TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
codenamezephyr3
Noob-Jersey

Member #7929

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si Coupe

Illegal Left Turn

I was in cherry hill one night with my bro and gf in the car, i was on my way home and had to make a U-turn on rt38, i followed the signs that said u-turn, and i pulled up to the intersection, i was behind a white suv, we both had our blinkers on, when the light turned green we both turned and were headed down 38, the suv got into the other lane, slowed down, got behind me and turned its lights on, little did i know it was a cop, he pulled me over in my 1986 toyota camry and told me that i had made an illegal left turn at the intersection i was sitting behind him at, he gave me a careless driving ticket instead of an illegal turn ticket. He claims he got me speeding too, but i was only doing 53 in a 50 at most, my car wasnt very fast at all. Anyway, i told the cop i was not from around the area (which is true, i live about 45 mins away from cherry hill), and that i was unfamiliar with the intersection, he told me there was a 3 foot sign which i must have missed that said no left turns. Long story short, i paid the ticket and took the points because i did not feel like going back to cherry hill and fighting it in their court. I just want to know if anyone else thinks that was really messed up to get a ticket for an illegal left turn by accident while the cop in front of me did the same exact thing.
codenamezephyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

THe officer made the same turn as you?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
codenamezephyr3
Noob-Jersey

Member #7929

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si Coupe

Yes, he made the turn before me even, as i said i followed him through the light not knowing it was a police officer.
codenamezephyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

Fight it in court you have a good shot at winning it. The judge may find you guilty but could also charge the officer as well for the same violation.