TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Home Page News > TST Media Coverage
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 04:01 AM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
TST's Coverage of The 4th Annual Sonic Meet, benefiting Make-A-Wish

The 4th Annual Sonic Meet, benefiting Make-A-Wish

Photos by James Logue and Steven Cole
Words by Bryan Troll

The greatly anticipated 4th Annual Sonic Meet turned out to be the largest event in TST's history with an estimated 1000 cars in attendance. We were also able to raise a huge amount of money to donate to Make-A-Wish Foundation, but the final numbers won't be able to be released for another ~24 hours of writing this (the article will be updated as soon as it can).
(edit: The 4th Annual Sonic Meet raised $5,039.48 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation! Thank you so much to all of our awesome sponsors, Sonic of Morgantown, and to everyone who came out and contributed to an amazing day with 1,000 cars in attendance!)

After disappointing weather leading up to the originally planned date of the meet on April 25th, The Sonic Meet was pushed back to the rain date of May 2nd, and it turned out to be well worth the wait. The sun was out and the temperature rose above 80 degrees on the day of the meet with only a very brief sprinkle which didn't phase the huge crowds in attendance, many of which left the day with an unexpected sunburn.

Many of the generous event sponsors were in attendance with products and cars on display including a Lotus Elise, a built Mustang, the Fox Marketing Lexus IS-C and IS-F, some very nice BMWs, and of course the Rockstar truck which provided samples to everyone throughout the day. One of the highlights of the show was a white Nissan GT-R, complete with Endless brakes front and rear and BBS LM wheels, as well as a Ti exhaust and very sleek body kit that complimented the lines of the car beautifully.

Over 20 raffle prizes were donated and on display at the meet, and were very popular with meet attendees through the day with ticket entries being dropped into the raffle containers on a regular basis. When the winners were announced that afternoon, a couple dozen people walked away with some great prizes including dyno runs, alignments, window tinting, car parts, tickets to pro racing events, and more. One raffle winner let out an enthusiast yell as his ticket was announced, much to the crowds amusement.

The People's Choice contest started out slowly but picked up steam as the day went on and competition heated up, with the winner being TST's very own Dan Pancoast with his blue Toyota MR2.

There's really no way to express the size of this meet to those who weren't there. It completely overtook the lot next to Sonic as well as just about every other parking lot in the huge shopping complex, spreading much farther and wider than many hanging out near Sonic even realized. There were many excited comments at the meet and afterwards saying that this was the biggest meet some have ever been to, and the best, and already asking about the plan for next year. We're so glad to hear that attendees enjoyed themselves, and that really shows how big of a success the day was all around.

Thank you so much to Sonic Drive-In for working with us over the past few months to make sure the meet was a success, and thank you to all of the amazing volunteers who contributed to helping to bring this event together.

All proceeds from the event will be donated to Make-A-Wish, and we are very anxious to announce the total amount we'll be able to donate which will hopefully happen tomorrow. (edit: The 4th Annual Sonic Meet raised $5,039.48 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation!!!).
Make-A-Wish informed me that 100% of the donation will go toward wishes, none of it will go toward administrative or operating costs which is great to hear since that is not common among charitable organizations. They also said that based on the average cost of a wish in their region, we were able to donate 1 1/2 wishes to them! This is pretty incredible and really puts things into perspective on things; it should make everyone involved feel great about their participation in the event knowing they were able to make a full wish come true for a very deserving child, plus more. We're hoping to stay in touch with Make-A-Wish and hear from them about a wish they were able to grant as a result of The Sonic Meet this year.

The donations came by way of raffle ticket purchases and people's choice award voting from those attending the meet, as well as 25% of TST sales being donated and 10% of Sonic sales being donated. We also had some very generous meet sponsors who made donations to Make-A-Wish to support the meet and enable us to really collect substantial donations.

We are so happy that the local auto community was able to come together for such a great cause, and do something positive while enjoying a great day together, and are very much looking forward to The 5th Annual Sonic Meet next year!

