TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

ITSTOCK's Stock to NOT so stock 03 cobra...

xxxxx

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 12-06-2020 at 05:13 PM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
347gtvert
Tri-State Addict

Member #551

You gonna get into anyting else soon?

Gone -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
347gtvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

I shortly found out that my car looked like a 4x4. I needed to LOWER it. So, like any car owner would do that wanted a good stance, I changed around suspension and lowered my car. I also added full length subframe connectors.

After spraying the car a BUNCH of times, I realized that that NOS noids and lines weren't big enough for my 185 shot. I bought a stage 6 NX solenoid and all of the upgraded lines and nozzles.

The results???

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...1700fc7bad.htm

663rwhp/803rwtq, which made it literally the highest rwhp STOCK UNported blower 03 cobra.

The car didn't hook at all on the drag radials, so I bought a new set of wheels/tires....Centerline Telstars with et streets out back...

After getting it ready for the track, everyone told me to "LAUNCH EASY". I have a hard head, brought the RPM's up to 4800rpms, and dropped the clutch with a straight 185 shot of nitrous (that's 803rwtq going through the stock rear)...

Yea yea, "You dumby!!!"

I ended up breaking both half shafts and the center section. It was time to get the IRS brace to help avoid this, so I did.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Well I kept the car on the street, and as a weekend driver. Driving on slicks got old REAL fast, so I sold them, and kept the 10th anni. wheels on. I also stopped using nitrous and was having enough fun without it! HOWEVER, it wasn't enough fun! I shortly after bought a ported blower.

I took the car to atco and ran an 11.4@126 on blower only. I was EXTREMELY pleased with that!!!! The car ran it's ass off, and other than 5 total clutches, I didn't have ANY problems with the car.

HOWEVER, even though I don't consider them problems, EVERY time I stepped in to the car I found myself being worried that there was a new "noise", creek, or rattle. I stopped driving the car and bought what everyone calls a "mini-van", my BMW X5. I literally stopped driving the car, and didn't drive it for a couple months. I had the car up for sale on numerous sites, but never TRIED selling it. I put it in to autotrader FINALLY, and after 4 days, I had about 50 calls. The first one that called had dibs, and ended up buying her.

So that's my story!! If ANYONE wants to buy an 03/4 cobra, GO FOR IT!!!!!! They are BADASS, RELIABLE, and FUN. I have no regrets about the car, other than losing interest in it. I have NOTHING bad to say about them (other than what can be said of most all domestic cars, which is the fit/finish quality). The new owner already has a single 88mm turbo kit on the way. I had already installed all of the nec. fuel system parts for it to handle the turbo, so all he has to do is upgrade the halfshafts. I talked to him last week, and he said he ordered DSS level 5 half shafts.

I will stick by saying that the 03 cobra motor is ONE OF, the BADDEST factory longblocks in existance and WILL go down in fame just like the supra's!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347gtvert View Post
You gonna get into anyting else soon?
Nope. I'm saving to build my dream home, looking to start construction in another 4-5 years. After that's all done with, I will buy another car to toy around with, hopefully a new(er) 911 turbo. The quad hobby that I now have takes place of the thrills (and far surpasses) that cars used to give me.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
347gtvert
Tri-State Addict

Member #551

a dream home lol. you sound like a chick w/ your little story about your car and your dreams. sorry, but your car is just another cobra.

good luck w/ your goals.

Gone -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347gtvert View Post
a dream home lol. you sound like a chick w/ your little story about your car and your dreams. sorry, but your car is just another cobra.

good luck w/ your goals.
It is just another cobra, that's what makes them so damn cool! Not many cars can you say a 600+rwhp car is just like the rest of them

And I am like a girl, I've been working on my "dream home" for the past 3 years now I'm a picky little bastard, and after seeing what some contractors do, there is NO WAY I could EVER move in to a house that I didn't personally watch every step.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
347gtvert
Tri-State Addict

Member #551

just bustin man. I agree totally about other contractors. seriously good luck. car was badass

Gone -

Last edited by 347gtvert; 11-07-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
minime
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #2591

so wait a second you bought a 600 mile old 03 cobra for $24k? Please tell me you met somewhere in the middle on the price, because that is rediculous.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:40 AM   #10
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

im not normally a fan of domestics, but thats a pretty nice car you got there. good power too.

