TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #21
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05OCsrt-4 View Post
can we have a contest to who can get the most points? lol
Yeah thats a good idea have fun with that, .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #22
05OCsrt-4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #855

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toSTI View Post
Yeah thats a good idea have fun with that, .
but honestly this is a good idea, should've been done awhile ago. The infractions should have an explanation with them to help narrow what will cause the infraction.
Quote:
I've got nothing... no sarcastic reply, no witty retort...
that was just stupid
05OCsrt-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #23
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Just out of curiosity, what would qualify as first degree insubordination?
the insubordination offenses exist because sometimes people intentionally defy a moderators wishes. the second degree would be a less serious non-bannable offense, and first degree would be a more serious offense that the moderator feels should result in a temporary ban (7 day time-out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
What if they use a sidekick? You can ban there name but if you ban there ip your banning numerous individuals because they share ips.
if someone abuses the forum from a sidekick and the problem gets serious enough i will be forced to block sidekicks alltogether. you can hate the offending person not me for that, but hopefully it wont come to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggsr925 View Post
does that mean i have to change my sig
profitable promotion isnt allowed unless you are a vendor, which helps regulate the quality on the site as well as protect the vendors that support it. personal non-profit promotion is sometimes allowed, but is up to the moderating team's discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadgoat9286 View Post
Knowingly going off topic- how do you define this? Like is it in a thread about a Scion and you start talking about your car?
Or is it in the same thread and you start talking about the girl who is pictured next to the Scion?
we have been dealing with people knowingly going off topic for a long time and as much as we try, some people just dont listen. we try to keep things pretty laid back, and if anything is even somewhat linked to the topic, then its fine, but when you are knowingly and intentionally going off topic or adding completely useless posts to a thread and it is noticeable enough then you will get an infraction point for it. its merely a slap on the wrist, but hopefully will deter someone from doing it chronically and building up infraction points. this is all to try and keep the threads cleaner and more organized.
Quote:
Swear filter/inappropriate language- Isn't that what the filter is there for? If it blocks it out, it blocks it out. Or are you talking like adding an H in a word so you can still get the same exact word, just with an H? And how would you define "inappropriate language"? Name-calling? Teasing? Etc etc?
yes, it is mostly for people who are dodging the swear filter, which unfortunately is also a chronic problem for some reason.
Quote:
The rest is somewhat explanatory, but i'd like to understand some angles and all that..
thanks, like i said we're still trying to sort things out and this type of thoughtful feedback helps a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled T View Post
I actually like this, because its going to catch some double-standards on this board, but the Insubordination, well thats a little vague. I'm hoping that some mods who get 'personally offended' or just pissed in general b/c they don't like certain members won't abuse it...
It has always been very important to myself and the rest of the moderating team to never make any moderating judgements personal. There is a very defined line between a personal response and a moderator response, and I'd like to think we do a very good job at making that division and not abusing any moderating power. If you ever do see a problem with this please contact me or any other moderator via PM and we will absolutely address the issue.
As far as "insubordination", unfortunately I can't summarize every single offense possible, so that is part of the reason the minor and major insubordination offenses exist, and it also defines when a user does not respect a moderators specific requests. I felt that the name was appropriate, but if it seems logical, I can always name it something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Regardless of the service you provide, you are still our peer. Maybe you should consider a better choice of words. Sounds too much like "Respect my AUTHORITY" to me.
We do want to be your peers, but at the end of the day the moderators are working to achieve a specific goal, and in certain situations, our authority must be respected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05OCsrt-4 View Post
can we have a contest to who can get the most points? lol
And the winner will receive a permanent ban and will be forgotten about almost immediately. The best part is there can be more than one winner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 03-14-2007 at 03:12 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #24
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Hey, sorry if i missed it, but I see that we will be notified for an offense that carries no point value, and that the offenses carrying points will be document. However, when we get a violation involving point(s) will we still be notified via PM or how will we know?

