-2007, 10:57 PM   #16
Hans_GZP
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3230

My Ride:
94 Dodge Stealth Turbo

Cool, I'll see ya then
92 Galant VR4 FOR SALE
96 Montero SR
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #17
Supdawg
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girly VR-4 View Post
You'll find a lot of good feedback from the last year or so.

Who are you?

I've known Hans for over a year and 1/2, and I have seen the goings-on at the shop every single day for the last year and 1/2. Nothing shady, and no one's been screwed over.

He had some bad dealings YEARS ago, but a LOT has changed since then. There are always unhappy customers, people who don't get what they want when they want it for one reason or another (vendors screwing up orders, taking too long to ship, he gets inundated with work all of a sudden, floods, etc), but he always does his best by his customers. He's worked on about 10 of my 3000GT's and Stealth's, my dad's stealth, and all of my friends cars. None of us have ever been dissatisfied with his work. Sometimes he's slow, but he's one person, working on 7 or 8 different MAJOR projects at once. It's inevitable.

So tell me, do you think it's reasonable to ask him to get every single car done within one weeks time of it arriving?

Come by the shop and see for yourself. Ask on 3si, you'll have good and bad responses. The people that dealt with him 5 years ago will probably chime in first, then you'll get everyone that's been in here the last 2 years giving good reviews.
Let me guess this is either Hans or the girl that is always at the shop tryin to sell old 3kgt's on every message board.

Please do not try to defend this poor, pathetic business. Anybody who is thinkig of going to this shop goto www.3si.org first and do a search for HANS91GT and you can read through all of the lying and deceit that went on over the years and is still going on. There were plenty of recent posts from angry members of 3si. I use to be a moderator on that board and had to deal with many angry people and many lies.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!
Supdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:08 AM   #18
MPowerKai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1011

My Ride:
Mongoose

Send a message via AIM to MPowerKai
Quote:
Let me guess this is either Hans or the girl that is always at the shop tryin to sell old 3kgt's on every message board.

Please do not try to defend this poor, pathetic business. Anybody who is thinkig of going to this shop goto www.3si.org first and do a search for HANS91GT and you can read through all of the lying and deceit that went on over the years and is still going on. There were plenty of recent posts from angry members of 3si. I use to be a moderator on that board and had to deal with many angry people and many lies.

I used to be on 3si when I had my vr4 under Honda S2000 and at that time he had a pretty bad rep but I think it's been ok recently. Hasn't it?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #19
Hans_GZP
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3230

My Ride:
94 Dodge Stealth Turbo

Quote:

Please do not try to defend this poor, pathetic business. Anybody who is thinkig of going to this shop goto first and do a search for HANS91GT and you can read through all of the lying and deceit that went on over the years and is still going on. There were plenty of recent posts from angry members of 3si. I use to be a moderator on that board and had to deal with many angry people and many lies.

So, instead of coming out and telling us who you are, you hide behind some internet screen name and just type away at things you know nothing about personally? Search for my name on 3si and look at my trader feedback rating.
92 Galant VR4 FOR SALE
96 Montero SR
Old 02-02-2007, 01:24 AM   #20
95Taclipse
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3278

My Ride:
95 Eclipse

Hans is a cool guy to deal with. Was there and saw a 3000gt lay down 309whp
95Taclipse is offline   Reply With Quote