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
lagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:51 AM   #11
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

had the SAME thing happen with my green formula. advertised at $10,900 on autotrader. showed up at the dealership and they pulled up kbb and it said $12,900. told the sales guy to pull the ad up, and sure enough after the manager came out and all of that jazz i ended up getting the car for $10,200 not as good as your deal but same schenario!

have fun with the house. can't race a house, but you can't live in a car. which is more important?

could've SWORN you told me you got a clean pass on the hit (?) not gonna say the time i thought you told me but it was ALOT faster than 11.40 run on blower. dunno maybe im mistaken.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #12
PA Z06
Tri-State Addict

Member #1883

My Ride:
2002 Corvette Z06

Send a message via AIM to PA Z06
Cool story, and let me start by saying im a huge 03/04 cobra fan, almost bought one before the Z06. I am surprised that you say the z06s seats were not comfy, I pulled my drivers seat, not because of comfort but because i would slide around in the car while driveing aggressive. My sparco is the best mod to my z so far.
Good luck with your dream home.
Roll Bar/Sparco Evo L Seat
03 Pathfinder "Daily driven"
PA Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
HunterSnake
Noob-Jersey

Member #2881

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime View Post
so wait a second you bought a 600 mile old 03 cobra for $24k? Please tell me you met somewhere in the middle on the price, because that is rediculous.
You think $24k is a lot for an '03 Cobra with 600 miles?
HunterSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #14
minime
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #2591

no I think it's rediculously cheap. that's why I'm asking if they met halfway between 24k and 34k.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:56 PM   #15
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

One of my fav cars on theese forums..Well, was, anyway
peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #16
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
im not normally a fan of domestics, but thats a pretty nice car you got there. good power too.
Not a fan of domestics??? WHY??? Is your car more reliable? Less rattles? More power? Better handling? I don't care if you think it's a nice car, but your car is just as much, or MORE of a piece of **** than domestics.

For the rest of you, thanks for the comments. Like I said, 03/4 cobra's are literally the BEST mustang EVER made. Considering you can get a used one now for in the very low $20,000's, they are probably one of the biggest (ALL AROUND) performance cars you can get. 9's on the stock LONGblock isn't uncommon at all anymore. They still handle decent, have awesome interiors, and can look straight up badass! I, again, would rec. the car to anyone. The supra's are double the price right now and it's the only car comparable to it! (other than the pesky LS1's)

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 11-10-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:08 AM   #17
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Easy there fella..I have driven plent of mustangs and will have to disagree with you on that one..Domestic build quality specifically the mustang is lacking to say the least, but it also has it's strengths..I would take a 94 celica all trac over a 94 mustang GT anyday of the week..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
Not a fan of domestics??? WHY??? Is your car more reliable? Less rattles? More power? Better handling? I don't care if you think it's a nice car, but your car is just as much, or MORE of a piece of **** than domestics.

For the rest of you, thanks for the comments. Like I said, 03/4 cobra's are literally the BEST mustang EVER made. Considering you can get a used one now for in the very low $20,000's, they are probably one of the biggest (ALL AROUND) performance cars you can get. 9's on the stock LONGblock isn't uncommon at all anymore. They still handle decent, have awesome interiors, and can look straight up badass! I, again, would rec. the car to anyone. The supra's are double the price right now and it's the only car comparable to it! (other than the pesky LS1's)
peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #18
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyturbo View Post
Easy there fella..I have driven plent of mustangs and will have to disagree with you on that one..Domestic build quality specifically the mustang is lacking to say the least, but it also has it's strengths..I would take a 94 celica all trac over a 94 mustang GT anyday of the week..

I wouldn't take either. And I have been in celicas, and they are just as junky year for year. Anyway, I asked why lagos wasn't a fan of domestics.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 11-10-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #19
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
nice car. makes me want one now
Old 11-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #20
vr6exy
Tri-State Addict

Member #381

My Ride:
2011 Golf TDI, 1995 GTI VR6

Send a message via AIM to vr6exy
my bf drives an 03 mineral gray cobra at the track, ran 10.99 last week at island with the stock blower. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWNQNOwf7OM

i love these cars!