TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #261
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

Send a message via AIM to Supraru
Quote:
Originally Posted by upperguy View Post
Dude, don't even bother. I take it you haven't bothered reading the entire thread or you would understand that this guy doesn't process information like other people. There is a reason I used the cheeseburger defense to end the discussion.
Which is why you're about as intelligent as him. I'll tell you what. Get yourself a new sti. Tune it to 21.5 psi with zero mods on it. I'll give you 5k if it lasts all year daily driving it and hitting boost not just driving like a granny. You're just as bad of an internet talker as he is.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #262
92awdtsi
Tri-State Addict

Member #8248

My Ride:
92 talon tsi awd

first of all i wouldn't buy a new sti.... why? because it got smoked by a v6 mustang.... 2nd. You would have to turn the injector flow rate up to compensate for the extra boost. Yes it will work.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #263
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92awdtsi View Post
first of all i wouldn't buy a new sti.... why? because it got smoked by a v6 mustang.... 2nd. You would have to turn the injector flow rate up to compensate for the extra boost. Yes it will work.
Ah damn. I guess all the Sti owners and tuners are suckers then. Just think, because you said you can do it that means it's safe. You ever think of becoming a tuner? You could be a millionaire....
Old 01-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #264
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Ah damn. I guess all the Sti owners and tuners are suckers then. Just think, because you said you can do it that means it's safe. You ever think of becoming a tuner? You could be a millionaire....
LOL. 92awdtsi is 100% correct. You sir, are severely lacking in knowledge on the topic you are discussing. I'm not really sure why you're arguing, when you admitted yourself you don't even know how much boost a custom tune adds. If you don't even know that, how can you be so sure that a stock STi can't hold 21.5 psi? I'll give you a hint: there are 2.0L WRX guys running upwards of 20 psi on the stock td-04 midget snail with impressive results. Of course the turbo is operating WAY outside of it's efficiency range, but it works and makes power. IIRC there are a couple guys running 11s on the stock turbo.

Just stop it already dude. You're not doing anyone any favors. Especially the level-headed and mature subaru owners among us.

That said, as an unabashed subaru fanboi, I'm am extremely saddened by this news. Subaru really dropped the ball completely in 08, and it had been in the midst of a fumble ever since bringing the STi to the states.

Subaru gained an enormous amount of popularity in the states when they introduced the wrx. At the time, there was nothing even close to it's price range that could come close to beating it in any performance category. Then as other companies started coming out with competition, subaru stopped improving the platform, while basically doing nothing other than styling changes between 04-present.

The current STi has the same exact engine and transmission that the 04s did, but the body styling has been changed 3 times. While all the other car companies have been busy playing catch up, subaru has been using that time figuring out how to make their line-up as bland as possible.

You make me sad, subaru.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by rodder; 01-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #265
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodder View Post
LOL. 92awdtsi is 100% correct. You sir, are severely lacking in knowledge on the topic you are discussing. I'm not really sure why you're arguing, when you admitted yourself you don't even know how much boost a custom tune adds. If you don't even know that, how can you be so sure that a stock STi can't hold 21.5 psi? I'll give you a hint: there are 2.0L WRX guys running upwards of 20 psi on the stock td-04 midget snail with impressive results. Of course the turbo is operating WAY outside of it's efficiency range, but it works and makes power. IIRC there are a couple guys running 11s on the stock turbo.

Just stop it already dude. You're not doing anyone any favors. Especially the level-headed and mature subaru owners among us.
You stated mature but you didn't state where you said you could read and comprehend. Yes with cars with the appropriate mods on the stock turbo can push 21 psi. I was never debating that. I know plenty of guys on stock turbo's and a stock block doing so. I stated 100 percent stock which means stock exhaust that it would be a huge risk running that kind of psi. Your boy there claimed it could be done only because his dsm was able to push a certain psi with a 2.0l with a tune and a full exhaust.

Hate on me to hate on me but don't just throw out information without backing it up. Please show me where someone has continually ran 21 or above psi safely on a 100 percent show room stock sti and I will admit that I was wrong. As I stated if this were the case your boy would be tuning cars because I sure as hell haven't seen it unless modded appropriately.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #266
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

14 pages.....really?

*CK*
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #267
boostjunky
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5261

My Ride:
1993 D27, 1994 D22A, 2004 CS7A

Send a message via AIM to boostjunky
You"re telling me...27 through Tapatalk.

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #268
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Its only 7 pages of Scoobie butthurt for me(user CP lets you set up how many posts per page)
Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #269
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:

Is there a way to delete butt hurt subi posts in the CP? lol

*CK*
Old 01-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #270
boostjunky
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5261

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
Is there a way to delete butt hurt subi posts in the CP? lol
Lol. Sig worthy.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #271
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:

lol seriously...if there were there would be 10 posts.

*CK*
Old 01-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #272
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
The amount of boost your pushing is not the only factor determining how much power your gonna make.

Sure you can tune an STi to hit 21 psi, but your not gonna be running alot of timing. Once you hit a certain point you have to sacrifice one for the other.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #273
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
This would be a great time for I_Ride_Fiero to post a picture of his car in this thread.
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #274
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

the v6 mustang can't beat this

bitches!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #275
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
You stated mature but you didn't state where you said you could read and comprehend. Yes with cars with the appropriate mods on the stock turbo can push 21 psi. I was never debating that. I know plenty of guys on stock turbo's and a stock block doing so. I stated 100 percent stock which means stock exhaust that it would be a huge risk running that kind of psi. Your boy there claimed it could be done only because his dsm was able to push a certain psi with a 2.0l with a tune and a full exhaust.

Hate on me to hate on me but don't just throw out information without backing it up. Please show me where someone has continually ran 21 or above psi safely on a 100 percent show room stock sti and I will admit that I was wrong. As I stated if this were the case your boy would be tuning cars because I sure as hell haven't seen it unless modded appropriately.
LOL @ not throwing out information without backing it up.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #276
boostjunky
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5261

My Ride:

Also, don't get me wrong. There are subes I like but they are far from being gods gift to the accelerator pedal.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #277
Bubba Ho-Tep
Tri-State Addict

Member #558

My Ride:
2014 Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
14 pages.....really?
I started World War III.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #278
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodder View Post
LOL @ not throwing out information without backing it up.
I already admitted I am not a tuner....that being said I have never heard of a 100% stock sti running 21lbs for a long period of time without causing damage somewhere. It's easy for someone like you or your friends to say yes stock sti's can run 21 lbs of boost safely for a decent period of time with no issues. Me on the other hand have not seen this but all you magical internet wannabe tuners claim it's possible. Since this is new information to me I'm asking to see proof of this. So far none has been provided just a lot of lol'ing no facts.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #279
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostjunky View Post
Also, don't get me wrong. There are subes I like but they are far from being gods gift to the accelerator pedal.

I don't see anyone bragging about sti's and how fast they are.....well maybe ndubz but he's been long gone.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #280
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

I realized my favorite part about my subaru compared to it's FWD or RWD competitors on the way to work today... I can enjoy my car all year round and actually look forward to driving in the snow.

SO TAKE THAT!! :p

Add in the fact that I love snowboarding and need to be out on the road in the worst weather we get if I want to enjoy riding when conditions are the best and there's just no other choice for me but a subaru.

That said, if I lived in So Cal or somewhere that didn't ever see snow I'd definitely have something RWD for my daily.

Closed Thread