TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #301
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodder View Post
awesome. Lol
Thanks

And try not to mind JP too much lol. He's a GTO owner, and an overly aggressive one at that......Im assuming u know all this stigmas associated with such a man and we dont need to go into them any further. lmao

He's one of those guys u have to just let be wrong on most occasions
Old 01-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #302
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
Thanks

And try not to mind JP too much lol. He's a GTO owner, and an overly aggressive one at that......Im assuming u know all this stigmas associated with such a man and we dont need to go into them any further. lmao

He's one of those guys u have to just let be wrong on most occasions
Everything you said was true
Old 01-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #303
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
It really isn't 1/2 as hard as you make to seem.
Ok then, if u like we can meet up in the next blizzard at the huge hill I drove the M3 up. Its about 1 mile at a 3 or 4% grade, theres one turn. First one to the top wins. and then by we will judge by the time margin u are behind mine if it is "Half as hard" as u claim it is, or if it will indeed take u a half hour or more to get up the hill safely.............man, I hope ur car isnt modded cuz the last thing ur gonna need is more torque. lmao

Only other difficulty for u here, is will ur car be up to the task of getting to my town in a blizzard.......that alone would be an impressive feat lol
Old 01-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #304
ScarletSaturn
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16162

My Ride:
2008 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Miata

Send a message via AIM to ScarletSaturn
Quote:
Albert, go follow some girl to takeout and tell her about the pigeons while staring at her folding her panties in the laundry room lmfao (true story for anyone who cares ;) )

mods, this is a roomate affair.....no infractions necessary lol

That said, yeah, even FWD is awful in the snow, probably worse than RWD. Driving that ratty old Saturn in the snow was an exercise in stupidity, and I did it more than once. Such as literally driving off someone's driveway (Not my fault, they didn't shovel it and I had no idea where it was as I backed up) and then pushing it back onto the driveway, or getting it stuck on a shallow hill (119 crank HP isn't that useful).

Which is why I'm looking at an E46 330xi or a G35x, or an LGT.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #305
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletSaturn View Post
That said, yeah, even FWD is awful in the snow, probably worse than RWD. Driving that ratty old Saturn in the snow was an exercise in stupidity, and I did it more than once. Such as literally driving off someone's driveway (Not my fault, they didn't shovel it and I had no idea where it was as I backed up) and then pushing it back onto the driveway, or getting it stuck on a shallow hill (119 crank HP isn't that useful).

Which is why I'm looking at an E46 330xi or a G35x, or an LGT.
FWD > RWD in the snow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #306
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
Quote:
JJM, u may get by, but ur 100% mistaken to say that snow performance in rwd or fwd cars is even close to awd cars.....it just is not and that is a verifiable fact. Hate on subaru for being **** on by the v6 mustang on the track all u want.....it deserves it. But dont even try to say a subaru is inferior to any of the cars tested in the snow....because it isnt.....not by a long shot, and yes i include the evo in that list. Evos do great in the snow, but not like subarus do.....not even close.
in your zealous defense of subaru, you misread what i wrote. i never said rwd or fwd were on par with awd, but rwd with proper tires isnt like playing roulette with your life every time you go out in poor weather conditions. i bought a jeep as a 2nd car because i know my lotus isnt exactly a model of snow performance.
truthfully, if i wasnt driving a car where a fender bender can/will total it, and my only vehicle was rwd, i wouldnt hesitate driving in any conditions with the right tires. it truly isnt that bad.

i love how off track this thread has gone. i usually wouldnt have even got involved in the snow performance debate, but the subaru drivers brought it to that because the fact remains:

THIS PARTICULAR ARTICLE has a car that i could rent from hertz for 40 bucks a day beating a "limited production high performance vehicle" around a legitimate track while bouncing off its top speed limited.

and for the record, my evo was a total beast in the snow. points for a funny analogy though.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #307
JB'sLGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #10156

My Ride:
05 Legacy GT, 97 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
i love how off track this thread has gone. i usually wouldnt have even got involved in the snow performance debate, but the subaru drivers brought it to that because the fact remains:

THIS PARTICULAR ARTICLE has a car that i could rent from hertz for 40 bucks a day beating a "limited production high performance vehicle" around a legitimate track while bouncing off its top speed limited.
Hertz won't rent a car with a "track package". It goes against everything in their fine print. They also only rent automatics. Even the GT 350H was an auto.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #308
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

Send a message via AIM to Supraru
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sLGT View Post
Hertz won't rent a car with a "track package". It goes against everything in their fine print. They also only rent automatics. Even the GT 350H was an auto.
Doesn't sound like that would beat an sti then.

I actually read the article. Obviously they did that whole track package and brakes thing. They even mentioned under the mustang the upgraded rims, tires, and suspension......under the sti there was no upgrades mentioned. Has me wondering if it could even beat it stock for stock around the track with just the same tires.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #309
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Lock it already

*CK*
Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #310
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
Lock it already
Not entertaining enough for you?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #311
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Not entertaining enough for you?
Lol its giving me and my subi a bad name

*CK*
Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #312
psymos
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #18735

My Ride:
07 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousck View Post
lol its giving me and my subi a bad name
+123456789
Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #313
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:

Quote:
I learned a very long time ago not to care what other people think about me. I do what I do, like what I like, and drive what I drive. I never bought my car because I thought other people would like it or it was really popular.

