TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #21
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellen View Post
It's in the best interest of the country to have these people contributing, paying taxes, and integrating into our society. Not just locking themselves in small communities of other illegal immigrants and popping out babies to stick around.
Many do pay taxes. They use fake SS #'s. Food prices and other basic commodities are subsidized through cheap illegal immigrant workers.

The ones who do not pay taxes are generally employed by American citizens who choose to use them. What's ironic is some of these employers are wealthy, so they're more inclined to be Republican, yet out of greedy they choose to save money by hiring illegals.

I've read Heaven's Door by Borjas and Dividing Lines by Tichenor, both of which are published by Princeton.
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #22
Proven
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1547

My Ride:
99 RS-WRX

Send a message via AIM to Proven
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0dzuki View Post
To the OP, if you say that one should not be a citizen unless your parents are citizens, then I guess 2/3's of the United States current citizens should be revoked of their citizenship and be sent back to their "home" country because I know many people are 2nd or 3rd generation in the United States and are the only US citizens within their family.

My parents are citizens at the moment but when I was born they weren't citizens, so your basically implying that for someone that was in my situation which is basically half the population or more in the United States; that they should be kicked out?

If our parents or grandparents had the opportunity, I believe others should have that opportunity as well. It should just be well organized and controlled but not made illegal or unlawful. If you want to come here, fill out the necessary paperwork and come, end of story.
Best response in here!!

Most of these people are just trying to come here to give their families a better life. If it was as easy to become a citizen like it was 100's of years ago they wouldn't have to resort to finding loop hole's and breaking the law.

I would bet 99% of you have had family members migrate here so that YOU could have a better life. Why the hell would you not want others to have the same opportunity? (give me a moral reason to why instead of just "its my stolen land, stay out").

Unless your a Native American Indian (remember them?) you have no right to complain about immigrants imo.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #23
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Thing is, this isnt 100 years ago. We can't live in the past. People NOW are breaking the law, reguardless of how you view it. We have follow all of our rules why shouldn't they? I dont care if they want to come and make a better life for themself, thats good and fine. There are plenty of legal ways to do it as far as im concerned. I have a friend who will be getting married to what will be an immigrant and she is going though all the right channels, why can't they?

Im ok with immigration. Illegal immigration, im not going to shed a tear over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #24
SWAT Team S14
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16347

My Ride:

Anchor babys....nuff said
SWAT Team S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #25
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
I also think it should be taken a step further and everyone should be tested. I bet half of this forum, let alone the US legal population, can't sing our anthem, correctly say the pledge of allegiance, and also know of our history, laws, founding fathers, etc. That is just one aspect of being a citizen. Then, you come into language. Other than that, a lot of people are not good citizens. They hate the government, they work against it. Some leech off of it. Then, again, that has been made easily thanks to the neocon rise in the past 40 years. I also won't blame on everyone having jobs because out of the millions of undocumented illegals at least 10% of them are out there working jobs that should be available to Americans. Alas, the employers make it easy for the illegals to get those jobs and harbor them with shelter on top of the jobs. It's a lot of issues, not just one. It's complicated and it won't get fixed by this administration, the next, or the one after that. It's been in the making since this country was founded and, just like the economic problem, it will be dealt with slowly, but surely, just like everything else in a democracy. Slavery was wrong since the start, and it took how long and how much blood and lives to get rid of it? Exactly. Even decades after everything was law the blacks were still discriminated and still are suffering from severe disadvantages. Civil rights is still going on!

Wow, long rant no one will read.
c0nfl1kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #26
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:

everytime you post i imagine its a speech bubble from your avatar.. that vid is hilarious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

TST's Dub Cult
Old 08-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #27
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

I wish we could figure out how to secure the borders before we start writing more laws. With that said the Reps know it will get blocked, I say they are pandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgjacki View Post
Agree. If you aren't here legally, don't think multiplying will save you. You're all swimming back, newborn and all.
Mint!
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #28
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
I also think it should be taken a step further and everyone should be tested. I bet half of this forum, let alone the US legal population, can't sing our anthem, correctly say the pledge of allegiance, and also know of our history, laws, founding fathers, etc. That is just one aspect of being a citizen.
Do they even teach that **** anymore? I mean you can legally sit out of the pledge in grade school, WTF.

And I read it, just would rather not continue the rant.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #29
SRT60-1
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16355

My Ride:
nikes

how about...who cares who comes to this country. but if you do come, you have to pay double of the taxes and we get a tax relief at the end of the year. id vote for that.
SRT60-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #30
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proven View Post
Best response in here!!

Most of these people are just trying to come here to give their families a better life. If it was as easy to become a citizen like it was 100's of years ago they wouldn't have to resort to finding loop hole's and breaking the law.

I would bet 99% of you have had family members migrate here so that YOU could have a better life. Why the hell would you not want others to have the same opportunity? (give me a moral reason to why instead of just "its my stolen land, stay out").

