TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #281
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

just washed my car(for the second time in 2 days thanks to the rain last night) hope to see some good numbers tonight like last week, maybe even better

Quote:
My car remote died. I had to insert my key into the lock like some kind of animal.
holla@cha_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #282
Dominick
Tri-State Addict

Member #22876

My Ride:
1999 Honda Civic Si

Good meet tonight guys. Lots of nice cars.

HOWEVER, the fact that we had cops called on us and we had numerous fly-bys, made the meet terrible.

I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE DON'T RIP OUT OF THE PARKING LOT ON MAIN STREET. The meet will get shut down asap, if this continues. This is a formal warning. Do it again, and **** will get cray.

AND ALSO:

There were two cars racing on North Wales Road, coming from Slack's that were taking up both lanes. The only details were that is was a red car and a white car. They almost caused an accident. The cops said this was the first strike. Two more and we are done. I repeat DONE.

If any of you know the two people racing, please tell them, that they are on extremely thin ice because if they cannot take it to 309, then they will be banned.

Thanks

-Dominick
Dominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #283
NowThatsG
Tri-State Addict

Member #14614

My Ride:
'12 Corbin Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
Good meet tonight guys. Lots of nice cars.

HOWEVER, the fact that we had cops called on us and we had numerous fly-bys, made the meet terrible.

I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE DON'T RIP OUT OF THE PARKING LOT ON MAIN STREET. The meet will get shut down asap, if this continues. This is a formal warning. Do it again, and **** will get cray.

AND ALSO:

There were two cars racing on North Wales Road, coming from Slack's that were taking up both lanes. The only details were that is was a red car and a white car. They almost caused an accident. The cops said this was the first strike. Two more and we are done. I repeat DONE.

If any of you know the two people racing, please tell them, that they are on extremely thin ice because if they cannot take it to 309, then they will be banned.

Thanks

-Dominick
lol wow.

you guys tell them to not race on north wales road, but to take it to 309?? put your flame suit on, because this is the dumbest thing you could say. your condoning street racing to people that attend your meets. i give you one more week and this meet will be completely shut down.

and this guy, Justin Barkalow..... what a idiot / hypocrite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-07-05 10.30.30 pm.jpg (63.1 KB, 96 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #284
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

I agree with you, meets shouldn't encourage racing. But the people who do it will do it no matter what you say. I think Dom was trying to say if your going to be an idiot, do it somewhere else

Quote:
My car remote died. I had to insert my key into the lock like some kind of animal.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #285
NowThatsG
Tri-State Addict

Member #14614

My Ride:
'12 Corbin Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by holla@cha_boy View Post
I agree with you, meets shouldn't encourage racing. But the people who do it will do it no matter what you say. I think Dom was trying to say if your going to be an idiot, do it somewhere else
then it should be said like that, not "take it to 309". and again, the Justin Barkalow guy, idiot.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #286
Subi1993
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20632

My Ride:
04 Saturn ION3 2.2 Ecotec

Regardless of who was racing, and regardless of where they do it, Dom was just trying to get a point across. And hes right, if your going to race go somewhere else. we like this meet because its the one day a week that we all look forward to. Hanging out with people, meeting new people, and just talking cars. So no matter what there will always be jackasses showing off or competing with one another, but be smart and dont do it in a place where your going to get in trouble.

It was a great turnout, few new cars, and a lot of new people. If we can all behave ourselves then i'm sure this meet can continue on.
Subi1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #287
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

you have teenagers/dckheads in modified cars, not likely to change as long as it's in this area.

why dont the cops just sit on main st outside the meet and rake in the money from tickets? they do that for the most part in lansdale/north wales anyways

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sundaybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:26 AM   #288
DeathLens
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20236

My Ride:
1999 Civic Si

There will always be asshats on every open meet you go to. It's inevitable. The only way to not have asshats is by invite only but don't expect a huge turnout.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #289
PhilaCivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16251

My Ride:
2011 Civic Si

well see if we have a meet next week- random thought- wont more people see & therefore appreciate your car if you drive slower???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

*Kevin*
PhilaCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #290
Dominick
Tri-State Addict

Member #22876

My Ride:
1999 Honda Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowThatsG View Post
lol wow.

you guys tell them to not race on north wales road, but to take it to 309?? put your flame suit on, because this is the dumbest thing you could say. your condoning street racing to people that attend your meets. i give you one more week and this meet will be completely shut down.

and this guy, Justin Barkalow..... what a idiot / hypocrite.
Da **** are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holla@cha_boy View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowThatsG View Post
then it should be said like that, not "take it to 309". and again, the Justin Barkalow guy, idiot.
I'm sorry for not typing correctly. I will make sure I have Merriam-Webster look over my posts before I say stuff. And Justin is not an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subi1993 View Post
Regardless of who was racing, and regardless of where they do it, Dom was just trying to get a point across. And hes right, if your going to race go somewhere else. we like this meet because its the one day a week that we all look forward to. Hanging out with people, meeting new people, and just talking cars. So no matter what there will always be jackasses showing off or competing with one another, but be smart and dont do it in a place where your going to get in trouble.

