TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Auto-X
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #41
dres2k
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4272

My Ride:
07' S2000 and 99' 4Runner 4x4

^ good thing they're laid back...i just pre-registered today, than got a phone call from my sister saying that we're going to AC for father's day, so I can't make this one either lol
HKS HiperMax 3 Sports - Fujita CAI - T1R 70R-EM Dual - Invidia 70MM TP - Safety-21 5 Point Rollbar - Spoon X-Brace - Enkei NT03's - Engraved Pearl Voodoo Shift Knob - Project Kics R40 NeoChrono - Alpine CDA-9886 with Modifry DCI - Polk DB651 - V1 Radar Detector - Tint all around 50/20 - OEM Lip (broke off
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
) - Cusco Rad. Cap
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dres2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #42
ronnycage
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #10788

My Ride:
2001 honda s2000

im not 100% sure but i might make a return to autox next weekend we shall see.
ronnycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #43
armyguy6566
Tri-State Addict

Member #12658

My Ride:
RIP 2004 VW Jetta 2.slow

Send a message via AIM to armyguy6566
i would love to come out and do this but i'm broke. Hopefully they have it at whatever duty station i go to.
"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America, and a country boys good enough for me, son."

RIP SGT Germaine Debro and SSG Jeffrey Hansen
armyguy6566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #44
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnycage View Post
im not 100% sure but i might make a return to autox next weekend we shall see.
Yes, but will it be a triumphant return is the question

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #45
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciotti View Post
It also promotes the use of preregistration as there is no risk of losing money and the more preregistered cars there are the easier it is on the event organizers. At the South Jersey events there are almost never more than 2 or 3 people in line at a time at registration because mostly everyone has preregistered. All they need to do is sign a waiver and pay which sure beats waiting in line for a half hour at registration behind a sea of walk ons that didn't want to preregister and risk losing their money
Yeah, I'm new to the software, so it'd be a big help if everyone registered through Axware. Registration closes Friday night.

Quote:
AXWare isn't South Jersey's website, it's a main website that most SCCA regions around the US use for autocross and club racing preregistration, so there's no real way for us to work on it or improve it.
Axware does have capability to accept online payments, but we're set up to not take them. I was meaning to ask about that, but figured I'd let it go until it was an issue. Guess it might be an issue.

Ahren, I hear you're gonna be pretty busy with the region soon. Thanks for helping to keep this going.
IMPREZvWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #46
bronxbomber252
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10826

My Ride:
2001 Honda S2000

I hope we have enough people that Ciotti can take his Sick nasty pics! the AUTOX4U.com guy got some good ones at the Holbert that tell me Im WAY too far from the cones so hopefully I can get a little closer and Ciotti can show me my progress.
2001 S2000
bronxbomber252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #47
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX View Post
Axware does have capability to accept online payments, but we're set up to not take them. I was meaning to ask about that, but figured I'd let it go until it was an issue. Guess it might be an issue.

Ahren, I hear you're gonna be pretty busy with the region soon. Thanks for helping to keep this going.
I think Axware taking online payments is an on/off switch though in that if it's turned on then everyone needs prepay when they preregister like the other regions or if it's off you can prereg but there's no option to prepay. If the software had an option when you're preregistering to prepay or not prepay that would be best but to be honest having as many people prereg as possible and then collecting cash at the event is probably actually the easiest on everyone and has certainly been working for our region.

Yeah it's looking like next year's going to be a hell of an adventure, I do have a lot of experience running events though as I used to plan and host airsoft/paintball games every weekend for 80-120 players back when I was in college so this is just a different version of that really but with more paperwork and behind the scenes action. The only thing I'm worried about is being too busy to take pictures or do instructor runs but Perry manages to squeeze all that in at his events up in North Jersey so Ii have a feeling I can make it work It definitely helps that I know I can count on you and the other main guys to help out with things, that will be huge because it does sound like there is quite a lot to juggle

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 06-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #48
bronxbomber252
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10826

My Ride:
2001 Honda S2000

I don't have a ton of time to give you a set "i can do this or I can do that all the time" but I am more than willing to help where I can, just let me know what you need. I am very good with computers, and I do photograhy aswell among other talents.
2001 S2000
Old 06-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #49
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
I think Axware taking online payments is an on/off switch though in that if it's turned on then everyone needs prepay when they preregister like the other regions or if it's off you can prereg but there's no option to prepay. If the software had an option when you're preregistering to prepay or not prepay that would be best but to be honest having as many people prereg as possible and then collecting cash at the event is probably actually the easiest on everyone and has certainly been working for our region.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbomber252 View Post
I don't have a ton of time to give you a set "i can do this or I can do that all the time" but I am more than willing to help where I can, just let me know what you need. I am very good with computers, and I do photograhy aswell among other talents.
The best thing you could do is show up to the events early. We'll be sure to find you a job. Also, ask Brian, Val, or Mike about helping out with the region.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #50
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
whys it gotta rainn!!! hopefully the weather changes

jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #51
boostinsidewayz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1660

My Ride:
2000 hawkula, 99 JDM Saturn

Send a message via AIM to boostinsidewayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
whys it gotta rainn!!! hopefully the weather changes
me 2, i'm finishing up my car today, and i really wanna see the difference
Anyway. I just wanted to man up and apologize for what I did. I was a complete @$$hole. I talked to John today, and told him I was WAY out of line. He and you guys had every right to be mad at me, and what I did/said. Truth be told, I feel really bad about it; as I should. Again man, im sorry for what I said. Just uncalled for, and plain out wrong.
boostinsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #52
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
how'd it go yesterday? i was there very early but it starting raining so i left, plus i decided to spend the day with my dad.

jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #53
mann
Tri-State Addict

Member #3824

My Ride:
06 mx-5 turbo

it was good. I initially thought I wasn't going to make it but work was light the night before so I showed up, good thing no prereg is required.

It started off wet, but by the 2nd heat it started to dry off, so just about everyone got in a dry run.

The porsche tried to spoil our fun by very dramatically taking out the timing light at the end.

Best run for me was a 38.5 or something assuming I didn't hit cones those two runs.

Mike

mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #54
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann View Post
The porsche tried to spoil our fun by very dramatically taking out the timing light at the end.
That run was a 36.8 BTW. He was pretty disappointed about that DNF.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #55
bronxbomber252
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10826

My Ride:
2001 Honda S2000

I had a 39.950 but I barely clipped a cone... my best clean run was 40.775
2001 S2000
Old 06-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #56
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann View Post
The porsche tried to spoil our fun by very dramatically taking out the timing light at the end
And for the record, I was NOT driving it at the time! That thing was such a handful all day long, I truly cannot believe that I kept the gas tank in front of the engine all day long. That car truly couldn't be any differentht an mine even if it had a jet engine mounted vertically on it. After a few runs I realized there was no way I was going to be able to make it do what I wanted because it was just so different so I just spent the rest of the day running a proper line and tip toeing around the understeer, I ended up with a clean 38 and I barely barely barely coned on a 37.1

Old 06-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #57
bronxbomber252
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10826

My Ride:
2001 Honda S2000

Yea I was out on course while U were driving... the driving style did not seem nearly as dramatic as your typical driving lol!

I don't even know how many times my Fiance spun the S2k lmao... but hey at least she was aggressive which is more than can be said for most people their first time out.
2001 S2000