TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
turboman808
Tri-State Addict

Member #5285

Spent the day at Monticello

Got invited last minute to the Jaguar day at Monticello. I wish I was a member, it's such a cool place.

I got to go out with Roberto Guerro in an XKR so I had to show how great of driver I was.

I was pretty fast and waved by alot but almost went off track twice. Then I got to ride shotgun with him. Which just went to show why he is paid to do this stuff.

I did throw my GoPro camera in the window but the battery was just about dead. Probably didn't get a whole lot of video. Very sad since riding shotgun with a former indy driver is pretty goddam fun.

We also took the new XJ out for a drive. For a big luxury car it feels very light on it's feet. I haven't driven any of the new BMWs but have driven the whole range of AMG cars. They feel very big, slow to respond and a little to blingy IMO compared to the Jaguar range. Of course I am biased so take it for what it's worth.
turboman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

No in car video... it never happened.

I'm jealous, did you get to take your vehicle? Weren't you looking in to buying a Etype or something? Did you?

Everytime I see an oolder XJ, I want one real bad. The new ones are pure sex!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
turboman808
Tri-State Addict

Member #5285

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
No in car video... it never happened.

I'm jealous, did you get to take your vehicle? Weren't you looking in to buying a Etype or something? Did you?

Everytime I see an oolder XJ, I want one real bad. The new ones are pure sex!
HAHA I am trying so hard to be a responsible adult. It's painful. But I know that investing in and creating new businesses right now would mean more toys in the future. I'm getting married in less then a year and right now I want to invest in her future.

She has helped 2 different people get daycare centers started and has a terrific track record. I would be stupid not to help her get a daycare center up and going. I have an investor and I am gonna pay off her student loans so she can hit the ground running when her masters is done.

So it could be 3 years before I get a super car but it will be his an hers super cars.

I am gonna get a series 3 XJ6 vanden plas very very soon. I want us to have a family car before our wedding in May. The XJ6s are really cheap and something we can really use. See I am being practical.

I haven't bought a new car in 3 years.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
Nick 95 6sp
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3675

My Ride:
'95 Supra Turbo 6sp

Wow, that sounds like a great fun opportunity. Everything I hear and see (incar track videos) about Monticello confirms it's a great place. I wish it was closer to Philly...I think it's like 4-1/2 hr drive up there.

My buddy Scott works there...he used to post here but I don't think he has in quite a while. He's invited me up there, even to stay at his place, and experience Monticello but I just haven't been able to break away from the family for a weekend yet. One day soon I hope to make it.
Nick 95 6sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
turboman808
Tri-State Addict

Member #5285

I really didn't go up there intending to film and just sorta grabbed some cameras last minute. I got just a hint of the in car track stuff. Very upset by that. I'll upload it but it's rather lame.

Here is a few minutes of the new XJ on the street with me driving. Get to see what a real douche bag I am if nothing else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXiz47q1xk