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #25
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

you will be notified for either, sorry if i wasn't clear.

the nomenclature has changed a bit with the new systems so i was trying to explain that also. the new system says:

warnings carry no points, but are just a formal notification that you're pushing the limit. user will receive the warning via pm with a message from the mod about it.

infractions carry points which will be put on your 'record' and will increase or decrease as explained above. the user will receive the infraction notice via pm with a message from the mod about it, and the point value of the infraction.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 03-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #26
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX View Post
Sounds like demerits in high school, which can result in detention, suspension, or even being expelled.....
it's the same system everything else works on, just like day to day life.. break the laws and you get fined, penalized, or go to jail

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #27
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Send a message via AIM to SexyDSM95
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
it's the same system everything else works on, just like day to day life.. break the laws and you get fined, penalized, or go to jail
Similar...just you can go to court to correct the mitakes that do happen when you are penalized.
SexyDSM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Buster
This message has been deleted by TROLL.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #28
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
Wow I didnt Know the internet now had Forum police...Good Luck with the new system
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #29
Dave
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #633

My Ride:
Shelby Z, ZJ, NSX, CBR954RR, Hawk GT

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Jail? is the troll cage coming back?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:28 PM   #30
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
Drew, It's the internet, It shouldnt be this serious...Last time I checked there wasn't a Handbook on rules/laws for the internet. But like I said before Good luck to everyone on the Mod team with implementing the new system.
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #31
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Troll cage was a better idea.....
Old 07-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #32
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
we need a rep system to show how close someone is to being banned.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Buster
Old 08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
D Money
Old 08-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #33
1_badimport
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5224

My Ride:
1987 mazda rx7 /sbc

im on alot of sights and this seems a little harsh ..punishment for violating rules ??
is this an infraction im just wondering as i used it in a thread but wasnt trying to do it to piss anyone off ..
you have the word *** f*a*g* banned but not **** i dont get it ??just seems a little silly,, sorry not bashing but is this site g-rated ??
1_badimport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #34
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

i've never been on a forum that doesnt have rules, and what are rules when they arent being inforced somehow? without any structure the forum would go to hell, and thats not what i'm interested in doing here.
i totally welcome your questions and as long as construcrive, nobody is getting pissed off.
about the specific words, if they were to become a problem and get abused in the future, we would look over censoring them. not trying to limit anything we dont have to at this point though.

p.s. this post was much more useful than the one you made in the other one in the sig thread, dont you think?

|

Quote:

|
Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 AM   #35
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

I'd like to know what happened to the warning.....straight from nothing to "BAM - You have 5 points because you called someone an idiot". Like idiot is that offensive.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #36
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

if you're seriously interested in talking about it then contact me via PM, this is not the place to do it.

|

Quote:

|
Old 12-29-2008, 05:36 AM
samrawet
Old 12-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #37
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
What is not clear to me is how many points you have to accumulate for a perm ban or something like it.

Basically, what sort of penalties are associated with which punishment(except the obvious sucking at life ban).
Old 12-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #38
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

"In the extreme event that a member appears to only be here to cause trouble, they will be permanently banned and will no longer be able to visit the forum at all. This is done at the moderators discretion and can be done without warning at any time."

In addition to and going along with this, any member that has been temp banned 2x is brought under heavy review. Its quite hard for a member who respects the rules and makes an effort to contribute to the forum to get themselves temp banned, so in the rare event that it happens twice to the same person, its time to try to understand how they do or don't fit into the forum.

|

Quote:

|
Old 12-29-2008, 06:35 PM   #39
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
"In the extreme event that a member appears to only be here to cause trouble, they will be permanently banned and will no longer be able to visit the forum at all. This is done at the moderators discretion and can be done without warning at any time."

In addition to and going along with this, any member that has been temp banned 2x is brought under heavy review. Its quite hard for a member who respects the rules and makes an effort to contribute to the forum to get themselves temp banned, so in the rare event that it happens twice to the same person, its time to try to understand how they do or don't fit into the forum.
Well, let me ask a more specific question. I received 4 of those "Knowingly Going Off Topic" thingies literally the first day I joined not knowing that this place is more joke than serious. How many of those would I need to collect over a period of, lets say, 6 months to be considered for a temp ban. Or, are penalties purely based on every moderators discretion and weight of infraction. Meaning, If I go 4 more months without collecting any more of these in which case the previous 4 would be over and get 4 more making it a total of 8 infractions in 6 months, what would the penalty, if any, be for that?

Is there a way you guys can trace x amount of "knowingly going off topic" penalties even when they expire and act accordingly?
Old 01-14-2009, 03:20 AM   #40
Vsix
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #776

I should have known when my buddy told me to join in 05 ...."A site for CHILDREN is ran by CHILDREN " I'm on 15 different car related sites for 10+ years and never ran into these "WACKY RULES" i understand you need rules but please just use some common sense when posting
Vsix is offline   Reply With Quote