Thank you to the following event sponsors:
Good Vibes Autosport - www.gvautosport.com
Shades Of Gray Window Tinting - www.shadesofgraytint.com
Autocouture Motoring - www.autocouturemotoring.com
Bimmerworks - www.bimmerworks.com
Eurowerkz - www.eurowerkz.com
Bavarian Solutions - www.bavariansolutions.com
Rockstar Energy Drink - www.rockstar69.com
Krazy House Customs - www.krazyhousecustoms.com
Extreme PSI - www.extremepsi.com
Bonehead Performance - www.boneheadperformance.com
Sparx Auto - www.sparxauto.com
Verocious Motorsports - www.verociousmotorsports.com

And to our raffle donors:
Shades of Gray – www.shadesofgraytint.com
Verocious Motorsports – www.verociousmotorsports.com
Rockstar Energy Drink – www.rockstar69.com
Good Vibes Autosport – www.gvautosport.com
JSC Speed – www.jscspeed.com
JM Fabrications – www.jmfabrications.com
R/T Tuning – www.rttuning.com
Mishimoto – www.mishimoto.com
TriStateTuners – www.tristatetuners.com
Liquid Powder Coats – www.liquidpowdercoats.com
Yonaka Motorsports – www.yonaka.com
NJ Motorsports Park – www.njmotorsportspark.com
Redline Time Attack – www.redlinetimeattack.com
Mid Atlantic Grand Prix – www.midatlanticgrandprix.com
Trenton Thunder Baseball – www.trentonthunder.com
Camden Riversharks Baseball – www.riversharks.com
Franklin Institute – www2.fi.edu
Bucks County River Country – www.rivercountry.net
Computer Recycler of East PA

Here are a some photos from the show, but to see the FULL GALLERY, click here!

Here are a few photos from the show, but to see the FULL GALLERY, click here!

edit: 5/24/10.
Got a nice letter from Make A Wish that I wanted to share with everyone. This only referenced the donation jar at the event, not the total amount that we raised, but there's a very nice story in here about one of the "wish kids."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 06-03-2010 at 04:28 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
gtsiawd96
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #227

My Ride:
1995 Eagle talon Tsi Awd

Send a message via AIM to gtsiawd96
Great Write up Bryan!! What a fun day. Got to meet some people I have only talked to online before and becuase this was so huge I missed some people I really wanted to meet also. But all in all my 5 and half hour road trip drive was totally worth it. Can't wait for next year

That aerial shot is awesome.

1995 Tsi AWD
307awhp@24psi
Track numbers coming soon.
gtsiawd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
assault187
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2176

My Ride:
97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder AWD

Send a message via AIM to assault187
Great event, great coverage! Def worth the trip out, I'll be looking forward to next year!

World record holder for Quickest and Fastest 1/4 mile Spyder, 4 cylinder vert, 1st in 10's, 2.0L 4G63 Holset record, Modified Mag December 2010, Self built, self tuned.
assault187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
sleepersatty99
Tri-State Addict

Member #4142

My Ride:
99 saturn sl2

What a great write up. I Am glad that things worked out for you guys and girls. I cant wait to see how much you guys raised. I'm sorry i wasnt able to attened but i had baseball games with my kids. Maybe next year. But Great work to Bryan and everyone who helped out.

your suffering will be legendary even in HELL!!!!!
sleepersatty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:
Drives on the wrong side ;) Bye RSX w/pink wheels....RIP-2003 Mazda 6S

That aerial shot is awsome!
i love how all you guys actually care about the opinion of a girl when it comes to your car. if the bitch is complaining about it, rev it up and shift hard, throw her back in her seat. if she persists, just drive faster till shes scared. she'll respect it once shes afraid of it
Quote:
Driving a nice honda around is like parading a hot chick in a prison yard.
Maxxdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
rllyrckt
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6850

My Ride:
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS w/ 2003 WRX swap

Send a message via AIM to rllyrckt
AWESOME pics!!!! it was so great being there
Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Mishimoto
Vendor

Member #12742

My Ride:
2008 EVO X, 1991 RHD J-Spec S13 (566RWHP)

Who else got a nice sun burn while hanging out at the meet! I know I did! haha
|
|
|
|
]

The Leader in Aftermarket Performance Cooling Technology
Offering Aluminum Radiators, Intercoolers, Silicone Hoses & Cooling Accessories
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
gtsiawd96
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #227

