TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 AM   #21
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

sr. troll i haz friends with rc drift cars. legit set of guys.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #22
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
http://www.facebook.com/ToxicDriftNJ?fref=ts

These guys would probably be more than happy to rc drift
haaa exactly
Old 01-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #23
Chris B.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14208

My Ride:
is Sonic Blue

If the VIP section is going to be up front again, it may help traffic flow to have signs and people direct the VIP parking to the far right lane and everyone else to the left. Then have the regular admission parking start further back and work forward to get more traffic off the street.

Have some sort of way to enforce VIP parking or an actual gate for VIP parking. I saw at least 4 people pull into the VIP section and they were told to turn around and go park int he general parking. Instead they parked in the VIP area, locked their cars and walked off. Why should they park in VIP for free?

Make sure everyone knows there is no ATM on site and to bring cash if they want to purchase food and beverages and raffle tickets.

Have some more entertainment. After walking through the VIP area, many people said there wasn't much to do if you didn't want to watch the cars going in and out of the event.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #24
FlashFive
Tri-State Addict

Member #5196

My Ride:
02 Protegé 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B. View Post
Have some more entertainment. After walking through the VIP area, many people said there wasn't much to do if you didn't want to watch the cars going in and out of the event.

I think part of the reason there wasn't much to do was because everyone went straight for the VIP section and didn't look at much of the other cars. And since the VIP section wasn't huge, you could go through it in a few minutes.

I doubt it is possible but improving the parking for the non-VIP section would make things much better. So many nice cars were hidden and missed since they were in this section.

I feel like in past years you would have to walk around for 2+ hours to take everything in yet last year it was just natural to walk past the non-VIP cars which made everything go by much quicker. It felt more like a parking lot of a football game than one of a car meet.

I know VIPs pay more and definitely deserve better but it would improve the meet as a whole if parking could be made better for everyone. That would probably be a tall order though.

ZoOm-ZoOm

FlashFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #25
boostedfury
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1389

My Ride:
99 Z51 Corvette & 2003 Explorer XLT

Send a message via AIM to boostedfury
Would if you also allow say a poll of who we would like to vote in for a free VIP spot! Start a competition with entries for a pic of their car and let's us tst'ers vote on the top 5 and those top5 win a free spot in VIP!

boostedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #26
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
I don't know if I missed it, but did you even say in the first post that it is/isn't being held at the park?

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #27
Bdub215
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16318

My Ride:
1993 Lexus ES300 "ES 5Spd"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B. View Post
If the VIP section is going to be up front again, it may help traffic flow to have signs and people direct the VIP parking to the far right lane and everyone else to the left. Then have the regular admission parking start further back and work forward to get more traffic off the street.

Have some sort of way to enforce VIP parking or an actual gate for VIP parking. I saw at least 4 people pull into the VIP section and they were told to turn around and go park int he general parking. Instead they parked in the VIP area, locked their cars and walked off. Why should they park in VIP for free?

Make sure everyone knows there is no ATM on site and to bring cash if they want to purchase food and beverages and raffle tickets.

^ Agree with this guy. I paid for VIP last year and was directed to general parking and managed to track down Troll and sort the whole mess out and move my car to VIP parking. I feel as though the vendors didnt bring much to the table because I didnt see anything remotely interesting. I'm okay with the 5 dollar entry fee as long as i know where my money goes. The shenanigans has to be better policed cause a few fights almost happened due to a few show-offy dicks trying to prove nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedfury View Post
Would if you also allow say a poll of who we would like to vote in for a free VIP spot! Start a competition with entries for a pic of their car and let's us tst'ers vote on the top 5 and those top5 win a free spot in VIP!
On a forum like this? good idea but its not fair to everyone.

Bdub215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #28
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFive View Post
I know VIPs pay more and definitely deserve better but it would improve the meet as a whole if parking could be made better for everyone. That would probably be a tall order though.
VIP parking isn't 'only' for having a better spot. There is a larger portion that goes to the charity. It's for the people with nice cars that aren't so stingy, especially because it is a fund raising event.

Also, parking made better how? You keep stressing about 'VIP' or 'nice' cars outside of the VIP section being missed. Should 'stock' cars go to the far end of the lot and modded ones up closer to the VIP / vendor area? How many would think that would be fair? Maybe an option for those bringing non-show cars to park at the back of the lot out of common courtesy would go over well.

