TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Auto-X
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

12/5/2009 SJ SCCA Winter Series Autocross Event #1 of 4

12/5/2009

South Jersey SCCA's first Autocross of the 2009/2010 Winter Series

SJ SCCA has partnered with NJMP to present a 4 event winter series on the skid pad of Lightning where it was held last season. These will be NJMP sanctioned events, organized and equipped by SJR SCCA.

This event will be held at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ at the following address...

8000 Dividing Creek Road
Millville, NJ 08332

http://njmp.com/directions.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dividi...i=map&ct=title

Logistics

The below link has all of the info you'll need to attend this event as well as the dates for all of SJ SCCA's events. Rental helmets and instructor ride alongs will be available free of charge, these events are rain or shine (although snow is questionable), and feel free to bring your own lunch but there will be food available on site in Lightning's classroom.

http://www.sjr-scca.org/solo.html

Unlike SCCA sanctioned events, newcomers that are not yet SCCA members will not have to pay an extra $15 for these events, so the entry fee will be $35 for EVERYONE. Anyone that has been to one of our South Jersey Region events knows that you will get at least 6 but typically 8 runs in, we can't guarantee that for these events because the attendance may be much higher but we will do everything we can to get you as many runs as possible.

It's free to spectate so if you're not quite ready for this much fun, come on out and check out some fast drivers doing their thing. (Hell, if you want I can even take you out for a roller coaster ride in the Cobra )

Registration

Pre-registration is up at the link below, you don't need to pre-pay so please do pre-register if you think you'll be coming to the event and then if you can't make it for some reason it's no big deal. If you don't pre-register and then you show up it takes a lot longer to add you and your car to the computer in the morning vs. if you preregister and can't make it we just need to hit delete and we're all set. The faster we can get everyone registered the earlier we can start sending cars out and you just may get an extra run or two in there

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/cale...curyearindex=3

Charity Info

A portion of the proceeds from each of the Winter Series events will be going to charity. For this first event, NJMP is hosting a Coats for Kids charity drive. Select local school children, chosen from the school based on need, will visit New Jersey Motorsports Park on December 11 to choose a new winter coat, a pair of gloves or mittens, a hat or a scarf, a book, and enjoy a hot, healthy lunch. Anyone that arrives at the Dec. 5th event with the donation of a new coat will receive a $5.00 discount on your entry fee for the event. (Please note that the coats must be new, with tags attached) More information about the Coats for Kids program can be found on the NJMP site here: http://njmp.com/news/news.php?newsID=110

For the remaining events, NJMP will donate a portion of each entry fee to Laps to Conquer MS. More info about LCMS can be found here: http://www.lapstoconquerms.org/

Buffet Dinner

After each event, there will be a buffet dinner at the Officer's Club so everyone can get together to warm up and do some bench racing about the day's event. Price will be $15.95 per person for all you can eat with a cash bar. The track has requested reservations for the buffet so they can have an idea of how many will be attending. Reservations can be made at: fgruber@njmp.com or 856-327-7204.

Again, always feel free to PM me with any questions or you can head on over to our forum and say hello or ask any questions you may have...

http://www.sjr-scca.org/forums/ipb/index.php?

Here's a quick video from our event in August...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz0GnXOrayE

And here are my pictures from the last Winter Series...
http://www.ciottiindustries.com/gall...v=thumbs&Qis=L
http://www.ciottiindustries.com/gall...v=thumbs&Qis=L

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by Ciotti; 11-18-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
boostinsidewayz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1660

My Ride:
2000 hawkula, 99 JDM Saturn

Send a message via AIM to boostinsidewayz
lol at sean being in andre's class now

if the wagon is done i'll be out in that, if not i'll be trying to co drive someones car.

ciotti do you know who jack oliver is? the chief of safety, he has a spyder maybe he'd let me co drive that
Anyway. I just wanted to man up and apologize for what I did. I was a complete @$$hole. I talked to John today, and told him I was WAY out of line. He and you guys had every right to be mad at me, and what I did/said. Truth be told, I feel really bad about it; as I should. Again man, im sorry for what I said. Just uncalled for, and plain out wrong.

