TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
fastflyinaccord
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20609

My Ride:
2000 CG3 Accord

Anyone wanting to race...fairly cheaply?

Hi folks,

I follow local auto racing and saw the other day that Mahoning Valley Speedway in Lehighton is starting a 4 cyl Hobby Stock class. This class is basically stock 4 cylinder cars that are gutted, have a racing seat, and roll cage.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass it along. Many of our local tracks (there are a bunch) are hurting from lack of fan support. In case anyone was interested in racing, other than drag racing and drifting, I'm posting a link to the rules for the division and a link to the track's website. Also, there is a little video of the tracks premier division, asphalt modifieds.

Thanks, Steve

4 Cyl Hobby Stock Rules

Mahoning Valley Speedway Site

A little video of the racing...the modifieds turn 9-10 second laps on the 1/4 mile...average speed in the 80's or so. On bigger tracks, they can hit 130-150 on the straightaways.

Clicky for video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

fastflyinaccord is offline   Reply With Quote