TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
thewake
Tri-State Addict

Member #385

NJ's official fake license

Do you officers have any opinion of the proposed driving privlege cards? I would think that the system is ripe for abuse. What is there preventing me from going and getting one then presenting it at a traffic stop. Of course my real license would then never be tagged with the violation. Of course I could do this over and over again, never pay fines, or pay extra insurance, because all the info is faked. What about people who have had their liceses revoked for DWI or excessive points, could they go get one of these things too?

I just do not see how the whole undocumented/illegal/unlicensed hit and run problem is bad enough to warrant this kind of program. I don't see how there is any incentive for the undocumented immigrants to get them, what makes it better for them to get one of these cards, and stop driving the way they are doing it now anyway?

Did I miss anything in the bill (http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bi...00/2607_I1.HTM)?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
undercover
[TST] Police Officer, Representing NJ

Member #1297

i have yet to read this fully, i am just so buisy, i am sorry i couldnt reply sooner with a full answer. this was something that got my attention real quick: Permits MVC to issue driving privilege cards to persons who cannot prove ID or lawful presence in the country; appropriates $90,000.

So it looks like its saying they put a price tag on a green card. This isnt something that anyone can walk in an get...the privilage card that it is. Ill read it better later.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
thewake
Tri-State Addict

Member #385

From what I read the $90,000 is going to be spent by the state on a public education campaign. The cost of the card should be close to what a regular driver's licence would cost.