TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Auto-X
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

10/19 AutoX in Philly @ Citizen's Bank Park

Philly SCCA's next event is at Citizen's Bank Park on 10/19, Kristin and I are definitely going, anyone want to meet us there???

http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/view...php?f=8&t=4708

Looks like you will need to preregister and prepay tomorrow and it will fill up extremely fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
wheresmycar
Tri-State Addict

Member #5863

Really! I'm there! But my car has some troubles.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 AM   #3
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

You have all week to get them sorted

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 10-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
Chris215
Tri-State Addict

Member #5115

My Ride:
08 WRX

Send a message via AIM to Chris215
can we just come and spectate? never been to one of these.
Chris215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

I've never been to a Philly SCCA event, but at every North and South Jersey SCCA event spectators are certainly welcome, I can't see why they wouldn't also be at this one.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Roadkilled75
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6074

My Ride:
Two red ones and a green one.

As an FYI for anyone not on the philly forums where they already have a thread about this:

This is the first event run at this site. It is a trial event to show the property owners that events are neighborhood friendly, well organized, etc. If it goes well there should be several regular events there next season.

Therefore:

You must be an SCCA member (no weekend memberships are available this time).

When driving on-site and anywhere in the vicinity, please drive as if your grandmother lives next door.

Please do a really freakin' good job of cleaning up trash, tell people in charge about any fluid spills, etc.

Edit: yes, spectators are always welcome as far as I know. Admission is free, you just have to sign a wavier, it's encouraged that you come in to watch rather than hanging around outside.

Last edited by Roadkilled75; 10-13-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Roadkilled75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
wow thats awesome they're racing down there. unfortunately the same day as etown's track day and i want an excuse to go check that out. i'll keep an eye out for the next one down there, hopefull its a big fast course

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Good call posting that Roadkilled, I should have put that in the main post but it's been busy here at work and I haven't had a chance to edit it, you gonna be there?

Last edited by Ciotti; 10-13-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #9
oneday
Tri-State Addict

Member #5367

My Ride:
E36 M3 Coupe

Only six more days to go! And, there are still 30 slots open.

I know roadkilled75 said it, but it's worth saying again:

[oldmanhat]This is a trial event for the Phillies organization and the Philly SCCA to determine if we car a good fit. If everything goes well the Philly SCCA wil have 4-6 events there next year. It is extremely important that everyone who shows up (competing or spectating) is on their absolute best behavior. Anyone being disrespectful will be asked to leave. This will not be a burn out contest or drifting event. None of the Philly SCCA members (or the Phillies admin) will be impressed with how loud your fartpipe/bov/drift whistle is or how long you can bounce off the rev limiter while you drive by.

This event has taken years (literally) to put together and we want it to go off without a hitch so no dumbassedness will be tolerated.[/oldmanhat]
Old 10-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
Roadkilled75
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6074

My Ride:

I won't be there, I'll be in MD that weekend.

Well, ok, I am thinking about cutting the weekend short and going. It's tempting. I have to drive back to Allentown anyway, philly isn't THAT out of the way...

Then again, no, I'm trying to sell one car and get another running, both of which are stuck in MD. Hey, buy the car in my sig and I'll be more likely to autox next weekend
Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
guess im out...no weekend memberships..lame
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #12
oneday
Tri-State Addict

Member #5367

My Ride:
E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm free View Post
guess im out...no weekend memberships..lame
No weekend membership makes event operations easier, costs us less and makes this a special event for annual members. Plus there is no walk up registration, no need for instructors and everyone there is known and won't risk doing something stupid. We always have some asshat leave/drive by Warminster and do a burnout and that kind of behavior puts a burden on the relationship we have with the community. We can't afford that at CBP.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #13
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday View Post
No weekend membership makes event operations easier, costs us less and makes this a special event for annual members. Plus there is no walk up registration, no need for instructors and everyone there is known and won't risk doing something stupid. We always have some asshat leave/drive by Warminster and do a burnout and that kind of behavior puts a burden on the relationship we have with the community. We can't afford that at CBP.
ive done auto-x's before, and pre-regestering online it gives you the weekend number just like anybody else would have a scca number.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #14
oneday
Tri-State Addict

Member #5367

My Ride:
E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm free View Post
ive done auto-x's before, and pre-regestering online it gives you the weekend number just like anybody else would have a scca number.
Nope, not true (for Philly region; can't, and won't speak for other regions). Your weekend membership must be completed by hand at the event. That means at least one more person to facilitate weekend membership forms.

If you autox enough(five or more times a year), become a member and register for the event! If you've done two events this year you can claim $30 of weekend membership fees towards an annual membership (you just need your weekend member numbers to prove that you spent the $30).
Old 10-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #15
Roadkilled75
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6074

My Ride:

If you're under 24, the full SCCA membership is only $45, so then you are saving money after just 3 events.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #16
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday View Post
Nope, not true (for Philly region; can't, and won't speak for other regions). Your weekend membership must be completed by hand at the event. That means at least one more person to facilitate weekend membership forms.

If you autox enough(five or more times a year), become a member and register for the event! If you've done two events this year you can claim $30 of weekend membership fees towards an annual membership (you just need your weekend member numbers to prove that you spent the $30).
oh aight, ive done one philly event at warminster and registered there.

north jersey does it online.

i didnt get a membership since i didnt know how many i would be doing because of time
Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #17
Chris215
Tri-State Addict

Member #5115

My Ride:
08 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkilled75 View Post
As an FYI for anyone not on the philly forums where they already have a thread about this:

This is the first event run at this site. It is a trial event to show the property owners that events are neighborhood friendly, well organized, etc. If it goes well there should be several regular events there next season.

Therefore:

You must be an SCCA member (no weekend memberships are available this time).

When driving on-site and anywhere in the vicinity, please drive as if your grandmother lives next door.

Please do a really freakin' good job of cleaning up trash, tell people in charge about any fluid spills, etc.

Edit: yes, spectators are always welcome as far as I know. Admission is free, you just have to sign a wavier, it's encouraged that you come in to watch rather than hanging around outside.
alright cool, I want to do some photos so I'll be there.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #18
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Chris, can you do me a favor and take twice as many shots as you normally would of my black Cobra on track at this event? I'm always the photographer at autocrosses and I'll get 200+ pictures of everyone else but nothing of my own car. Thanks man

Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #19
Chris215
Tri-State Addict

Member #5115

My Ride:
08 WRX

haha sure, I'll do what I can. the event starts at 10am correct?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #20
Roadkilled75
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6074

My Ride:

First car is off the line at 10am. You might want to get there a little before that.

If you're driving, you want to be there by 8 or so if you have to change tires.