TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
Can anyone recommend a good local fishing spot

to take kids....?

My son is 6 and mildly autistic...I just want a local place where I don't have to worry about him getting overwhelmed/scared or hurt (no cliffs, jetties, bridges, etc).

I live in far Northeast Philly. The only local place I can think of besides the dirty ass delaware river is Tyler Park in Newtown. Does anyone on here know of any other parks, or creeks/streams within a reasonable distance? I don't like doing the bridges and such for obvious reasons. Or even if I took him to Tyler, would he catch anything? That's most important, i want him to actually enjoy it and pull a few. My friend has a house up the mountains in Lake Harmony, but I'm talking local Saturday or Sunday morning outings.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've only ever gone fishing on boats and such, so I'm not at all familiar with smaller local spots.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
C'DALERIDER
Tri-State Addict

Member #1064

My Ride:
'04WRX,'06STI;WRBX2,850awhp

at rt 363 and rt 73 (actually on 363, aka valley forge road near center square---next main road up from 202 - 73) there is a trout pond. It is a paying pond though. No barbed hooks allowed, can rent fishing polls and all necc stuff, can keep or put back fish...etc. It is good for little kids or maybe you purpose. Last time I was there with my daughter I turned around to see this kid next to me with a fish hook through his freaking lip! FTW! My daughter still talks about it...lol. Thank goodness for him...the hooks ard NOT barbed. But anyway, I did not pull it out, cut the line, called his mother over and told them to go to the hospital to get it removed cause I didnt know when his last tetnus shot was.
The wheel in front of me twitches and pulses with enormous energy as it tries desperately to pull away from my gasping breaths. My legs ache, the pain beginning deep, unbelievably deep, slowly creeping up through the layers of my consciousness, finally reaching the threshold where my struggle to ignore it is overcome and it comes gushing out in great spasms.
C'DALERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

awesome!! i hooked my pop in his ass when i was a youngin..haha

thanks for the info. i dont mind paying for entry, and I have a few poles. That spot sounds perfect for a little weekend excursion. I'm not familiar with that area so I'll look it up, but thanks for the suggestion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
tyler park isnt too bad, i seen some decent bass, a 80 pound snapper, and a beaver in the creek, just fish before the damn
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Thanks Den....just curious..is that a pay spot also?

Old 06-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Nockamixon State Park is a great spot to fish, plenty of piers to go dow onto and beautiful park area, boat launch, beach....Its a little further north than newtown right Near Quakertown, you should check that out

Edit: do not have to pay public state park, as goes for Tyler Park i believe
|Nikon|
Twitter:

Last edited by SvicksTc; 06-17-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: more info added
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
sleepersatty99
Tri-State Addict

Member #4142

My Ride:
99 saturn sl2

go down to linden ave they have little ponds for kids to fish in. its at linden and state rd's

your suffering will be legendary even in HELL!!!!!
sleepersatty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
Tyler is free and you may catch some stuff there.

Core Creek is also free, never caught anything there.

Along the Delaware Canal is nice too.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #9
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepersatty99 View Post
go down to linden ave they have little ponds for kids to fish in. its at linden and state rd's
haha Linden Ave I know all about...thats what i was referring to when I said "dirty ass delaware"...

I'll look into all of these places, thanks for all the suggestions!

Side note: I have regular rods, but my dad bought my son that damn rocket rod thing because he saw it on TV wanted it. I am curious to see how that damn thing works...or IF it works. lol