TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
BustedUjoint
Tri-State Addict

Member #8107

My Ride:
2008 Unlimited Rubicon

Send a message via AIM to BustedUjoint
Brake Pedal going to the floor - 2004 WRX Wagon

I have a 2004 WRX Wagon. I had Mach V Stainless Steel Brake Lines, HPS pads put on and a brake fluid change yesterday. After running a full quart of Super Blue through it, and bleeding the brakes with the Motive Speed Bleeder AND the manual method, the pedal just goes to the floor the first time, then after pumping it, builds pressure. After driving a little bit down the road, same thing. Floor then builds pressure.

We put in a new Master Cylinder tonight, we bled the brakes again 4 times, now blowing through 2 cans of ATE. Brakes are SLIGHTLY better, but still not up to snuff at all. I am out of ideas. I may be forced to try to get it into a dealership tomorrow. There are no kinks in the lines, no air bubbles and now a new Master Cylinder. Now the brakes go down about 90% (last night it was to the floor) after a few pumps they get to where they should be. Drive a little further, repeat.

The only thing I haven't tried is clearing the ABS system fully. Which I read something about pulling the ABS fuse and putting it back in while the car is on (this is SUPPOSED to force the ABS to cycle the fluid). I tried this today and it seemed to do nothing but turn the ABS light on. Any ideas or help on this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Clueless in Levittown
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by BustedUjoint; 10-08-2009 at 11:23 PM.
BustedUjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
05OCsrt-4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #855

you have air in your system somewhere, if it was your master cyclinder, it most likely wouldn't have any pressure build up at all, continue bleeding
Quote:
I've got nothing... no sarcastic reply, no witty retort...
that was just stupid
05OCsrt-4 is offline   Reply With Quote