My Ride:
1995 Eagle talon Tsi Awd

Who stopped at Walgreens on the ride home and picked up "after sun Aloe"?....... raises hand

1995 Tsi AWD
307awhp@24psi
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
Mishimoto
Vendor

Member #12742

My Ride:
2008 EVO X, 1991 RHD J-Spec S13 (566RWHP)

^^ LOL... more like, who spent all their money on things at the Make A Wish raffle, so they had to go to their parents house and steal the "After Sun Aloe" from the bathroom cabinet........*raises hand*
|
|
|
|
]

The Leader in Aftermarket Performance Cooling Technology
Offering Aluminum Radiators, Intercoolers, Silicone Hoses & Cooling Accessories
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:
MK5 TDI Cup Edition Jetta, MK5 GLI

awesome pics! the show was great and a lot of nice people with nice cars came out. im def coming next year

IG: @mike_perfectstance
Sublime1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:
Drives on the wrong side ;) Bye RSX w/pink wheels....RIP-2003 Mazda 6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
^^ LOL... more like, who spent all their money on things at the Make A Wish raffle, so they had to go to their parents house and steal the "After Sun Aloe" from the bathroom cabinet........*raises hand*
lol i spent all my money on the raffle and told my parents to give me some cuz it was for a donation to make a wish :D

Nice sunburn and sunglasses tan for me lol
i love how all you guys actually care about the opinion of a girl when it comes to your car. if the bitch is complaining about it, rev it up and shift hard, throw her back in her seat. if she persists, just drive faster till shes scared. she'll respect it once shes afraid of it
Quote:
Driving a nice honda around is like parading a hot chick in a prison yard.
Maxxdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:
MK5 TDI Cup Edition Jetta, MK5 GLI

this was my first time so i enjoyed it a lot. i got burned pretty bad myself. i put all my tickets towards the window tint lol. i needed it

IG: @mike_perfectstance
Sublime1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
blackvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2558

My Ride:
1994 mitsubishi VR4 (twin 16Gs), 1991 eagle talon tsi (hx35)

my question is, how the hell did you guys get a satalite pic of the event?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
gtsiawd96
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #227

My Ride:
1995 Eagle talon Tsi Awd

^Bryan hacked into the NSA's sat and gotta good pic. lol

Acutally, I think someone gotta a ride in one of the airplanes that were taking off and landing across the street.

1995 Tsi AWD
307awhp@24psi
Old 05-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #15
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
helloooo new avatar! thanks steven. great pics guys!

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #16
DGspoolin
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16368

My Ride:
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

Send a message via AIM to DGspoolin
this was my first TST meet let me tell you you guys do it big lol I have never seen that many cars in one place in my life had so much fun and while trying to keep from drewling over these sick rides... inspired me to go get a part time job on top of my full time job so i can afford to do stuff to my car.... she will be lowered by the end of the month cant wait.....lolm thanks guys cant wait til next year
DGspoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #17
boostedshoe
Noob-Jersey

Member #16434

My Ride:
2000 Dinan M Coupe

first post here! you got a great pic of my car in this thread, so you left me no choice!!! it was a privilege to be a part of it...great bunch of people, great cars, and a great cause...u can't beat that! i look forward to your next event and bs'ing cars w/ anyone on here. Lata!

one more thing...why's it say 'Noob-Jersey' under my screen name? haaaaaaaa...SNOOKIE.

Last edited by boostedshoe; 05-05-2010 at 07:39 PM.
boostedshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #18
srtwantabe
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7589

My Ride:
2004 GTO

ya words can not describe this meet im glad somebody got an aerial shot i heard someone talkin bout tryin to get it
Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #19
civichx97
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13501

My Ride:
04 wrx, 98 sf5, 01 2.5 RS

this was a really fun meet, most amazing one I've ever been to, the pics are awesome and that aerial one.....just, WOW.

civichx97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #20
howielong
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #586

My Ride:
Grandpa Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to howielong Send a message via MSN to howielong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
helloooo new avatar! thanks Steven. great pics guys!

I need to buy some new camera gear now

howielong is offline   Reply With Quote