Unless your a Native American Indian (remember them?) you have no right to complain about immigrants imo.
Dude, get serious. The real way to attain citizenship is to apply, pay your fees, wait. A lot of the immigrants that are here BREAK THE LAW! Are you saying it's okay for someone to steal a loaf of bread to feed a family?It's still theft and being in a country illegally is ILLEGAL! That is why they are called ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! People can come here LEGALLY with working visas. I would be willing to put money on a sizable percentage of NYC financial analysts, etc, being on working visas. A lot of researchers are also on visas and are sponsored by american corporations. That is perfectly fine. Crossing the border, no matter what your intentions are, is illegal. It isn't about the intent, it is always about the IMPACT of that intent.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #31
AristoSan
Tri-State Addict

Member #10650

My Ride:
Boosted 2001 GS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0dzuki View Post
To the OP, if you say that one should not be a citizen unless your parents are citizens, then I guess 2/3's of the United States current citizens should be revoked of their citizenship and be sent back to their "home" country because I know many people are 2nd or 3rd generation in the United States and are the only US citizens within their family.

My parents are citizens at the moment but when I was born they weren't citizens, so your basically implying that for someone that was in my situation which is basically half the population or more in the United States; that they should be kicked out?

If our parents or grandparents had the opportunity, I believe others should have that opportunity as well. It should just be well organized and controlled but not made illegal or unlawful. If you want to come here, fill out the necessary paperwork and come, end of story.
Word..I love how tons of people think we should just kick kids out and or break up families. I like how people think only immigrants take advantage of laws and procedures.I know or have known tons of people who are 2nd or 3rd Gen immigrant families who haven't even been to their country of origin or doesn't even speak the language. I don't think it's right to send them back since they are citizens. I would love to see half of these people make it with their rock known as their family...smh
AristoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #32
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
Do they even teach that **** anymore? I mean you can legally sit out of the pledge in grade school, WTF.

And I read it, just would rather not continue the rant.
You are a ****ing idiot. You are a citizen of this nation and should serve in its best interest. Anything else makes you a separatist and you should be shot for treason. You can sit out because there are a lot of people who don't believe in god as it is phrased in the pledge. Get your facts straight, sir.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #33
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
You are a ****ing idiot. You are a citizen of this nation and should serve in its best interest. Anything else makes you a separatist and you should be shot for treason. You can sit out because there are a lot of people who don't believe in god as it is phrased in the pledge. Get your facts straight, sir.
I didn't know that was why. Makes sense.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #34
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:

i think some of you are still overlooking the word ILLEGAL...

TST's Dub Cult
Old 08-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #35
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott18t View Post
I mentioned it, bro. Read up a few posts. This thread is making me angry. I will watch the Phillies game then come back and respond with a cooler head.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #36
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:

Quote:
I mentioned it, bro. Read up a few posts. This thread is making me angry. I will watch the Phillies game then come back and respond with a cooler head.
i know you mentioned it.

TST's Dub Cult
Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #37
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott18t View Post
Mexicans will continue to emigrate to America for as long as big business needs them. The Political Right can yap about building a wall and both parties can talk about doing something about all of the illegals in this country, but big business will not allow anything to be done to their precious workforce. Money runs things in this country. America has relied on an expendable work force since slavery.

So I doubt the Constitution will change. One of the main reasons these illegal immigrants emigrate to America is for their children and the prospect of them enjoying the American dream. Take that away from them and less will come.
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #38
RSX Type-Slow
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5868

My Ride:
99' Civic Si

Send a message via AIM to RSX Type-Slow
Not only are illegal immigrants stealing jobs from US citizens, they are sending most of their hard earned money back to their families in their home country. A friend of mine owns his own company and has a guy working for him whose been in America for over 20 years illegally and has literally sent almost $60,000 back over the border to his family. I know this because I've asked him lol

funny thing is he speaks perfect English when its convenient and pretends to not understand it the rest of the time.

But the sad truth is its super cheap and they'll work their asses off. Not most of the time, ALL of the time 7 days a week if needed without complaint. My father in law also owns his own concrete/ masonry business and refuses to hire illegal immigrants. He used to prefer hiring convicts fresh out of prison (kind of a second chance kind of thing, and I admire that) who all started as great employees with a new lease on life. But after time they would bitch and moan like everyone else, always ask for a raise, and were generally ungrateful. He has since decided to work solo.

Immigration is cool with me when done legally. Hell I'm for diversity and all that jazz, its the spice of life lol. But you come here illegally, you best pack your ****ing bags and git' to steppin'

Dropped and swapped Civic Si

Last edited by RSX Type-Slow; 08-05-2010 at 01:00 AM.
RSX Type-Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #39
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Quote:
Dear cranky...
I could care less why you want to sit out, unless you have no legs you should be standing. End- My facts are straight, you can be righteous and sit down during the pledge, but you'll have no problem spending the money with God written on it too. Hope your day get's a little brighter.

Love, ****ing idiot
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #40
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
Dear cranky...
I could care less why you want to sit out, unless you have no legs you should be standing. End- My facts are straight, you can be righteous and sit down during the pledge, but you'll have no problem spending the money with God written on it too. Hope your day get's a little brighter.

Love, ****ing idiot
Hmm, so if you were in another country that had something similar with "under Buddah" or whatever in the verse, you would stand and pledge? No, you wouldn't because you don't believe in Buddah and that's not your chosen religion. There was a girl I went all through grade school with who was a Johova, never stood for the pledge even once because of that one line "under God." If you don't believe it you don't believe it. We can't force anyone into my/yours/our religion. It might not generally relate to any religion but it does have a religious mention in it. Everyone has the right to practice whichever religion they chose. Besides, that's a whole other argument.