TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #41
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Youve been around for 200+ years? How could you know the cycles the government goes through? History is history, to prove your hypocriticalness wrong.

The middle east supplies the world with oil, and yes, of course there are other places, but it has the most abundant. If we just dropped back and left, we would lose those that actually do support us over there (the civilians and politicians for their government that actually look to reform). By doing that, we lose all access to that oil. Why should they provide their enemy's bloodline? They wont. Id rather take a shot in the dark than fall back and get butt ****ed into paying as much as the UK does for gasoline.

We are in more than just Iraq, we are in the entire middle east.
ah, its called American Political HIstory... its a class.. in high school.

so... according to you, invading iraq was about oil..... Iraq never wanted us there, the only people who did, were enemies of Saddam. There is 3 different distint ethnic groups of people there, OF COURSE, whichever one is in power, the other 2 are going to hate... we got PLAYED by going into iraq. The terrorists wanted us to go in there, so they could come over and start killing us.. its a lot easier than hi-jacking planes and learning how to fly them into buildings..

and anyway, we get NO oil from Iraq. We get oil from Saudi Arabia, who is already on friendly terms with us, so to speak. NO ONE will be cutting off our oil supply anytime soon, unless they want to lose out on a billion dollar profit. :D You are very uninformed/confused about the facts here.
KingOfDelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #42
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDelco View Post
Maybe if i have time.... thankfully, Mrs. Obama is not running for President.

Besides, we all wrote idealistic, unrealistic thesis papers in college. The fact alone that she was accepted to and graduated from Princeton is evidence enough for me that she is an intelligent hard-working person who is probably open to learning what it takes to improve the country. Not just a "Yes Wife" like good-for-nothing Laura "I've done absolutely nothing in 8 years" Bush
If you don't think Mrs. Obama is going to influence him if he is president you have another thing coming. Her entire thesis paper was on the topic of racial divide. It was also rumored/confimed/whatever that Obama attended a school that incorporated the teachings of the Nation of Islam. If you haven't read the autobiography of Malcom X, then you won't understand, but the NOI is NOTHING to **** with. I don't care if he was there for three days or three years, there is NO WAY I will vote for someone who was once taught about the "Devil white man" and the promotion of REsegregation. There is too much shady history of Obama's for me to be able to trust him as a president.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #43
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Quote:
and anyway, we get NO oil from Iraq. We get oil from Saudi Arabia, who is already on friendly terms with us, so to speak. NO ONE will be cutting off our oil supply anytime soon, unless they want to lose out on a billion dollar profit. :D You are very uninformed/confused about the facts here.

We get the most of our oil from Canada.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #44
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by namdoogwerdna View Post
So true. I am yet to hear WHAT it is that he feels needs to change, and how he is going to change it. This "change" could just leave us worse off.
i think that he is planning one of the mose radical changes, which is universal health care

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate1229
"I'm sorry what's that? your car's newer? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"
PoorMan'sR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #45
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

Quote:
We get the most of our oil from Canada.
speaks troof. It goes #1 - Canada, #2 - Saudi Arabia, #3 - Mexico.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #46
[sr20]sean
Tri-State Addict

Member #6383

My Ride:
96 nissan 200sx se-r, 89 nissan 240sx hatch

Send a message via AIM to [sr20]sean
why do a bunch of other parties run for election but they cant ever win?(since theres only 2 parties that the electoral college votes for)

im for obama though. lower drinking age and legal marijuana

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
*disclaimer* It was a joke. I don't use condoms. That's what coat hangers at the bottom of staircases are for.
[sr20]sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #47
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

Universal health care would be baller, and he also, supposedly, plans to extend the age that you can be under your parents policy without going to college till 25? Don't know where I heard that from or if it's a rumor I'm starting but I am pretty sure that it is right.

I want to just **** **** up - get a third party candidate in office and de-centralize the money system. Let's see where america goes after that... who cares if we break the system? If its broken it will right itself, too many wills and means are at work to let everything go to ****.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #48
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMan'sR View Post
i think that he is planning one of the mose radical changes, which is universal health care
screw universal heath care, we are going to get taxed out the ass.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #49
NJGOAT
Tri-State Addict

Member #1583

Quote:
NJgoat, you have a lot posted there, most of which is too narrow-sighted and uninformed for me to even address.

wow, seems like uneducated people react to Obama (call him an elitist) the same way some people on here reacted to me once i mentioned i had a degree...

How old are u that you know anything about JFK's presidency??? As opposed to just regurgitating what you have been told by someone older...?

If you knew [american] political history, you'd know that everything works in a cycle. The republicans were in charge for a while, now its time for the Dems to take control, to balance things out, right some of the wrongs, etc... That is how our country's political system has functioned for 200+ years. The phallacy that "only republicans know what is best" is just ridiculous.

As i said, the best indicator for me is that my HARDCORE REPUBLICAN dad is voting Obama. Here is a man who makes $100,000/year as a small business owner.. the typical profile of a McCain supporter... he is fed up with the BS the GOP has been pulling since they did anything they had to do to win back the white house (ie. "Vote for George W, he is a conservative christian like you. the other guy doesn't believe in god.....)

As a voter, who generally votes Republican, who makes over $100k a year and holds a polticial science degree from Boston College, I feel I am well informed enough to state whatever opinions I may have freely in this discussion without my level of education or informativeness being called into question. With that said, it is MY OPINION that Obama is an elitist. It is MY OPINION that McCain is the better choice for President. It is MY OPINION based on this thread and other political threads on this board that you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NJGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #50
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Quote:
hahaha yea i remember the night your mom was drunk and came down and started talking about how terrible it would be if obama won and that universal health care would be terrible and then called you a jew...good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate1229
"I'm sorry what's that? your car's newer? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"
PoorMan'sR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #51
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

Quote:
If you don't think Mrs. Obama is going to influence him if he is president you have another thing coming. Her entire thesis paper was on the topic of racial divide. It was also rumored/confimed/whatever that Obama attended a school that incorporated the teachings of the Nation of Islam. If you haven't read the autobiography of Malcom X, then you won't understand, but the NOI is NOTHING to **** with. I don't care if he was there for three days or three years, there is NO WAY I will vote for someone who was once taught about the "Devil white man" and the promotion of REsegregation. There is too much shady history of Obama's for me to be able to trust him as a president.

FUnny, i HAVE read the bio of Malcolm X... albeit in 5th or 6th grade, but still.....

so, you think its some big conspiracy, and as soon as Obama wins he's going to flip and become some kind of Nation of Islam Black Supremacist????? LMAO!!!!!!!

So, Obama's wife writes a thesis about [the elephant in the room nobody has the guts to talk about) racial divide.... whats the problem. If you don't believe Black people have a different American Experience than whites, you are just naive. I don't see Obama calling for reparations, so thats good enough for me.

ISH, Jesse Jackson talked smack on Obama!!!! thats good enough to solidify my opinion of him not pandering to the black community.

Obama just wants a better country for his daughters... just like I do.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #52
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

Quote:
Why the **** are people in America so scared of taxes?

Who gives a **** how much money you pay in taxes when your heart transplant to save your life is free.

"Oh but you have to wait in line..." thats canada and Michael Moore talking. **** canada, you know the US can do it better.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #53
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

fyi: universal health care results in health care costs going DOWN across the board.... good look at other countries for evidence before you reply. Y u think we're the only ones with a healthcare crisis??? lol.

If i could pay less/nothing for my health insurance plan, and a bit more in taxes, i'd take it in a heartbeat. I pay 5G's+/year for health insurance premiums for my daughter and I.... then i ALSO have to pay the co-pays ($200 for outpatient surgery-cyst removed from under arm; $50 for a 5 minute X-ray on my lower back)...its ridiculous.

As it is now, WE'RE (everyone who pays for or has insurance) already paying for all the uninsured, poor people's healthcare, albeit indirectly.

Last edited by KingOfDelco; 08-19-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #54
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMan'sR View Post
hahaha yea i remember the night your mom was drunk and came down and started talking about how terrible it would be if obama won and that universal health care would be terrible and then called you a jew...good times
yeah... except that was a terrible time.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #55
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_ View Post
Why the **** are people in America so scared of taxes?

Who gives a **** how much money you pay in taxes when your heart transplant to save your life is free.

