TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
Ks2000gt
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1492

My Ride:
2000 Trans Am WS6

Send a message via AIM to Ks2000gt
New personal best! ATCO ='s fail

Got a bunch of runs last night at ATCO, anyone that was there knew how poorly the track was prepped. However after messing with the tire pressure and adjusting my launch, I managed to get a new best:

2.195 60'
5.627 330
8.526 1/8
85.07 MPH
11.028 1000
13.143 1/4
107.42 MPH

Mods were Magnaflow exhaust, Jett Hott LT Headers, Short Throw shifter and a mild street tune.

If I would have put ice skates on my car I probably would have done better
Old 11-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
PhillyLS1
Tri-State Addict

Member #3221

My Ride:
00 Camaro SS 11 Mustang 11 GS Vette

Send a message via AIM to PhillyLS1 Send a message via Yahoo to PhillyLS1
Grats! Just keep widdle'n those times down!
You need a clutch, and new MC the clutch is original and sticks to the floor when you powershift.

That track last night was a disgrace.

-- Currently Home/Deployed.
PhillyLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Send a message via ICQ to karl Send a message via AIM to karl Send a message via MSN to karl
thats odd i got a new personal best last nite. i guess awd helps..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
What does a stock WS6 run on average? Sounds like you're about ready to bust into the 12s...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
HKSdrift3r
Tri-State Addict

Member #2984

not bad!!
Old 11-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #6
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:
88 RX7 TII, 2012 WRX hatch

Send a message via AIM to Silverfc88
What tires?
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj
Silverfc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:22 AM   #7
PhillyLS1
Tri-State Addict

Member #3221

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl View Post
thats odd i got a new personal best last nite. i guess awd helps..
IT helps alot, couldn't shift through 2nd, had to let out and get back in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
What does a stock WS6 run on average? Sounds like you're about ready to bust into the 12s...
runs anywhere between 13.30-13.60 Some have busted into the 12's stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95nracer View Post
What tires?
ET STreets, but the track was so bad they were useless.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
evogsrviii
Tri-State Addict

Member #7186

My Ride:
05 TB Evo VIII GSR

congrats. nice job considering the track conditions. with that trap you will be mid to high12s no problem with a better 60
evogsrviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
PhillyLS1
Tri-State Addict

Member #3221

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evogsrviii View Post
congrats. nice job considering the track conditions. with that trap you will be mid to high12s no problem with a better 60
We got a track rental down here this saturday. If the weather holds she should be able to squeek it out

Old 12-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
evogsrviii
Tri-State Addict

Member #7186

My Ride:
05 TB Evo VIII GSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyLS1 View Post
We got a track rental down here this saturday. If the weather holds she should be able to squeek it out
where's that?
evogsrviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #11
PhillyLS1
Tri-State Addict

Member #3221

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evogsrviii View Post
where's that?
Capitol Raceway in Crofton MD, bout a hour and a half drive from Philly. Right down the street from the NSA where I worked.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #12
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
what was so bad about the track, considering you guys are on street tires in 35-45 degree weather. You do know they dont just go okay well people are coming out to race tonight someone get the track ready! Was there alot of people there, RWD guys especially to lay down alot of rubber?

BTW how'd you do this time Karl? last I checked you hit 12.5 didnt you?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
PhillyLS1
Tri-State Addict

Member #3221

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
what was so bad about the track, considering you guys are on street tires in 35-45 degree weather. You do know they dont just go okay well people are coming out to race tonight someone get the track ready! Was there alot of people there, RWD guys especially to lay down alot of rubber?

BTW how'd you do this time Karl? last I checked you hit 12.5 didnt you?
The car had ET Streets, not street tires, probably the best drag radial there is. It wasn't that the track was "poorly" prepped, it was the fact the track "wasn't" prepped. It was dangerous.
I've been to alot of tracks, deep into the winter, I have never had a stockish car skate around like that, that's all.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

hmmm...id be a little concerned with that Trap speed. with headers and exhaust you should be trapping in the 109-110 range. 107 is stock territory for a stick car....perfect example, my 99 Stock Formula trapped 106.8 with the same 60' and went 13.2. when my Ws.6 was stock it trapped 107.3-.8 every time. either something is up in the tune or your clutch is slipping that bad that its robbing you of some MPH and E.T. at this point.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #15
lawdogg
Tri-State Addict

Member #5674

My Ride:
seat of my pants

Were you powershifting?
Old 12-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #16
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
The car had ET Streets, not street tires, probably the best drag radial there is. It wasn't that the track was "poorly" prepped, it was the fact the track "wasn't" prepped. It was dangerous.
I've been to alot of tracks, deep into the winter, I have never had a stockish car skate around like that, that's all.

besides the fact that its pretty much the end of the year, I doubt that the track had been prepped recently anyways. Atco just had the track redone and since then people have been pulling some of the best times this year in much higher horsepower cars...but most of them wouldnt be out on a night in november now. Also was there alot of people running or was this one of those nights where people got 15 runs in?

I just find it hard to believe that the track wasnt good enough. I would check your burnout status first, if the tires got overheated on the burnout you may as well brought iceskates.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #17
PhillyLS1
Tri-State Addict

Member #3221

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
hmmm...id be a little concerned with that Trap speed. with headers and exhaust you should be trapping in the 109-110 range. 107 is stock territory for a stick car....perfect example, my 99 Stock Formula trapped 106.8 with the same 60' and went 13.2. when my Ws.6 was stock it trapped 107.3-.8 every time. either something is up in the tune or your clutch is slipping that bad that its robbing you of some MPH and E.T. at this point.
Quote:
You need a clutch
Yep, clutch is shot. Although the car did have a problem with the MAF when she picked it up. If the clutch doesn't clear this up, I'm going to replace the computer. The tune is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
Were you powershifting?
I tried, she didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
besides the fact that its pretty much the end of the year, I doubt that the track had been prepped recently anyways. Atco just had the track redone and since then people have been pulling some of the best times this year in much higher horsepower cars...but most of them wouldnt be out on a night in november now. Also was there alot of people running or was this one of those nights where people got 15 runs in?

I just find it hard to believe that the track wasnt good enough. I would check your burnout status first, if the tires got overheated on the burnout you may as well brought iceskates.
Burnouts were fine. In fact I even told her to stop doing them because I thought the same thing.
I walked the track before the racing started and it wasn't sticky at all. The guys there wouldn't let me take pics from where I wanted, so I walked back across the track a few minutes later and it was no better.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #18
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

thats really odd, they've been VHTing the crap out of it. I blame it on the cold weather though not the track.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #19
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Send a message via ICQ to karl Send a message via AIM to karl Send a message via MSN to karl
i ran another 12.5 but a 12.53..

they obviously didnt prep the track like they would during the busier season. they were letting us run in the groove. and i got to the track at about 730-8 and left at like 10 got in 9 runs so my guess was that there was 75 cars.

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #20
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl View Post
i ran another 12.5 but a 12.53..

they obviously didnt prep the track like they would during the busier season. they were letting us run in the groove. and i got to the track at about 730-8 and left at like 10 got in 9 runs so my guess was that there was 75 cars.

So it was pretty much street cars not leavingg much rubber or heating the track.

Good numbers too karl.