TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Auto-X
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 04:35 AM   #21
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Doubt I'll have my car finished in time but if I do I'll come. If not then CBP. Need to get my ass out there again, I can't believe I actually took advice from troll haha
Old 06-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #22
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Doubt I'll have my car finished in time but if I do I'll come. If not then CBP. Need to get my ass out there again, I can't believe I actually took advice from troll haha
Old 06-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #23
boostinsidewayz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1660

My Ride:
2000 hawkula, 99 JDM Saturn

Send a message via AIM to boostinsidewayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmycar View Post
I may come watch.

I didn't know you were also an instructor too.

When's the next Citizens Bank Park one?
6/28

check out autox4u.com for all SNJ, NNJ, and philly events.

CN: make sure you walk the course a lot if you are going to run. and make sure you do the novice walkthrough
Anyway. I just wanted to man up and apologize for what I did. I was a complete @$$hole. I talked to John today, and told him I was WAY out of line. He and you guys had every right to be mad at me, and what I did/said. Truth be told, I feel really bad about it; as I should. Again man, im sorry for what I said. Just uncalled for, and plain out wrong.
boostinsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #24
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmycar View Post
I may come watch.

I didn't know you were also an instructor too.

When's the next Citizens Bank Park one?
I'm not sure, I don't run at their events any more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #25
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinsidewayz View Post
6/28

check out autox4u.com for all SNJ, NNJ, and philly events.

CN: make sure you walk the course a lot if you are going to run. and make sure you do the novice walkthrough
I know how it works I've done it before...just can't be missing slaloms again
Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #26
armyguy6566
Tri-State Addict

Member #12658

My Ride:
RIP 2004 VW Jetta 2.slow

Send a message via AIM to armyguy6566
how much is the entrance fee?
"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America, and a country boys good enough for me, son."

RIP SGT Germaine Debro and SSG Jeffrey Hansen
armyguy6566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #27
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

its free to watch but you gotta pay to run.

Jessie James
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #28
boostinsidewayz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1660

My Ride:
2000 hawkula, 99 JDM Saturn

Send a message via AIM to boostinsidewayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
I know how it works I've done it before
i really hope you're not trying to be cocky. last time you did it, you didnt get one clean run. you missed that slalom every time. so when i try to give you advice, don't tell me that you know how it works.

50 for non members. 35 for members. the extra 15 is for a weekend membership
Anyway. I just wanted to man up and apologize for what I did. I was a complete @$$hole. I talked to John today, and told him I was WAY out of line. He and you guys had every right to be mad at me, and what I did/said. Truth be told, I feel really bad about it; as I should. Again man, im sorry for what I said. Just uncalled for, and plain out wrong.
boostinsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #29
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
i really hope you're not trying to be cocky. last time you did it, you didnt get one clean run. you missed that slalom every time. so when i try to give you advice, don't tell me that you know how it works.

50 for non members. 35 for members. the extra 15 is for a weekend membership
So don't give me advice. I've done the novice walk before, I know what the cone arrangements mean, I don't need your 2 cents in the equation. I missed the slalom because it was my first time and I didn't hear the instructor when I was walking the course when he said "no pointer cone means you can go either direction". Now I know. Don't try and give me noob pointers and try to make yourself look all knowing here.

On a side note, I'll be at a birthday party and my car won't be ready so I'll be at the next local event.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #30
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

Quote:
how dare you try and help someone who's done this once before. Don't you know it only takes one event to be an expert...

Even if he did go off course every single run, that doesn't give you the right to try and help someone who obviously "knows how it works".

Lucky for you there is a birthday party that same weekend or you might get schooled by an expert.

Jessie James
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #31
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysinboost View Post
how dare you try and help someone who's done this once before. Don't you know it only takes one event to be an expert...

Even if he did go off course every single run, that doesn't give you the right to try and help someone who obviously "knows how it works".

Lucky for you there is a birthday party that same weekend or you might get schooled by an expert.
That was clever. For someone who talks so much **** on me (Steve), I don't know why he's giving me advice in the first place. I would expect him not to give any in hopes of me messing up again, that way him and his buddies would have something else to laugh at.."zomg cleanneon missed a cone, lets dwell on this forever! hahahahahah"
Old 06-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Maybe he was being an adult and putting his differences and the past aside to try and help another fellow human being?

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 06-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #33
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciotti View Post
Maybe he was being an adult and putting his differences and the past aside to try and help another fellow human being?
Didn't seem that way to me, not that I really care.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #34
bronxbomber252
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10826

My Ride:
2001 Honda S2000

Well I don't know the history between you two but I know steve and I know how the Autox community is... and honestly CN I think your just being immature and over sensitive. I sincerely doubt that Steve (Or any other Autox guy from around here) would give advice in any way other than trying to legitimately help you out... Some of us have grown up and can put aside differences in the interest of having a good time at Autox and helping out another human being as Ciotti put it
2001 S2000
bronxbomber252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #35
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbomber252 View Post
Well I don't know the history between you two but I know steve and I know how the Autox community is... and honestly CN I think your just being immature and over sensitive. I sincerely doubt that Steve (Or any other Autox guy from around here) would give advice in any way other than trying to legitimately help you out... Some of us have grown up and can put aside differences in the interest of having a good time at Autox and helping out another human being as Ciotti put it
I don't need advice from someone who talks **** on me, nor do I want any association with them whatsoever.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #36
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
i just registered online and never found the option to actually pay for the event. got tired of looking for it and came on here to say i registered and just read your original post. they should at least take payments online after the hassle of looking for the options to continue registering. someone needs to work on that website. o well, i'll see you's there

i also noticed that everybody that registered is a member, except for 1.

stop fighting cleanneon!!

Last edited by jcr557; 06-12-2009 at 06:47 PM.
jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #37
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
i just registered online and never found the option to actually for for the event. got tired of looking for it and came on here to say i registered and just read your original post. they should at least take payments online after the hassle of looking for the options to continue registering. someone needs to work on that website. o well, i'll see you's there

stop fighting cleanneon!!
Not sure why online payments aren't enabled. I would imagine giving refunds for the no-shows would be a pain, but then again if you had to pay to register, more registered cars would probably show up.
IMPREZvWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #38
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
well in philly, if you pay online and dont show up, you lose your money lol and thats how it should be. if you can't make it or not sure, dont register till the day of in person. i guess it helps somehow to move the line faster at the event though.

jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #39
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
well in philly, if you pay online and dont show up, you lose your money lol and thats how it should be. if you can't make it or not sure, dont register till the day of in person. i guess it helps somehow to move the line faster at the event though.
If you let them know before the event, they give you a credit on your account. I had to do that at a philly event last season.
IMPREZvWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #40
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

South Jersey is a more laid back region and they choose to only collect money at the event so that if something comes up at the last minute you're not losing your $35 or $50. It also promotes the use of preregistration as there is no risk of losing money and the more preregistered cars there are the easier it is on the event organizers. At the South Jersey events there are almost never more than 2 or 3 people in line at a time at registration because mostly everyone has preregistered. All they need to do is sign a waiver and pay which sure beats waiting in line for a half hour at registration behind a sea of walk ons that didn't want to preregister and risk losing their money

AXWare isn't South Jersey's website, it's a main website that most SCCA regions around the US use for autocross and club racing preregistration, so there's no real way for us to work on it or improve it.

Last edited by Ciotti; 06-15-2009 at 03:48 PM.