Last edited by Supraru; 01-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #314
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

A subaru still takes the cake when it comes to bad road conditions tho... hehe.

sure!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #315
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
As not to call names... this thread is completely retarded.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #316
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckpat03 View Post
As not to call names... this thread is completely retarded.
I do believe no one is forcing you to read this thread or post responses.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #317
Rado_VR6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #17048

My Ride:
.:R32 #3006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
The amount of boost your pushing is not the only factor determining how much power your gonna make.

Sure you can tune an STi to hit 21 psi, but your not gonna be running alot of timing. Once you hit a certain point you have to sacrifice one for the other.
100% of the time, it works everytime. Except for when your pump fails.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2011, 03:34 AM   #318
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Quote:
U need not worry, u drive a GD Sti.......our cars were on par with M3s and Porsche carreras. Its the new ones that have royally **** the bed. I just laugh at the new Stis, theyre ok, but nowhere near the beast my 04 was back in its day when compared to its competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
in your zealous defense of subaru, you misread what i wrote. i never said rwd or fwd were on par with awd, but rwd with proper tires isnt like playing roulette with your life every time you go out in poor weather conditions. i bought a jeep as a 2nd car because i know my lotus isnt exactly a model of snow performance.
truthfully, if i wasnt driving a car where a fender bender can/will total it, and my only vehicle was rwd, i wouldnt hesitate driving in any conditions with the right tires. it truly isnt that bad.

and for the record, my evo was a total beast in the snow. points for a funny analogy though.
Ur right dude, and in case u havent noticed, regarding the article I have left the subaru defense camp and joined the attack, if u remember I have disliked the new Sti since I first heard about/ saw it lol.

At this point, I gotta give Ford alotta credit....I really do. They are putting out some knockout products right now, the new Stang being the best of them IMO. Im very glad to see the base mustang is finally a legitimate sports car. Now there is no mustang that is a piece of **** anymore. All the stangs offered are exactly what they should have been all along in their respective markets. They have stepped their game up and hopefully they will keep it up. I just wish I have bought Ford stock when it was at $1.40 a share back in 08........DAMN!!!!!!! lol

But also, overall I think everyone is taking this a bit far......u gotta stop and look at what every car they tested actually offers, and u'll find that all of them are in fact great cars. so at the end of the day this whole argument doesnt mean **** at all, cuz nomatter which car someone buys they are gonna be having a great time with it. And that fact alone is what everyone seems to forget. People compare things that are both superb and all of a sudden one is all great and the other one is a piece of ****.......that just isnt the case at all, and I hate hearing people talk like that cuz their ****ing retarded.

Weather u buy the V6 stang or an Sti, ur buying a serious car with some serious performance capabilities. The mustang does offer some exceptional value though compared to the subaru. and that is a problem that subaru has neglected to deal with, even when "updating" the WRX lineup......shame on them. I was legitimately hoping for a 350+hp sharper handling sti, and what i got was the same old **** with some stiffer springs and thicker sways, and still with all that BS understeer dialed into it. Glad to have the sedan back with the obnoxious wing, but the style means nothing without the performance. It needs to be fixed.

And at this point is is BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that the Sti and WRX are making basically the same exact power. Only difference is in the transmission as far as straight line speed goes, basic suspension bits and of course the brembo brakes......all of which makes the STi worth having over the wrx, but if u ask me they are still too close for the price/image gap. the 5 speed is proven to be a POS, so i say give both cars the 6 speed, and maybe change ratios around a bit, rate the wrx at the power it really makes and then go make a REAL STi that is a sharp performance machine which will give an E92 M3 a heart attack.......thats what Sti customers really want, and clearly what WRX customers are already getting in their car, so nothing gets worse, everything gets better, more cars will be sold.......not that sales are currently in trouble tho lol
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #319
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:

Quote:
U need not worry, u drive a GD Sti.......our cars were on par with M3s and Porsche carreras. Its the new ones that have royally **** the bed. I just laugh at the new Stis, theyre ok, but nowhere near the beast my 04 was back in its day when compared to its competition.

Ur right dude, and in case u havent noticed, regarding the article I have left the subaru defense camp and joined the attack, if u remember I have disliked the new Sti since I first heard about/ saw it lol.
Again why do you believe your car is better then the new Sti stock for stock? You do realize the previous Sti at vir only ran somewhere in the 3:16 range and the gd sti's stock equipped with stickier tires. Again stop talking out of your ass.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #320
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Again why do you believe your car is better then the new Sti stock for stock? You do realize the previous Sti at vir only ran somewhere in the 3:16 range and the gd sti's stock equipped with stickier tires. Again stop talking out of your ass.
I feel dirty defending Ndumbz but...

You need to work on your reading comprehension broseph stalin.

Quote:
Meaning...how the STi matched up to its competition back in 2004. As opposed to the STi not even coming close to matching its competition in 2011. He was pointing out how the older STi was much more of a competitve match....stock for stock...with other cars at the time.

2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean

Last edited by Khellen; 01-14-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Closed Thread