"Oh but you have to wait in line..." thats canada and Michael Moore talking. **** canada, you know the US can do it better.
IF the US can do it better than Canada then I would be all for it, but I HIGHLY doubt that we can. A friend of the family actually moved to the US from Canada to PAY for our Health care because they would have had to drive four hours back and fourth every day in Canada to go to the "free" place.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #56
NJGOAT
Tri-State Addict

Member #1583

Quote:
fyi: universal health care results in health care costs going DOWN across the board.... good look at other countries for evidence before you reply. Y u think we're the only ones with a healthcare crisis??? lol.
Pray tell, what exactly is this health care crisis you speak of? American's have the BEST health care system on the planet available to them, the problem is that not everyone can afford to use it. Universal health care is a great idea that has critical flaws depending on how it would be instituted. I generally support the idea of providing everyone that does not have access to insurance some form of subsidized health insurance. However, the government should not be placed in charge of the entire health care system. If you think they should, then actually go to a foreign country like Canada or Britain and enjoy being put on waiting lists for the simplest of surgeries.

NJGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #57
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Quote:

As it is now, WE'RE (everyone who pays for or has insurance) already paying for all the uninsured, poor people's healthcare, albeit indirectly.

I hate the fact that my tax dollars are going to people that aren't me. Call me an asshole, but I really don't care about the homeless crack addicts living on the streets. They are not my problem, I am my problem. I work for my money and I want to keep it. I would gladly pay for health care over the free health care if it means I will get taken care of promptly.

Last edited by namdoogwerdna; 08-19-2008 at 04:53 PM.
namdoogwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #58
Action Park
Tri-State Addict

Member #2802

My Ride:
bug and a rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
KOD, i know your gonna say it was dumb for us to invade and you opposed it. Every interview held following 9/11 was in favor of beating the piss out of our attackers.
Not every interview. Even in the beginning, some people were intellegent enough to see that 9/11 was quite obviously a staged attack. Along with KOD, I am vehemently against voting in a US presidential election. Does that mean our opinions do'nt matter? Of course not as we can illustrate the flaws of an administration. In all honesty, i'm baffled as to how people not only vote, but perceive the U.S. as resembling a true democracy in any form. An oligarchy, a plutocracy, yes, but a democracy, no. Modern u.s. history has made it abundantly clear that presidential candidates are merely puppets who take any arbitrary stand to appeal to the suckers of the time. What they say prior to an election in no way actually represents what they are going to do in office. Money dictates that. Power dictates that. I refuse to vote for my enemy. Do people actually think that someone who has gotten that far is in any way a person who represents the ideals of the common mass? Please.

Oh, and for Obama immediately pulling out of war. Please. Obama's foreign policy adviser is Zbigniew Brzezinski. This is a person who has supported and endorsed the creation of (the CIA's little project) Al-Queda. A person who vehemently supports STRENGTHENING and EXPANDING the U.S involvement in the middle east. Do you really think the Obama admin wants to pull out of the middle east?

One does'nt need to support the "lesser of two evils". Sometimes, spreading awareness is a better bet. One can place a vote for a candidate that they "support". One measly vote that nobody you know will see. Thats it, it's done. Sure, one can talk about why (s)he made that choice and then get pissed off when poop does'nt happen the intended way. Someone who does'nt vote can voice their opinion and present documented facts through diverse channels and reach hundreds or even thousands of people. Not to brainwash, but to encourage thinking. When one vote, most of the info they have for the candidate is presented to them in the manner of sale tactics, propaganda, and biased media. Very few actually dig deep into uncovering what they're really about. But common sense really dictates that you do'nt need to. Assumptions that high polititions are pieces of garbage in this day and age always become reality.

I'll leave off with a picture of Brezinski, the person Obama supporters will be essentially voting for, with Osama Bin Laden:

93 93/93

Last edited by Action Park; 08-19-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Action Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #59
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Wait are you trying to say that the CIA startedl Al Queda?
Old 08-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #60
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

ah, the healtcare crisis is that there are MILLIONS of uninsured kids and other people left out to dry by our government. All these people end up going to the HOSPTIAL EMERGENCY ROOM whenever they get sick, which affects the quality care of hosptials. And who pays for these people? Utlimately, WE DO. And this is also what is causing healthcare costs to SKYROCKET. The crisis is the that the prices are rising faster than any other market's inflation rate.

Even simple procedures cost hundreds and thousands of $$$$.... didn't used to. Not when there was "Urgent Care" facilities and other low cost walk-in clinics and stuff.. but they got pushed out of the shuffle.

Oh, I should mention my dad's is the president of a Healthcare Consulting Firm, and besides the fact that i worked for him off and on for 2-3 years, we regularly have discussions about this topic.

Anytime innocent American children are dying and suffering from treatable conditions because their parents can't afford healthcare or insurance, that is the GREATEST AMERICAN TRADGEDY.