Personally, I think it'd be nice to have a parking lot that has lines on it, then be mandatory/highly suggest that everyone backs in their parking spot. Backing in will take longer for everyone to park. Having parking lines, people would be more willing to drive a little further to park faster.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #29
Chris B.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14208

My Ride:
is Sonic Blue

If people want to have the parking with the front of their cars pointed out, there are two ways to do it. Either park like they did last year then turn around after everyone else around you parks...

or park all the cars facing one way then start the next parking row with all the cars facing the same way. When several rows fill up, redirect a few cars at a time down to park and back in if they want or park facing in if they want. It will allow more cars to park with the front pointing out. I tried giving an example with the simple paint picture below.

I heard some people complain about having to pull in and the backs of all the cars pointing out to the rows last year.

Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #30
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedfury View Post
maybe move it back to a sunday so it might eliminate some of the saturday nice weekend shopping/ event type traffic.

Also maybe have some sort of games like the boardwalk where you donate to charity to play and have the chance to win something.

Hire a rc drift car team to do demos and allow people to bring their rc cars and thrash about.

Food and lots of it!

Try to get like xbox or ps3 to bring a game truck/van to do like a madden tournament etc.

It's all about trying to keep people's attention spans as best as you can!
bingo
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #31
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
Just remember, you not everybody will be satisfied with whatever you decide for the event. Do what you think is best for the event in the end.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!

Last edited by HickRocket1258; 01-21-2013 at 09:29 AM.
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #32
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Thanks for the comments and suggestions so far, your all generating good ideas and discussion. I can cover some of the things mentioned above.

ENTRANCE TRAFFIC:
The biggest issue here is that people dont pay attention to the signs directing traffic or they are so jazzed up that if verbally told it goes in one ear and directly out the other. Last year we had signs and were telling all VIP to stay in the Right Lane and Spectator to stay in the Left until after the VIP entrance. This should have worked well but obviously did not since near half the VIPs were over in the Left lane and had to cross traffic to get into their parking area. On top of that we had 2 lanes of in bound traffic or at least we tried to but numerous times it would turn into a single lane and bog flow down. If we are returning to Warminster Park this year I think a 3 lane strategy will solve this issues....2 Entering and 1 dedicated Exiting with a massive sign showing this at the fence entrance.
PARKING:
We park the cars in the fastest way possible, a double pull in rear bumper to front bumper. We did tell people who wanted to back in they were more then welcome to after their row was completed or at a time that would not cause a back up in traffic. Most people did not want to wait and just walked off after parking.

Having to talk to half the drivers in entering vehicles about either of these issues takes a lot of time that we as a parking staff do not have. Even if its 10 seconds, that translates into nearly 3 hours of stopping and speaking to cars over a 1000 times and there are near 2000 cars coming and going through out the day.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #33
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Spring... not 110 degree heat would be cool lol, I paid vip in my poopra cause I didnt wanna walk a half mile, plus more money for a good cause is reason enough for me, and if your using that big ass landing strip again, why not a real drift demo, I'm sure theres some reputable local drifters that would be down for it.

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #34
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
Spring... not 110 degree heat would be cool lol, I paid vip in my poopra cause I didnt wanna walk a half mile, plus more money for a good cause is reason enough for me, and if your using that big ass landing strip again, why not a real drift demo, I'm sure theres some reputable local drifters that would be down for it.
1 word for that... insurance.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #35
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Ya a drift event is out of the question IMO. There is already enough chaos going on at the TsT Spring Meet as it is. Also as JP said insurance would be outrageous, it's already freaking pricy just to do what we pull off now.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #36
focusp71
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15898

My Ride:
2013 Ford Fusion Ecoboost

I think $5 is fair. Other car shows in Delco charge $10+.

For me, it's a chance to support a good cause. My mom, my aunt and my wife's uncle are all Cancer survivors. I know what it means for people with Cancer to have hope and inspiration.

I attend the show to get an appreciation for what is trending with other makes and models. I look forward to this show yearly and can't wait for this years show!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
focusp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #37
pujols5mcnabb
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #24586

My Ride:
07 Cobalt Sport Coupe

This may be dumb question but I have to ask... When and where is it?
pujols5mcnabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #38
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujols5mcnabb View Post
This may be dumb question but I have to ask... When and where is it?

That info is yet to be released

Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #39
pujols5mcnabb
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #24586

My Ride:
07 Cobalt Sport Coupe

Well thank you.
pujols5mcnabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #40
Eion
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15011

My Ride:
I couldn't find my vtec, but I has boost!

Is there anyway I can volunteer as staff to help out with things?