TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-17-2015, 02:01 PM   #161
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

I haven't heard anything about it on the back end of TST, granted I havent talked to troll in months.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #162
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
There's nothing I'd like more than to find a new location to hold this meet again, but I will be honest with you and tell you that we have not been successful in finding a location that can handle the size of the event without being extremely expensive.

As a meet that started free to attend, and in its most recent year was only $5 a car, its difficult to get the numbers to add up where we can hold the event, cover the costs, AND be able to successfully make a nice donation to charity. The attendance has grown to a size where we would need to hold the event at a stadium or convention center and thats looking like $5,000-$10,000 for property rental, plus insurance, trash, bathrooms, security, and in some cases required union labor. I don't have the numbers handy, but I think our TOTAL expenses for the most recent year's event were $2500 or so. We were very fortunate to be able to pull off the event with low costs and be able to donate almost all of the money raised to Make A Wish.

If there are some committed, reliable people who want to really get involved and pound the pavement making phone calls, and really attacking an uphill battle then please get in touch. I'd love to get this meet going again. At this point, we wouldn't be able to pull of a "Spring Meet" but its never too early to start planning for next year, or the idea was brought up to try for a end of the year, fall meet as an alternative.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:00 PM   #163
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Have you looked into the Meadowlands? I know it's out of the way for the PA folk but the lots are massive and they rent them out all the time to local flea markets and Auto X events.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #164
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

I don't think we contacted them actually. We did contact the stadiums in Philly which were mostly all $10,000 per day plus a minimum required amount of union laborers which really made things astronomical. I would be open to doing the event in the Meadowlands, even though it would be farther for some, it would be closer for others... always going to disrupt things one way or another with a new location so we're up for holding it anywhere within reason that is a good fit.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 02-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #165
-69-
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #2825

My Ride:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6

Send a message via Yahoo to -69-
Could try Willow Grove naval base. They had car shows in the past there.
-69- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #166
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

What car shows have they had there?
We've tried repeatedly to open a door to hold the event there but from our understanding they are not holding any public events there at this time, and have no timeline on when they will be unfortunately. It would be a great location if possible so if you know something we don't please message me!

|

Quote:

|
Old 02-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #167
-69-

Member #2825

My Ride:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6

http://www.wpbacarshow.com they are having one in august 2015 as well
Old 02-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #168
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Thats Warminster Park, where we held the event previously.

Willow Grove is a different location, which would be great, but is not available AFAIK.

|

Quote:

|
Old 02-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #169
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I don't think we contacted them actually. We did contact the stadiums in Philly which were mostly all $10,000 per day plus a minimum required amount of union laborers which really made things astronomical. I would be open to doing the event in the Meadowlands, even though it would be farther for some, it would be closer for others... always going to disrupt things one way or another with a new location so we're up for holding it anywhere within reason that is a good fit.
http://www.metlifestadium.com/stadiu...um-hospitality

I was going to contact them myself but I don't have all the necessary info.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #170
-69-

Member #2825

My Ride:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6

Hometown heroes day 2013 had a car show at the naval base. Sorry I thought the other link was at the naval base. brain fart.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #171
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by -69- View Post
Hometown heroes day 2013 had a car show at the naval base. Sorry I thought the other link was at the naval base. brain fart.
I know they held one internal event there once that was open to the public, this must have been it. It was a day to honor military, put on by the base, which the public could attend.
Unfortunately this was the only event held there and they are not available for outside groups to organize other events.
Again, if I'm wrong, please let me know. They have been difficult to reach in the past but that was the info we came up with. If anyone has any other contacts there who can help please let me know.

|

Quote:

|
Old 02-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #172
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
http://www.metlifestadium.com/stadiu...um-hospitality

I was going to contact them myself but I don't have all the necessary info.
Ok I think I just contacted them, it doesn't really confirm the form submission so hopefully it went through. Thanks!

|

Quote:

|
Old 02-18-2015, 01:11 PM   #173
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Ok I think I just contacted them, it doesn't really confirm the form submission so hopefully it went through. Thanks!
No problem. If it ends up panning out let me know. I would love to help in any other way I can being that I live very close to the stadium.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #174
c7scayman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9644

It doesn't hurt to try. Get in contact with Philadelphia (Franklin) Mills mall.
http://www.simon.com/mall/philadelphia-mills

See if they let you use the back parking lots. It should bring some more business to the mall so there is a chance they will say yes.
See attached picture. The red rectangles are usually empty parking spaces even when they are busy on Black Friday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg franklin mills.jpg (95.3 KB, 14 views)
13 MK6 GTI 2020 - Current
c7scayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:26 AM   #175
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Campbell's Field on Camden waterfront is a suggestion.

http://riversharks.com/stadium/rental/

Many meets have been held here and it should be large enough if you use all the lots.
RU EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:34 AM   #176
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

A lot of these places have been mentioned earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #177
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

I'm sure it doesn't help that troll doesn't live locally anymore, I would raise admission to $20 and get a premium place. I'd rather pay $20 for a good parking spot than $5 for back to back to back parking

Last edited by saxon; 02-21-2015 at 01:33 PM.
saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #178
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Perhaps we should start a new charity meet to raise money for this one, since it has not had a pulse since 2013

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #179
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

We have discussed a lot of places in the past, some of which weren't options due to size or other logistics and others that just didn't work out that year but may have been possible for the future.

Franklin Mills won't work because at this point we need a dedicated, private area to hold the meet where we can isolate and control the entrances and exits.

Campbells Field is a GREAT location, and I worked very hard to make that happen, but to fit the number of cars we needed it required Campbells Field lot, the Aquarium lot, the Susquehanna Bank Center lot, plus the 4-5 other lots surrounding that. The woman I worked with at Campbells Field was very helpful and it took a lot of coordinating which we ALMOST locked it in, but it was too much of a balancing act to secure each of these individual lots for a main date and a rain date for this location unfortunately.

I am long distance now but almost all of the work that is done is on a phone or computer for this. There are some things that need to be done but in the past I have had a great team working together who was able to take care of that for me, and I'm sure we can assemble a great team again to make it happen in the future. That isn't my concern at this point. The tricky thing, to be honest, is to find a location ($5000) plus other operating costs ($2000) and commit that money from TST no matter what to an event without knowing exactly how the turnout will be. In the past we have been lucky to minimize operating expenses and not have to front as much money, and we were benefitted from the momentum of the annual event growing each year. Its a bit trickier now... but not impossible. I'd love to see it happen and am willing to make it happen--if we can just find a location that will serve us well.

|

Quote:

|

Last edited by TROLL; 02-23-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #180
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:
Zenki S14 - Sold the SRT4

why was englishtown not going to work again? they have ratchet fridays every week and don't utilize 1/10th of the park ?

no thread for current s2000.
mr_eh is offline   Reply With Quote