TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > Vendor Specials
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:
the one in the back of the shop

Cobb Speed Density 2.5L Pro Tune MEGA DISCOUNT SALE!!!!!

Thats right, Subys can now finally be tuned in speed density. Below is the press release from Cobb to all the authorized ProTuners

COBB Tuning is proud to announce the immediate availability of our proprietary Speed Density (SD) tuning solution for all currently-supported 2.5L USDM turbocharged Subaru vehicles! This capability is available as a free update to our AccessTUNER Pro software and AccessPORT firmware. Our implementation of Speed Density adds our proprietary tuning logic to the factory ECU, enabling it to calculate load, ignition and fueling requirements using the engine’s manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor, instead of the factory mass airflow (MAF) sensor. COBB Tuning’s exclusive Realtime tuning capabilities and Hybrid Logic (active switching between MAP and MAF based logic) make this a uniquely powerful and flexible engine management solution. Read on for more details about the work COBB Tuning is doing to make sure the AccessPORT is the most comprehensive OEM ECU tuning solution available for Subaru performance enthusiasts.

Why Speed Density
The most basic function of an engine control unit (ECU) is to measure airflow and its translation to engine load. Precise and consistent load calculations along with feedback from other critical sensors allow the ECU to accurately control ignition timing, variable camshafts, and fuel delivery. The most common way to measure load in modern vehicles is with a MAF sensor. Vehicles with stock engines and mild upgrades can utilize the MAF sensor with excellent overall results. However, in big-build and motorsports applications where power levels are extremely high and intake airflow configurations are less standardized, the use of a MAF sensor can be limiting.

Speed Density tuning using the Subaru factory ECU is a major break-through for high-power Subaru builds. High-power builds using the OEM MAF sensor require very large MAF intake housings to keep the MAF sensor within its usable range, which introduces reduced resolution and unpredictable turbulence that can affect tunability and drivability. Eliminating the need for a very large, high-quality MAF intake housing using Speed Density tuning logic allows for more flexibility when designing a turbo kit and the associated piping and plumbing. Speed Density tuning gives precise control over fueling, timing and other critical tuning components necessary to properly calibrate the vehicle at the very high power levels that today’s big Subaru builds are capable of producing.

Hybrid Logic – Ultimate Flexibility
The Speed Density update for AccessTUNER Pro software offers multiple ECU control modes to give the professional tuner and AccessPORT user a wider choice of engine modifications and tuning options. The software can program the ECU to run in the traditional pure MAF mode, a pure “Speed Density” mode, or a Hybrid Mode which uses both MAF and “Speed Density” with dynamic logic switching between the two.

Ease of Conversion
In order to make the transition to Speed Density as painless as possible, COBB Tuning has streamlined the process within the AccessTUNER software. Simply open an existing MAF-based calibration using the new Speed Density enabled software and resave the map. All of the tables from the MAF-based calibration will be loaded into the Speed Density based calibration. You are now ready to start tuning the Volumetric Efficiency (VE) table without the need of starting a new calibration from scratch!

Speed Density Availability
This initial release of Speed Density is available for professional tuning shops using AccessTUNER Pro software for turbocharged Subaru USDM vehicles. Speed Density for AccessTUNER Race is currently in development and will be made available to self-tuners once development and testing is completed. “Off-The-Shelf” maps will not be made available for Speed Density as custom calibration specific to each vehicle is required.
Currently, the following USDM 2.5L turbocharged Subaru vehicles are supported:

2008-2012 STI
2004-2007 STI
2008-2012 WRX
2006-2007 WRX
2007-2011 Forester XT
2004-2006 Forester XT
2007-2011 Legacy GT
2005-2006 Legacy GT
2009 Impreza GT / 2.5GT

We are in the process of investigating the feasibility of implementing Speed Density on 2.0L turbocharged Subaru vehicles. More information on this will be available soon.

To kick off this Subaru tuning milestone, R/T Tuning is offering greatly discounted tuning rates on Speed density Tunes

***Purchase a COBB AP from R/T Tuning and receive 1/2 off your COBB Speed Density Tune!!!

***Have your existing COBB AP?? NO big deal either, receive 25% off your COBB Speed Density Pro Tune!!!

***Also If you have a COBB AP and looking to some bolt ons?? We can take care of that too....Purchase parts here and have R/T tuning install them and receive 50% off you COBB Speed Density ProTune!!!

Call to make an appt

***Note*** for higher then 23psi applications, a separate MAP sensor would have to be purchased through R/T Tuning to take advantage of these great deals

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

We have a few guys interested in this speed density tuning already! We think this is going to work out really well for all of you high horsepower Subaru guys.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

setting up some guys now...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

still looking for the first tristate member to take advantage of this deal!!!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

bump...

Old 02-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

Had our first speed density tune yesterday... great results will post them shortly

Old 02-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

As promised...

2.5 Liter
CP Pistons
Pauter Rods
Kelford Cams
HTA 3586 Turbo
Saturo Custom UPpipe
Saturo Intercooler and Piping
DW1100cc Injectors
Twin Walbro

Blue=18Psi
Green=21Psi
Red=23Psi

Cust will return with better boost control set up to max out pump gas and see what we can get....

Lil' Vid action

Last edited by Vince@R/TTuning; 02-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

bump...

Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

Link to a customers veiw on his car after is was R/T Tunned on speed Density

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...d.php?t=122932

Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

bump...

Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

bump...

Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

bump...

Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #13
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

bump...

Old 03-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

weekend bump

Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

Bump...

Old 03-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

bump...

Old 03-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #17
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

bump...

Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #18
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

yep yep

Old 04-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Bump for a great deal on speed density tuning.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

closing this down, but still inquire about special SD pricing

Closed Thread