TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #21
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

Send a message via AIM to nissamax
so what if im using my ipod? or if im using my iphone but not exactly txting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
nissamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #22
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissamax View Post
so what if im using my ipod? or if im using my iphone but not exactly txting?
Then you shouldn't be driving. ;)
Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #23
1stgenrocks
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3257

My Ride:
03 WRX EJ25 swap

Send a message via AIM to 1stgenrocks
the whole thing is pretty dumb imo. now were gonna get pulled over cuz "i thought i saw you txting" what if im looking at the gps on my phone am i supposed to show the cop all my txt logs to prove what i was doing. ive had more old people and people doing makeup, reading newspapers, playing with the radio, yelling at their kids etc cause more problems then phones. make it a secondary charge if they blow a light or cause an accident but it shouldnt be a primary offense. we should be focusing more on properly training drivers and a more intensive licensing and renewal process rather then trying to babysit and say dont do this dont do that. as long as our license test is such a joke and there isnt even a basic vision/reaction time test to renew your license were going to have accidents.
1stgenrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #24
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

Send a message via AIM to nissamax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_sleeper View Post
Then you shouldn't be driving. ;)
Hey i can drive and txt better then people can just drive. doesnt mean its right but i can do it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
nissamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #25
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Quote:
Hey i can drive and txt better then people can just drive. doesnt mean its right but i can do it

It's nice to see this law, but it won't make a damn bit of difference. I don't really care though, I don't text and drive at all. In fact, it is nearly impossible. I plug my phone into the ipod jack located under my ebrake, which means if I am going to text I need to pull it.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #26
Slevin
Tri-State Addict

Member #19794

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
Isn't there already a law on the books... Called "Distracted Driving"?

STOP IT ALREADY WITH THESE FEEL GOOD LAWS. And do something useful. People are losing houses, jobs, families, faith in our future. And this is the **** they prioritize. Well done, again I will vote down all these F'ers out come next election.

end of days
what about the people that are losing loved ones? tell me this law isn't useful when someone's daughter gets run over. how would you feel if someone in your family or someone you loved got hit and killed by some jerk-off texting while driving. i bet you would think this law is pretty damn important. they had the opportunity to change something for the better and they did. good for them and us.
Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #27
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Quote:
trollolololol
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #28
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
what about the people that are losing loved ones? tell me this law isn't useful when someone's daughter gets run over. how would you feel if someone in your family or someone you loved got hit and killed by some jerk-off texting while driving. i bet you would think this law is pretty damn important. they had the opportunity to change something for the better and they did. good for them and us.
WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD??????? Awesome argument.

Like I said, already a law on the book, this new law is redundant, therefore un needed, there for nothing useful.

And again, like stated before by others. This will be enforced as much as stay right to pass law, no handheld cellphones (but you can handle a conference call on bluetooth, wtf?). It will only come into play after the accident, when they see a phone in someones hand. How's that help?
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #29
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
I still text and drive. This wont change anything. If I get pulled over for it, I was "changing the song on my iphone." Prove otherwise.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #30
Chris B.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14208

My Ride:
is Sonic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
I still text and drive. This wont change anything. If I get pulled over for it, I was "changing the song on my iphone." Prove otherwise.
They will probably give you the ticket anyway unless you show them your incoming and outgoing text messages and there aren't any recent ones. If you go to court to fight the ticket, you'll need something form your cell company showing your text messages during that day and the times they were sent and received.

Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #31
ezdrummer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3534

My Ride:
i am to embarrassed to say..

people who text and drive are dooshes.
145B Philmont Ave. Feasterville, PA 19053 (Between Street Rd and Bustleton Ave)

ezdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #32
300zx_tt
Tri-State Addict

Member #13531

i have seen countless people text and drive, I saw a teenage girl blow a stop sign and clip a guy on a bike cuz she was texting, also saw a dump truck change lanes and hit a buick enclave cuz he was texting... **** a 50 dollar fine, it should be more like 500. the last thing you need to do while you are driving is text. there is no need to and there is no excuse.
I think the reason you had such a miserable time is because you neglected to urinate on yourself. I believe another contributing factor is your diet. You mentioned nothing about eating raw snakes... not even one "moral booster" snack of a handful of maggots. The first sign that things weren't right was the minute you decided to build an igloo instead of climbing inside an animal carcass. I think you failed because you lack dedication.
300zx_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #33
Chris B.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14208

My Ride:
is Sonic Blue

I also wonder, does this apply to voice to test capabilities on phones?

Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #34
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B. View Post
I also wonder, does this apply to voice to test capabilities on phones?
If the message sends, I'm sure your screwed.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #35
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
Isn't there already a law on the books... Called "Distracted Driving"?

STOP IT ALREADY WITH THESE FEEL GOOD LAWS. And do something useful. People are losing houses, jobs, families, faith in our future. And this is the **** they prioritize. Well done, again I will vote down all these F'ers out come next election.

end of days
I can't seem to find a "distracted driving" section under the PA DOT website that lists the vehicle codes anywhere. There's "careless driving", which has no provisions for cell phone use at all. I can't find the use of cell phones anywhere under ANY of the state mandated guidelines. You sure it exists?

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #36
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I think it's funny that people don't see holding the phone to your ear is worse than Bluetooth hands free....

Like really? Idgaf about concentrating on the call, that's irrelevant considering you're concentrating on it regardless.

You're telling me that holding the phone to the side of your head while driving isn't going to hinder your field of vision, mobility to turn and look at blind spots... And then also that Bluetooth is the same if not worse? Get the **** out of here.

Holding the phone TAKES ONE HAND OFF THE WHEEL. Go hold the phone with your left hand to your in your car with the window up and tell me you can turn and look in your blindspot in the same manor as with a Bluetooth ear piece without issue. Oh you use your right hand when you talk on the phone? Ok, put your left hand on the wheel and then turn around to look in your left blindspot, oh man, almost have to take your hand off the wheel but youre holding your phone with the other?

Geeze. Seems like it'd be a lot safer with a Bluetooth hands free.

I think we should all read up on California. If I'm not mistaken, since the passed their hands free law, traffic accidents involving cellphones have declined.

No way.

/rant

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 11-03-2011 at 07:34 PM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #37
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

How can a cop differentiate whether I'm texting or dailing? You want to really stop it, and really, really do good. Make maufactuers incorporate some sort of device that knows when your moving as a certain speed. Or that it notices the black box under your ass.

This law aint gonna do a thing except for apply another ticket to the person at fault for killing someone, or causing another accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX View Post
I can't seem to find a "distracted driving" section under the PA DOT website that lists the vehicle codes anywhere. There's "careless driving", which has no provisions for cell phone use at all. I can't find the use of cell phones anywhere under ANY of the state mandated guidelines. You sure it exists?
There has to be a law for the douche that reads his paper while rolling 70 on 295. The grandma with 3 mutts running around the dash. Mommy applying her makeup. If not, we need a **** more laws to be written, AND QUICK. It's for my ****ing children.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #38
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

And state law trumps local law. Feel free to talk in Philly again.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #39
MTuning
Tri-State Addict

Member #7006

My Ride:
'11 Nissan Rogue

There are plenty of laws in place that are difficult to enforce. However, they do make you more aware that you are doing something you shouldn't. Most drivers speed but they will slow down when driving by a cop. Even if it prevents some cases, it helps.

MTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #40
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
The biggest reason this Law is in effect is that is allows the PD's accident investigation team/officer on sight to look at your cel to determine if you where texting. If you where, then your going to be far more likely at fault for the accident then if it were a "No Fault" to either party or an indeterminable fault for either party. So basically if you where in an accident at a Stop Light and hit from behind your most likely ok, but anything else its likely going to be your fault unless the other driver just blatantly says it was their fault.

Im all for this law

The only draw back to it is that it creates an easier insurance scam scenario for a forced rear end accident

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11

Last edited by dangerousatom; 11-03-2011 at 08:24 PM.
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote