TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-27-2006, 07:45 PM   #1
hummerman88
Tri-State Addict

Member #880

sexual acts while driving

lets say "my buddy" got pulled over cuz a cop saw him with a female performing sexual acts while he was driving, what could the cop do? and in most cases, what would a cop do?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
undercover
[TST] Police Officer, Representing NJ

Member #1297

ok well i'll try to answer this the best that I can. I would push the issue that "you buddy" could be charged with a criminal charge. I would think he could be charged with Lewdness. I hope CROWNVIC resonds to this aswell to help me out. 2C:14-4 which states "Disorderly persons offense if a flagrantly lewd and offensive act likely to be observed by other nonconsenting persons who would be alarmed or affronted." I would argue that if I, being the cop, was able to to see you, then i am sure other persons could also see you too. So, therefore you could get arrested for a disorderly persons which under $1000 fine. Although I am not sure if a judge will convict, but that is something you could be charged with. I think this is a good question....CROWNVIC what you think?