It was a great turnout, few new cars, and a lot of new people. If we can all behave ourselves then i'm sure this meet can continue on.
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaybikes View Post
you have teenagers/dckheads in modified cars, not likely to change as long as it's in this area.

why dont the cops just sit on main st outside the meet and rake in the money from tickets? they do that for the most part in lansdale/north wales anyways
We've thought of the idea, but having two cops sit outside on each direction of Main Street, is like the entire Lansdale police force. haha. I might talk with the PD just in case though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathLens View Post
There will always be asshats on every open meet you go to. It's inevitable. The only way to not have asshats is by invite only but don't expect a huge turnout.
I tried that, but apparently, everyone wants the meet to be open, because they are tired of, "seeing the same people."

And Kevin, those pics are awesome. Gonna upload them in a bit.

And overall, I understand that dealing with teenagers is almost impossible, and I also understand people wanting to showoff their cars/pride. But there is no reason to do so on rural streets where the risk is even greater than on, say a highway. Myself and two others, started this meet to break away from the drama and the assholes that occured at the Quakertown Sonic Meets. We are trying to regenerate the traditional car meet where during the meet, we talk cars, and admire others work, and afterwards, if you feel the need to race/want to "prove yourself," you have the chance on the nearest highway.

I don't want people to race, but since we are dealing with teenagers and diehard gearheads, its tough to fight the inevitable. We just want to encourage people to be smart about it.
Dominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #291
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
It's funny because when the Ross meets in Montgomeryville were happening, THE COPS would basically say "as long as the unwanted acts and immaturity happen on 309/202/463, they are not this meets problem".

Soooooo yeah

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 07-06-2012 at 05:51 PM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #292
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
It's funny because when the Ross meets in Montgomeryville were happening, THE COPS would basically say "as long as the unwanted acts and immaturity happen on 309/202/463, they are not this meets problem".

Soooooo yeah

I said that to the cop last night while he was in Slacks informing the employees of the supposed street racing that was blamed on the meet. IMO if it didn't happen at the meet or by someone with in 500ft of the meet while coming or going its not the meets problem. There are plenty of idiots who just drive by and the meet is the easiest local physical target for people to submit complaints and blame to the police about. But, that being said we still need to keep the motor bikes away or quiet along with the random car alarms and stereo systems thumping.......and no RICER FLY BYES as people leave red honda

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #293
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

^he makes a good point, there are people who drive by acting like idiots and never stop into the meet. we cannot control that. but we definitely need to start cracking down more since we got complaints last night.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #294
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Unfortunately it's just a stereotype that comes with meets I guess. No matter what any car in the area is apart of the meet

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #295
DeathLens
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20236

My Ride:
1999 Civic Si

There was two red hondas last night if I remember correctly (3 if you count the integra). One was me. The other was a hatch with b.OUT stickers.

I saw a black mustang and a light blue tc flying by next to each other and the black porsche and another black car, I believe the slammed s14, doing fly bys on the main road

Last edited by DeathLens; 07-06-2012 at 08:19 PM.
DeathLens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #296
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

red integra was me and i'm not cool enough to race up main st. the red ek is a friend who i don't think would act like that but his whole car crew was there, and people can act differently when they're with a group. red em1 is deathlens and he's from jersey so it was probably him

Last edited by sundaybikes; 07-06-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #297
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
I belive it was the red hatch

I did forget about the porsche and that group, when they left they were alfuly loud too!!

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #298
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

I'm hoping to get some left over plywood from work so I can make a folding sign we can put in the middle of the parking lot. Put on it no burnouts, flyby's, or revving. Kinda dumb; maybe, but i think it will help

Quote:
Old 07-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #299
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
I belive it was the red hatch

I did forget about the porsche and that group, when they left they were alfuly loud too!!
just remembered the owner of the red hatch didn't drive it there so that may explain things altough it doesn't really justify their actions

Old 07-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #300
morfhious3
Noob-Jersey

Member #23126

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
I said that to the cop last night while he was in Slacks informing the employees of the supposed street racing that was blamed on the meet. IMO if it didn't happen at the meet or by someone with in 500ft of the meet while coming or going its not the meets problem. There are plenty of idiots who just drive by and the meet is the easiest local physical target for people to submit complaints and blame to the police about. But, that being said we still need to keep the motor bikes away or quiet along with the random car alarms and stereo systems thumping.......and no RICER FLY BYES as people leave red honda
motor bikes.they have to stop that.i live across the street.and my neighbors are complaining about the noise of that bikes already.
morfhious3 is offline   Reply With Quote