TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Mazda Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

Send a message via AIM to driftingrx5.7 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingrx5.7
Difference between the N/A Diff and the T2 diff on a fc

Ok so I have been looking around for information about the Rx7. I had some pics that i found a long time ago on my hard drive and so i put them up on photobucket. Everything in the pics are labeled which is NA and which is T2. i hope this helps out some!

^ the bigger one is the T2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
driftingrx5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
for the RWD newbs such as me, what does this mean??
Old 04-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:
88 RX7 TII, 2012 WRX hatch

Send a message via AIM to Silverfc88
For guys who might be looking for a T2 diff for a swap, replace an older blown one. Some 3rd gen owners like the S4 T2 clutch type lsd for there strength and locking characteristics. Not all non turbo diffs are open, there are a few non turbo lsd's floating around.
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj
Silverfc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

Send a message via AIM to driftingrx5.7 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingrx5.7
yeah i have an S4 T2 rear end on my vert. i owned an 87 t2 and it pretty much blew up so i saved a lot of it and one was the s4 rear end! as for what does it mean for the RWD noob. All it is is how to tell the difference between the stronger rear end (T2) vs the weaker rear end. I am not saying that the na is not good but when you put more power in your FC you will need a better rear end. If you look at the size of the T2 rear end and the others you will see its bigger and beefier and it will hold the power better thats all. The reason why i posted it is because i have seen a lot of guys get "t2" rear ends and putting it in and it blowing and not knowing how to tell what was what thats all!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
driftingrx5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
M.V.'s FD
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #802

My Ride:
93 RX-7

Send a message via AIM to M.V.'s FD
I have a T2 diff sitting in the garage waiting for a rebuild/install in my FD! That eliminates the weaker link(torsen lsd) but introduces the next...the case inherits the stress...

Well it goes a long way but its not over...its always a battle when doubling if not tripling the oem power output!

ENJOY!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
toplessFC3Sman
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8692

My Ride:
1988 Mazda RX-7 'vert

Also, for you miata guys, the NA diff is the same size as your diffs, so if you wanted to switch to a clutch-type (S4, 1986-88 GXL, GTU) LSD for stronger lock-up when drifting or soemthing, you know how to spot one.
toplessFC3Sman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
BLKSheep5
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14034

My Ride:
01' Dodge Dakota R/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplessFC3Sman View Post
Also, for you miata guys, the NA diff is the same size as your diffs, so if you wanted to switch to a clutch-type (S4, 1986-88 GXL, GTU) LSD for stronger lock-up when drifting or soemthing, you know how to spot one.
unsure if you would know, but, do you have to swap out the drive shaft and the axles as well to fit say my 90' miata (NA) cause i've gone through the 6' the 1.8s have 7'. I just want something i won't have to worry about when i boost my car.

ps. i replaced with another 6'.. just until i boost
BLKSheep5 is offline   Reply With Quote