Last edited by boostinsidewayz; 11-18-2009 at 01:35 PM.
boostinsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Jack is super cool Steve, I'll find him for you the morning of the event so you can ask him if you can co-drive his S. If you can't, the Cobra could definitely use a tire warmer in this frigid weather so you're welcome to rock it till the wheels fall off with me

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
i'll most likely attend all 4. its been a while

jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
boostinsidewayz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1660

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciotti View Post
Jack is super cool Steve, I'll find him for you the morning of the event so you can ask him if you can co-drive his S. If you can't, the Cobra could definitely use a tire warmer in this frigid weather so you're welcome to rock it till the wheels fall off with me
i was hoping to get ahold of him before hand, but if your car is available i might just do that lol. you still looking to do the tire deal next season?
Anyway. I just wanted to man up and apologize for what I did. I was a complete @$$hole. I talked to John today, and told him I was WAY out of line. He and you guys had every right to be mad at me, and what I did/said. Truth be told, I feel really bad about it; as I should. Again man, im sorry for what I said. Just uncalled for, and plain out wrong.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

What time does it start?
I want to take pictures, but I need to be at work by 12PM
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
boostinsidewayz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1660

My Ride:

first car off is normally 10
Old 11-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinsidewayz View Post
lol at sean being in andre's class now

if the wagon is done i'll be out in that, if not i'll be trying to co drive someones car.

ciotti do you know who jack oliver is? the chief of safety, he has a spyder maybe he'd let me co drive that
I'd rather get beat by a subaru than Ciotti...
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
boostinsidewayz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1660

My Ride:

why atleast ciotti has a cobra lol.

i kinda wanna drive the mr2 cause i wanna see if i can make my IBYWYOC record 3-0
Old 11-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

We'll figure out the tire deal once these 285's are dead Steve. They aren't nearly as destroyed as I thought they would be and probably have at least 2 or 3 more events left in them. If I can get any heat in them so that they're not as hard as plastic at these events, I'll leave them on and beat the ass out of them, but if they won't come up to temperature I'll have to take them off and get a set of all seasons until it warms up, so we'll play it by ear.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Maybe I can come out with my buddies civic. I didn't join SCCA this year so I'm gonna get nailed- it should be wirth it. If there is snow on the ground, I'll make the first rounds with my blizzak's.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
I didn't join SCCA this year so I'm gonna get nailed
You're gonna get nailed as in you're gonna get beat?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #13
JB'sLGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #10156

My Ride:
05 Legacy GT, 97 M3

I'm gonna miss this event. I'll be in Cali tearing up some canyon roads in a nice little 2 seater Chevy.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
Clutch
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #13160

My Ride:
2002 Honda S2000

Funny how I got the SCCA membership to race this year, but haven't done a single race yet. I gotta get back into this.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
phate1229
Tri-State Addict

Member #8613

My Ride:
98 Foz

Send a message via AIM to phate1229
I will try as hard as I can to get my mr2 ready for this but honestly I don't see it happening any time soon.
phate1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
AJ Hartman
Tri-State Addict

Member #10560

My Ride:
98 Mustang/99 mustang

i think i actually might be taking the road race car to atco cause my buddy wants to take his beamer. Im gonna have slicks at all 4 corners. obviously cause its a 4x4 mustang. haha.
AJ Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #17
exhaust_note
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #612

My Ride:
Anything I can get into.

Send a message via AIM to exhaust_note
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
Maybe I can come out with my buddies civic. I didn't join SCCA this year so I'm gonna get nailed- it should be wirth it.

Unlike SCCA sanctioned events, newcomers that are not yet SCCA members will not have to pay an extra $15 for these events, so the entry fee will be $35 for EVERYONE.
exhaust_note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Think I might break the Mini's cherry and make my way over.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #19
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Come on out brother, those cars may as well have been purpose built for autocross

Old 11-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
njsharkracer
Tri-State Addict

Member #10574

My Ride:
2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think I will join in for these 4 events.

EDIT - registered for first event.

Last edited by njsharkracer; 11-29-2009 at 02:39 PM.
njsharkracer is offline   Reply With Quote