TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

The Official "2008 Presidential Election" Thread

So here is our thread where we can discuss any 2008 election -related issues.

Debates/discussions are more than welcome, encouraged in fact. But lets keep it mature and act like adults, no insults (even passive-aggressive), name-calling, bashing, flaming, etc...

I believe that such an important election deserves its own thread so we can discuss our feelings, beliefs, thoughts, etc...
KingOfDelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

good thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate1229
"I'm sorry what's that? your car's newer? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"
PoorMan'sR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

omg its official.

and im voting republican.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

im leaning for democratic right now but we'll see how the debates go to give my final decision

Quote:
"I'm sorry what's that? your car's newer? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"
Old 08-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

obama irritates the **** out of me... "change!" is all he says.. with no plan on how to actually change..

fwiw, had he still been running i would vote for ron paul.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
as much as i dont like either of em, mccain is sadly the better choice
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
this is not going to end well. *waits for the pissing match to start*
Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #8
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

I'll start it off.

I don't vote. I never registered and never plan to. I consider myself a liberal independent. I side mostly with Democratic viewpoints yet I also have a couple more traditional conservative values. I HATE that the Republican party has been hi-jacked by Ultra-Conservative Christian Right Wing Fanatics... and I HATE that the Democratic party has been hi-jacked by the ACLU and is completely focused on unraveling the idea of social responsibility (ie. the parents of the 14 y/o girl that died in Philly, SUING DHS and the city for her death...when they were at fault).

I really can't stand politicas as usual in American, and I don't like politicians because they ALL lie and break their own moral values to win.

That said, its clear to me that what America needs now is a change from the "Old boys Club" and the Status quo, and Obama is clearly more well positioned to do that.

How so? Simply by stating he is for change... that is something McCain won't say. Because McCain doesn't really want to change things, but rather to protect the interests of those who support him: the top 2% of income earners, the NRA, big business (including oil and pharmaceuticals) defense/weapons firms, etc... The fact that Obama talks about change, means that he is OPEN to hearing the real issues of common american people, and doing what he can to improve them.

Obama is more level-headed, and less likely to make emotional, irrational decisions than his seasoned (jaded) counterpart. I used to really like McCain, around 2000... but I have witnessed him compromise so many of his ideals in order to fit into mainstream republican circles, that I've lost all respect for him.

Also, its as simple as: Obama wants out of Iraq (and never wanted to go in the 1st place), McCAin wants a permanent presence in Iraq (and still doesn't see/admit to the flawed thinking that led up to our invasion in the first place).

Do i think McCAin would be a horrible pres? No, not really. But it would just be another 4 years of painful, downward spiraling idiocy at the hands of the GOP. Its not McCain i'd be as worried about, but the people he would be forced to surround himself with in his cabinet...And the Supreme court justice he might appoint.
KingOfDelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #9
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

if you dont vote, the rest of your post is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY POINTLESS.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

what really amazes me is the lengths that people will go to to change the out come of this election, my girlfriends grandmother switched parties just so she could vote against Obama in the primaries, and also look how many young voters are appearing for this election...its been said before that this election is going to go down as one of the major elections in history

Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

Send a message via AIM to pearl
haha oh wow.

I want to know how much race is going to influence the people who have no idea what they are voting for.
Last Activity: 03-24-2009 12:05 PM
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #12
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl View Post
haha oh wow.

I want to know how much race is going to influence the people who have no idea what they are voting for.
dude it only takes two words "the elderly"

Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #13
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

im gonna say that race will play a 90% role in the way people vote. i also think that if obama wins, he'll be assassinated very shortly after either the victory or after taking office in january.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #14
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDelco View Post
I'll start it off.

I don't vote. I never registered and never plan to. I consider myself a liberal independent. I side mostly with Democratic viewpoints yet I also have a couple more traditional conservative values. I HATE that the Republican party has been hi-jacked by Ultra-Conservative Christian Right Wing Fanatics... and I HATE that the Democratic party has been hi-jacked by the ACLU and is completely focused on unraveling the idea of social responsibility (ie. the parents of the 14 y/o girl that died in Philly, SUING DHS and the city for her death...when they were at fault).

I really can't stand politicas as usual in American, and I don't like politicians because they ALL lie and break their own moral values to win.

That said, its clear to me that what America needs now is a change from the "Old boys Club" and the Status quo, and Obama is clearly more well positioned to do that.

How so? Simply by stating he is for change... that is something McCain won't say. Because McCain doesn't really want to change things, but rather to protect the interests of those who support him: the top 2% of income earners, the NRA, big business (including oil and pharmaceuticals) defense/weapons firms, etc... The fact that Obama talks about change, means that he is OPEN to hearing the real issues of common american people, and doing what he can to improve them.

Obama is more level-headed, and less likely to make emotional, irrational decisions than his seasoned (jaded) counterpart. I used to really like McCain, around 2000... but I have witnessed him compromise so many of his ideals in order to fit into mainstream republican circles, that I've lost all respect for him.

Also, its as simple as: Obama wants out of Iraq (and never wanted to go in the 1st place), McCAin wants a permanent presence in Iraq (and still doesn't see/admit to the flawed thinking that led up to our invasion in the first place).

Do i think McCAin would be a horrible pres? No, not really. But it would just be another 4 years of painful, downward spiraling idiocy at the hands of the GOP. Its not McCain i'd be as worried about, but the people he would be forced to surround himself with in his cabinet...And the Supreme court justice he might appoint.
If you dont vote why the hell are you in this thread and your opinion is pointless. i hate people who complain about politics and govt and dont exercise their right to vote. it doesnt matter if they both suck, you should atleast vote for the better of two evils as you seem to think they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
if you dont vote, the rest of your post is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY POINTLESS.
agreed
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #15
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM View Post
i also think that if obama wins, he'll be assassinated very shortly after either the victory or after taking office in january.
unfortunately i agree with you on that one, the older generation of America is not ready for a president of color yet

Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #16
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

Send a message via AIM to pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMan'sR View Post
unfortunately i agree with you on that one, the older generation of America is not ready for a president of color yet
even 50 said it! he was gonna vote for clinton lul
Last Activity: 03-24-2009 12:05 PM
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #17
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl View Post
even 50 said it! he was gonna vote for clinton lul
hahaha i didn't know that

Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #18
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMan'sR View Post
no generation is ready for a black president, or a female president for that matter. and definitely not a black/female combo in the white house.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #19
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM View Post
no generation is ready for a black president, or a female president for that matter. and definitely not a black/female combo in the white house.
i like to think that the younger generations have at least come far enough to be able to handle a black male as president

Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #20
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

i think you're giving them too much credit...