TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #21
JDMTyler3326
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9917

My Ride:
^

Send a message via AIM to JDMTyler3326
Loving the Forester! This is one of my dream cars to build.
JDMTyler3326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #22
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

I cant wait for snow! woo!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sure!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Ej6Mike; 12-15-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Ej6Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #23
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Thanks man! You guys show me too much love, im flattered

Edit: I just realized this weeks thanksgiving, which means weds night i may try to put togather another photoshoot. More pics coming soon, i promise!

sure!

Last edited by Ej6Mike; 11-22-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #24
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_sleeper View Post
Dude, if you were building an old Subaru Loyale, or a Justy, or even one of several *dime a dozen \ Popular* cars to build....... the attitude you got from outta nowhere was totally uncalled for.
Hopefully he learned from the overwhelming amount of support you've gotten, that while he's entitled to his opinion, putting it out there just to be a dick wasn't the best idea.
Definitely hit up Ryan @ Area1320 for any parts or more involved work you might need.

thanks man, i really appreciate everyones support.
I will consider area1320 when time comes. Truth is.. I really wanted a 2008+ STi for a long time, and still do, but theres the tuner part of me who will never be satisfied with just settling down, so that little voice in my head urges me to follow in the footsteps of a few other SF5 owners ive seen on subaru forums who have swapped in full STi swaps with a few goodies to spare. Im seriously contemplating it for many reasons including, but are not limited to

-Sleeper-like status
-Fast and fun!
-Cheap on insurance
-Much more satisfaction from the aspect of accomplishing it
-Be pretty unique (how many 98-02 foresters do you know with an STi swap?)
-Have the power of an STi with the versatility of a forester ( all that room for stuff!)

sure!

Last edited by Ej6Mike; 11-23-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:10 AM   #25
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

EXACTLY!
Anyone can buy a popular late model car.... New or decent pre-owned.
But to take something a little (or a lot) out of the ordinary & build a beast out of it...... That's a challenge.
Let me know via PM if you need any specific parts, I might be able to help you find them.
I'm not sure how far from Allentown you are, but if it's not too bad of a drive you should come out to one of the Wednesday night meets at the Cedar Crest Blvd. Applebees. It's a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

BTW, OP.... Did you look into the ISC N1 coilovers?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #27
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Quote:
BTW, OP.... Did you look into the ISC N1 coilovers?

I have , but i want something thats somewhat on the soft side. After years of driving a civic that had pretty stiff coilovers, i want to give my buttcheeks a break from the harshness. Im thinking about it tho!

Hey rallysport... thanks! Unite!

sure!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #28
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Anyway...... OP, I really wish I would have gone with the street/comfort Vs. the street/track damping. 20/20 hindsight. Andrew, the owner at AJW said that the street comfort is just a hair stiffer than the typical lowering springs & upgrade struts. Now that I've discovered AutoX I'm sticking with what I have.
BTW, a friend of mine has an STi steering rack he's looking to get rid off. If you're interested I'll get his info to you. Gotta love a crossover that's pretty much built on the same chassis as a WRX.

Last edited by TROLL; 11-26-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Subie_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #29
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Quote:

Anyway...... OP, I really wish I would have gone with the street/comfort Vs. the street/track damping. 20/20 hindsight. Andrew, the owner at AJW said that the street comfort is just a hair stiffer than the typical lowering springs & upgrade struts. Now that I've discovered AutoX I'm sticking with what I have.
BTW, a friend of mine has an STi steering rack he's looking to get rid off. If you're interested I'll get his info to you. Gotta love a crossover that's pretty much built on the same chassis as a WRX.

Hmmm... well i shall look into that, .. street/comfort is what im looking for. As far as that rack is concerned, what advantages does it give me? better steering ratio? From what i understand, anything 2002-2003 WRX wagon will be a direct swap for me (stock for stock)

sure!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #30
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej6Mike View Post
Yeah it did. Its a long bumpy road to your moms house, i wish she lived closer. :/

Hmmm... well i shall look into that, .. street/comfort is what im looking for. As far as that rack is concerned, what advantages does it give me? better steering ratio? From what i understand, anything 2002-2003 WRX wagon will be a direct swap for me (stock for stock)
Better steering ratio. Not to mention it's got less than 10k miles on it. Total loss from a DUI accident. Guy blew a red-light & t-boned the STi. Frame damage did the car in, but almost the entire driveline was salvaged along with most of the front suspension. The rack is all he has left. It's from an 04-05 body style.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #31
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Quote:
Better steering ratio. Not to mention it's got less than 10k miles on it. Total loss from a DUI accident. Guy blew a red-light & t-boned the STi. Frame damage did the car in, but almost the entire driveline was salvaged along with most of the front suspension. The rack is all he has left. It's from an 04-05 body style.

Hmmm, this does sound interesting... I hope your friend is alright from that. That aside, how much would he ask for the rack?

sure!
Old 11-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #32
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej6Mike View Post
Hmmm, this does sound interesting... I hope your friend is alright from that. That aside, how much would he ask for the rack?
He wasn't in the wreck, fortunately. He bought it from the owner. The owner was pretty much ok. Messed up his neck for a while, but he recovered.
I don't want to break forum rules, I'll pm the info on the rack.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:11 AM   #33
06slow6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16493

My Ride:
is slow

ej6: throw in some nice comfy seats with a good set of coils and you'll feel like your driving around on your couch lol

06slow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #34
boostboy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16913

My Ride:
94 eg hatch

i think that the forester looks sick man, ive always wanted one. keep up the build ill be watching!!
boostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #35
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostboy View Post
i think that the forester looks sick man, ive always wanted one. keep up the build ill be watching!!
Thanks man! ill be sure to try and not to disappoint... ask anyone who knows me and my cars lol.

Update:

I finally got around to ordering up a beefy Whiteline 22-24mm adjustable rear sway bar from Evasive Motorsports this morning (black friday sale ftw!) . As soon as it comes this week, ill pair it up with the whiteline rear swaybar links already have and throw it on. Pictures of it/ of the install ,to come as soon as it gets here!

edit: Heres a quick vid from whiteline themself, explaining how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ISNWRMB6c4

sure!

Last edited by Ej6Mike; 11-26-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #36
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Sweet! New parts FTW!

Old 11-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #37
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

I lurve pikshars!

I know i know.... I need some TLC and cleaning under the hood here

And my smiley flap loves my OE muffler apparently.

Update:

Picked up a new set of 9006 4300k HID bulbs (only) for my fogs ( currently have set of 3000k in there) and ordered some yellow fog/headlight Laminex Film. I did this because i love the look of yellow fog housings and theres no use having yellow HIDs behind yellow fogs.

sure!

Last edited by Ej6Mike; 11-26-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #38
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

So i was contemplating custom fabbing a Heatsheild to isolate the intake filter. Ive seen pics of it done before, and from what i understand, all i need is a 1 foot by 1 foot (at least) piece of sturdy sheet metal, ... in other words, nothing too flimsy. Ive taken a trip to home depot and lowes, but to no avail, all they offer is flimsy sheet metal. Any advice of what type of shop or store would sell such metal? (talking like.. 1/8th inch thickness.)

sure!
Old 11-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #39
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

yellow fogs ftw! I painted mine with stained glass paint last year. Looks really good.

Rally Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #40
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8422

Send a message via AIM to sleeperSL2
Looks good! I like how it's coming together..

don't think it's the same model..but still. haha

Kyle
sleeperSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote